FM2009 on Mac: Cannot play a game after updating to 10.6.3!

Do you get any specific error messages when the crash happens? You should probably try updating your graphics card drivers,directx and java as well since you've upgraded your os. You should also read the faq thread at the top of this page to see if a fix is there.

As said before, it's obviously not a Direct X issue, but thanks for the suggestion :)

I really think this is something to do with the updated 3D code in the new OS X upgrade as everything was fine until I ran System Update. I can work around the issue by turning 3D off and having the old 2D mode, but I kind of got used to the 3D mode! Has any other Mac users experienced this at all, I'd be interested to hear whether this is a known problem yet or any workarounds in place?

I am having the same issue. The game will not start for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it gives me this error:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 4

I cant believe i didnt back up. I believe I still have my save files. What do we do?

Right, i'm on Leopard 10.5.8 so i presume its just a Snow Leopard issue. In the morning, a member from SI will take a look at this thread, hopefully there will be a solution :thup:. My advice is to hang tight and dont try and fix the problem yourself as you could make it worse, as it seems like its a big and serious issue.

No worries my friend, happy to help. I would suggest you all report to Apple, the more people reporting in a short period of time will force them to address the issue sooner. Don't stress too much, SI usually find quick solutions to the problems. Whilst you're here, take a look around the forums and join in with the banter going on :thup:.

Researching online, I have seen this problem in other forums for other Mac users, the problem is updating the GAME, not the OS. Now that our Macs have the latest OS update, we have to download the update for FM which is the 10.3 i believe? I don't know how to do this :( but I read this works! If you know how, good luck! I don't, can anyone help? :(

Yeah, i'm on FM2009 on the most recent patch and no joy. It really looks like the OS update has messed up the compatibility of the older FM 3D code. I recall seeing something in the change log (OS) about updated OpenGL code, so maybe this is something to do with it? It looks like the patch would have to come from SI's end as well, fingers crossed!

I have this issue too, and its really made me fed up, along time ago when this game was championship manager I ran a site just for mac users of the game, and i wonder whether its worth doing it again, as we are still being left out in the cold.

I have also issues playing the game after updating my system to 10.6.3.

The game still starts but when loading 3d-match it crashs. It would be pretty nice when there would been presented a solution, how to play FM2009 on OSX.

I have also issues playing the game after updating my system to 10.6.3.

The game still starts but when loading 3d-match it crashs. It would be pretty nice when there would been presented a solution, how to play FM2009 on OSX.

I had the exact same problem. Found a workaround that can be used untill a new patch comes out.

When game is loaded, go to options/preferences. In display & sound - menu/3D settings, set the graphical detail to LOW (with all other options game crashes).

Now the game does not crash anymore. 2D view also works.

This is for OSX 10.6.3 and patch 9.3.0

Archived