Opposition GK Got 10 MOM's In 19 Of My Away Games?

Is this a tad excessive?

Away form ended Won 7 Drew 6 Lost 6 Goals For 23 Goals Against 19

I had 3 times the amount of overall shots than my opponents over the entire season and twice as many of those on target, yet finished up with just a +4 goal difference?

Is this a tad excessive?

Away form ended Won 7 Drew 6 Lost 6 Goals For 23 Goals Against 19

I had 3 times the amount of overall shots than my opponents over the entire season and twice as many of those on target, yet finished up with just a +4 goal difference?

there are way too many shots in the first place. thats where the unrealistic GK performances come from. irl, teams don't always go for the jugular from kick off unless the circumstances call for it, and thats usually when they are behind in an important game. most people want to play attacking football on FM, and to balance it out and create (bad examples of) realistic scores, the AI keeper will be on fire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

there are way too many shots in the first place. thats where the unrealistic GK performances come from. irl, teams don't always go for the jugular from kick off unless the circumstances call for it, and thats usually when they are behind in an important game. most people want to play attacking football on FM, and to balance it out and create (bad examples of) realistic scores, the AI keeper will be on fire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about that? SI categorically denies that there is any AI cheating involved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

there are way too many shots in the first place. thats where the unrealistic GK performances come from. irl, teams don't always go for the jugular from kick off unless the circumstances call for it, and thats usually when they are behind in an important game. most people want to play attacking football on FM, and to balance it out and create (bad examples of) realistic scores, the AI keeper will be on fire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about that? SI categorically denies that there is any AI cheating involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There isn't any AI cheat. The factors that can aid the AI can also aid the human users, it's just that most people can create a tactic better than the AIs and are therefore more often than not on the negative end of these happenings.

I've had the same results both in my favour and against me, my fav was when i was getting battered as coventry and scored with my only shot on goal, from the halfway line, in injury time, to take a 1-0 win. If the AI had done that against me i would have screamed.

To the OP, this may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but what you are describing is almost entirely due to your tactics, head over to the tactics forum and there will be several threads that can sort this out for you - basically you are creating too many poor (at least by the AIs reckoning) chances - they may look easy in the ME but they are very possibly rushed or taken from relatively poor positions.

As long as there is no code in the game that makes the match play differently in case its playing against a human i'm happy.

Ive seen some superkeeper performances in my games but IMO thats just a bit of bad luck. Us people just have a nasty habit of seeing patterns in everything. Maybe its his tactics that is causing his problems (real or just perceived), but i feel that just saying its your tactics has been used far too many times as an excuse for what is really a bug in the game. (not saying that superkeepers are real in 8.0.2)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

Are you sure about that? SI categorically denies that there is any AI cheating involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where did i say the AI cheat? to rephrase my statement a little, if, irl for example, a team scores in the first half to go 1-0 up, if the opposition team get to 80 minutes without scoring, they will be more desperate for an equilizer. the manager will usually bring on another striker for a defender, or convert a player already on the pitch to an auxillery striker. just because the opposition do this, it doesn't automatically mean that the winning team will crumble and concede goals, every player will adopt a more defensive attitude to preserve the lead. the losing team will take shots and put in crosses much more, but in the case of Niel Sullivan yesterday vs Leeds, the keeper will become more focused and claim important ball, make crucial saves etc.

as i said earlier, if most people expect results from all out attacking football for 90 minutes, they shouldn't complain when the opposing GK has a stormer. desperate attempts on goal are taken as quickly as possible irl, trading precision for power. watch any important game (todays playoff for example) and you may see an example of this.

furthermore, Gks are the second most important players on a football pitch (because you can't win without goals), why shouldn't they be able to step their game up when necessary?

where did i say the AI cheat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you said "to balance it out and create (bad examples of) realistic scores, the AI keeper will be on fire." which to me sounded like AI cheating.

Any balancing to keep the scores realistic looking to me sounds like the game artificially causes the player not to score.

I guess i misunderstood you.

There's no bias towards the AI, but there is an obvious bias against teams with tactics/players that create loads of chances every match, be they AI controlled or human user controlled.

where did i say the AI cheat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you said "to balance it out and create (bad examples of) realistic scores, the AI keeper will be on fire." which to me sounded like AI cheating.

Any balancing to keep the scores realistic looking to me sounds like the game artificially causes the player not to score.

I guess i misunderstood you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, you did misunderstand me icon_wink.gif

it's not cheating if defenses and GKs have to play better to counter an onslaught, its natural in football. just like when the losing AI team increases their attack, i.e. 4-2-4. thats football. 25-35 shots per game doesn't happen so often irl, if they were all going in, people would complain that there are too many goals in the game. it was painful watching arsenal play in 06/07, going behind at home and missing a hatful of chances until a late equalizer. it happened many times at the emirates, but not that often elsewhere.

it would make more sense that the AI recognizes that your team is piling on the pressure from kick off to the 25 minute mark, instead of at half time for example. that would reduce the number of shots by your team.

don't get me wrong, i have not had a problem with losing after having loads of shots. but from what i've read on these forums, it is a problem in fm08, but due to the sheer amount of shots on goal, not AI cheating.

Archived