The Thomas Vermaelen Conspiracy

Not alot of people know this, but Vermaelen has been under rated in such an epic way its unreal. Phillipe Senderos is better than Vermaelen to the point that I play Senderos instead of Vermaelen, and I hate Senderos just as much as I hated Cygan. These guys were never footballers, they were clowns.

I understand the reason why Vermaelen was so under rated (no one really denies it) is that the Ajax researcher carried out Vermaelens attributes, and that is a big disaster if the Arsenal Researcher rectifies this mistake even though Vermaelen plays for Arsenal not Ajax.

I dont know why this procedure has been put in place, but it appears borderline absurd. It can only hurt the integrity of the datatbase, not aide it.

After seeing Vermaelen play 45 times this year at the Emirates, I dont think, I know he has been seriously under rated. His stats really dont make all too much sense.

Can SI not find a better way and perhaps consider allowing for example both the Arsenal and Ajax researchers to have both agreed upon an updated stat for the january patch? Could something like this not be implemented for future players who are transferred to new clubs?

So your first thread was closed cos its in the wrong place and you go with this one. You were directed to the right place and still persist in this.

Welcome to the forums, I can see your going to fit in just great!

I dont know if you read so good or not mate, but even though its kind of a data issue, I am actually talking about a more fluid procedure in regards to players who are transferred during the summers.

If its a bad idea fair enough, but no need for hostilities.

I appreciate you're trying a different tact with this post, but this discussion still belongs in the data forum really. What I would forget, straight away, is any idea involving a conspiracy.

It's not absurd to have the stats provided by the Ajax researcher though. When the stats were submitted, the Arsenal researcher hadn't seen him play - so why would you take stats from the Arsenal researcher - it'd be purely guesswork!

Any issues with Arsenal data should be raised in the relevant thread (there's a pre-existing one for Arsenal) in the data forum. Don't raise this one though - Vermaelen's stats will be improved.

Archived