Barcelona, unsporting buggers

First time I have seen this in the game actually.

Situation - Champion's League Final 2011, Arsenal v Barcelona. It is injury time after 90 minutes.

Incident - Yaya Toure gets crocked. Walcott has a great opportunity to counter but sportingly puts the ball out of play. Toure is substituted, and Abidal takes throw-in, launching a Barcelona attack down that flank! You're supposed to throw it back to us you *&^$£(*%&^!!

I wish I could say or do something about that, if it happens now and then. Like to accuse the other team of unfair play and start a media war lol.

They didn't score from that, I'd have been more furious if they had. But they went on to beat us in a penalty shoot-out.

Has anyone noticed other incidents similar to this one?

First time I have seen this in the game actually.

Situation - Champion's League Final 2011, Arsenal v Barcelona. It is injury time after 90 minutes.

Incident - Yaya Toure gets crocked. Walcott has a great opportunity to counter but sportingly puts the ball out of play. Toure is substituted, and Abidal takes throw-in, launching a Barcelona attack down that flank! You're supposed to throw it back to us you *&^$£(*%&^!!

I wish I could say or do something about that, if it happens now and then. Like to accuse the other team of unfair play and start a media war lol.

They didn't score from that, I'd have been more furious if they had. But they went on to beat us in a penalty shoot-out.

Has anyone noticed other incidents similar to these?

Supposed to throw it back to you?

Show me where it says that in the official laws of the game.

I do like the idea about being able to call them on it in the media though.

It may not be a law but it's very rare that the other team don't throw it back.

I know this. However I like to play devils advocate and also take issue with statements such as 'they have to throw it back' because they don't.

Win at all costs! No one remembers the sporting losers.

I know this. However I like to play devils advocate and also take issue with statements such as 'they have to throw it back' because they don't.

Win at all costs! No one remembers the sporting losers.

Oh, you just like to be awkward :p

I don't think he meant 'supposed to' as in 'have to'.

Anyway, I'm all for more media options :thup:

Oh, you just like to be awkward :p

I don't think he meant 'supposed to' as in 'have to'.

Anyway, I'm all for more media options :thup:

Yes, yes I do :D

As for media, me too, there are loads of times I'd loved to have blown up about something thats happened and gets completely ignored in the press conference.

I remember Arsenal scored doing that a few years ago in a cup game against Sheffield United. Steve Bruce took his side off the field and Wenger asked the FA to give them a replay which they did. Quite ironic it was Arsenal Barcelona did it against.

Archived