New Stadiums Idea

Having been frustrated year after year by my Betis board and their constant rejections of any more expansion/a new stadium I thought about how this whole area could be improved. I know it's not a managers responsibility. But alot of people do start threads along the lines of 'stadium problems' or 'how to get a new stadium?'

My idea is thus, and only comes into effect when the board will no longer accept any more expansion.

Simply put, the board, when asked if they can expand the stadium when there is 'no more space', they come back to you with a list of criteria that need to be met. These can be bank balance's, profit figures, attendances, stature, competition wins etc etc. These can obviously already take into account all the factors that currently affect the decision, and show the previously frustrated player what it is that he needs to do!

Let me know what you think!

I find that if the stadium can't be expanded and I keep going on winning things for a few seasons i end up getting a new stadium.

If you're at the point the board can't expand the stadium then you're almost there. You just need another few successful seasons under your belt.

Well, it's not. But what this basically is is the game just letting you know what criteria need to be met for a new stadium. Alot of people are frustrated by the constant rejections when wanting to expand the current stadium further. And also, to some degree, maybe not quit in his/her remit, but a manager would be interested in a new stadium. If you've just been promoted to the premier league and your still in a 12000 seater stadium, you're gonna need to expand/new stadium to be able to compete financially.

I'd like ongoing negotiations rather than an "end-of-season lottery" where there's a small chance your application is accepted. In reality it shouldn't take several years to get planning permission for a new stadium if the club has lots of money to compensate for it (i.e. buying the land from house owners at a premium, other taxes, etc.).

Archived