is this a bug ??

If he's got 52m release clause why are you bidding 53m?

Was a in lieu of other payments?

As far as I know it has to be in monthly installments or cash up front or a bit of both.

€26.5 m for 50 appearances and 26.5m after 50 goals won't cut it for the release fee.

Over x amount of months is ok as well.

See eugene's post above.

No. defiently not. Way law works in Spain, either you pay it upfront, or the other team has the right to reject the offer. Else, what's to stop Real Madrid to make a 200m bid for Messi, paying in "4000 months"?

When the whole Figo issue happened, people were joking here about a possible 10.000 peseta note with the head of Figo and the Real Madrid badge :p

No. defiently not. Way law works in Spain, either you pay it upfront, or the other team has the right to reject the offer. Else, what's to stop Real Madrid to make a 200m bid for Messi, paying in "4000 months"?

When the whole Figo issue happened, people were joking here about a possible 10.000 peseta note with the head of Figo and the Real Madrid badge :p

Irl you are right.

In FM you are wrong. It works with just offering instalments, which it shouldn't.

Its deffinatly upfront, or otherwise United could buy say Messi, for £200 million, over 200 million months!

Not quite, either. Despite being implemented otherwise in FM (I suppose for complexity's sake) the min fee release clauses are supposed to apply to Spain only. Then again, we've never really had an incident concerning that, so I guess the whole thing is in the air XD

Let me get this straight.

The release clause is 52m and you offer 53m?

It is bug, because the owner club have no choice in accepting or not the buy offer, because you cover the release clause and due to rules (not sure which one) the club is obligated in accepting no matter what if it upfront or installments.

Now the player can decide to join or not the club that pays the release clause. (if this is the case then it is not a bug) Because that depends salary you are offering the player.

Archived