Grandads

Personally I probably won't be playing the game much longer, but that's for personal reasons, just won't have the time.

So by the time I'm a granddad I reckon that the game will probably no longer be in existence, or perhaps the game will be so involved that you will be able to go onto a virtual internet server and stand at the side of the pitch and manage in virtual reality land...

Who knows what the future holds?

Personally I probably won't be playing the game much longer, but that's for personal reasons, just won't have the time.

So by the time I'm a granddad I reckon that the game will probably no longer be in existence, or perhaps the game will be so involved that you will be able to go onto a virtual internet server and stand at the side of the pitch and manage in virtual reality land...

Who knows what the future holds?

And the grandchildren will still complain the game isn't realistic enough / should be able to smell the grass, etc.

By the time I'm a Grandad do you reckon it'll take 3 patches and six months to make the game playable? If not, I won't be passing it on to anyone!

Welcome to the world of software dude.

I buy software worth €4,000 every 3 years and last time it took a whole year to fix something that worked fine in the last version.

So for €40 or so I think you're getting a great deal of value and are lucky to be getting patches at all.

But it's always the same, it's a cut-throat world, if you don't get the software out before your competitor then you won't sell as much. So patches are released to combat bugs that were missed due to short deadlines and just plain old human error.

By the time I'm a Grandad do you reckon it'll take 3 patches and six months to make the game playable? If not, I won't be passing it on to anyone!

Define playable. Plenty of people still seem to have enjoyed the game before patch 10.3 was released.

Foolish comment. Before I discovered these forums I'd played 3 versions of the game without needing a patch. 99% of the supposed game breaking bugs I'd never noticed til they were pointed out by someone miserable and negative like you. If you don't like the game eidos could sure do with your business.

Please berate me if I'm mistaken, but isn't he saying that if the patches tradition doesn't continue, then he won't give the game on?

when you are a grandad, having played these games throughout your life, will you then pass on your skills to your grandchildren? when they come over for sunday lunch, will you teach them how to play?

ithink itd be great fun!

yes i would:thup:

You'll most likely have a chip in your head linked directly to your optical nerves and have the internet available directly to your visual cortex of the brain at just the mere thought of it. Any information would be totally accessible from anywhere, and you'd control the computer using your thoughts.

I am 33, I have been playing since the first ever version of Championship Manager on the Amiga.I have two sons of 8 and 4, I still play at least 2 hours a night and I don't intend on stopping ever to be fair hehe. So yes I am sure at some point assuming that I become a Grandad I will pass the skills on hehe.

Archived