How does Value work on FM?

Playing in Portugal... not the richest league in the World.

I can buy players from Brazil and Argentina, Portugal, Holland etc. for a fraction of the price I'd buy a similar player from Spain, Italy or England, (even France, Germany, Italy?)

If you're not winning the league and the champs league I wouldn't be expecting a high value for this player.

His contract has a lot to do with this. He is on a relatively low wage with 2 years remaining, so he isn't too highly valued. If he were on £50k per week for another 4 years then his value would be significantly higher.

The point about winning the league and the champs league and Montengro doing well internationally, is that his reputation could be quite low. So nobody would be willing to pay more than 2.5m for a player with a national reputation, but a higher reputation player could demand a higher transfer fee.

I seem to remember buying him for Man City a few months ago in 10.2. About £11million plus sell ons.

This is what i am talking about, there is a huge difference in what a players value is and what you can buy them for. Players in major leagues playing for a team in the champions league will have a higher value than those in the smaller leagues.

Its only the same as Aguero having a value of 20 odd mil but you have to pay 40-50 mil to get him.

I may be wrong but iirc on an old cm game 96/97 or 97/98 you just paid what the value was e.g. Aguero would have a value og 40 mil and if you bid that it got accepted.

He did well for me in 2009 as well. Not sure I'd buy him now though. His physical and mental stats (composure, decisions, teamwork) are pretty poor. he's too slow for a wing and can't tackle well enough for a cm. Long shots 20 might have been useful in other versions but not here unless you playing in a low division. He'd have to do a lot from set pieces to make up for how little he does in open play.

He did well for me in 2009 as well. Not sure I'd buy him now though. His physical and mental stats (composure, decisions, teamwork) are pretty poor. he's too slow for a wing and can't tackle well enough for a cm. Long shots 20 might have been useful in other versions but not here unless you playing in a low division. He'd have to do a lot from set pieces to make up for how little he does in open play.

He's creative, though, and could be put on the left as an advanced playmaker rather than a winger; not the best player I've ever seen, but you could make him work.

I'd bet part of why he's so cheap is because he's not really playing for Sporting this year (ten appearances in the league and we're already into March).

Archived