young player wages ridiculous

i want to sign this 21 year old english left back, he has true amazing stats, 2 england caps,

madrid want him, OM want him, I want him. he will cost 14.5 mil

his wages, are currently 21000 at pompey. for me to sign him, he wants 96000 a week.

and also an apprearence fee of about 9k per match, so he gonna get in excess of 100,000 per week.

i am certain these appearance fees are unrealistic as well as goal fees.

But this is just a game, so i should sign him to make my team more better.

and i got a promising player that has come through the youth system waiting in the wings of enrique.

But do i really need him? i won the CL and also jusst won the world club championship.

He might ask for so much money because he's already an England international (huge factor) and Madrid also interested in him (important factor), personality maybe he's very ambitious. Players who are wanted by many clubs tend to pick the biggest offer unless he has personal attachments.

If he is that amazing think about it first do you need a new left back? can you afford him?

Try doing business offer him what he wants if he accepts then try to offload him for 25+ millions

Not that unrealistic tbh, player wages are getting rediculous at some clubs in real life, and a youngster who is wanted by Real Madrid will know that he can command a decent wage. It might be that he'll happily play for Real for reasonable money, but want's a lot of money to be tempted to play for you.

This is currently how teams like Man City are lookign to attract top players in real life.

I made a bid as York City in the Premiership for some promising english right back (19 years old) at Leyton Orient in League 2 of £200,000.

Bid was accepted, discuss terms with the player and he wants £10,000 a week and demands to be a Key Player! bearing in mind this kid has played about 5 games in his entire professional football career and is on currently £250 a week at his current club! Pfftt. Needless to say I cancelled the deal.

He might ask for so much money because he's already an England international (huge factor) and Madrid also interested in him (important factor), personality maybe he's very ambitious. Players who are wanted by many clubs tend to pick the biggest offer unless he has personal attachments.

If he is that amazing think about it first do you need a new left back? can you afford him?

Try doing business offer him what he wants if he accepts then try to offload him for 25+ millions

i dont need a new left back, but his stats are just about better than my next up and coming left back. i can afford him easily,

On the second note, i have never ever managed to sell a player over 3 times the amount of what i brought him for. I find this a bug in the game!!

When i buy players, i have to pay 3 times the price, when i sell, i only can sell like not even double the price of a players value, or even sell them at all

i dont need a new left back, but his stats are just about better than my next up and coming left back. i can afford him easily,

On the second note, i have never ever managed to sell a player over 3 times the amount of what i brought him for. I find this a bug in the game!!

When i buy players, i have to pay 3 times the price, when i sell, i only can sell like not even double the price of a players value, or even sell them at all

Then i guess you're not doing good business, a player i signed 5 seasons ago cost 6m and now he's valued at 26m with a few teams chasing him and he's said he wants a new challenge so i'm going to sell him soon for a killing.

Another player i signed two seasons ago cost me 1.4m and i sold him recently for 4m.

Real Madrid never sell their players for 3x value either. If your transfer strategy revolves around throwing in big money for big name players who lots of clubs are chasing, then you don't have much leverage in transfer negotiations, and you'll get fleeced.

Plus, I bet when you're buying, you try to buy players that the other club doesn't want to sell, and when you sell, you are selling by choice, not because the AI is in eager pursuit of your players: if you buy unhappy or transfer-listed players, and only sell when a club comes in for a player they really need (not one you've offered out to clubs) then you'd see a big difference.

Real Madrid never sell their players for 3x value either. If your transfer strategy revolves around throwing in big money for big name players who lots of clubs are chasing, then you don't have much leverage in transfer negotiations, and you'll get fleeced.

Plus, I bet when you're buying, you try to buy players that the other club doesn't want to sell, and when you sell, you are selling by choice, not because the AI is in eager pursuit of your players: if you buy unhappy or transfer-listed players, and only sell when a club comes in for a player they really need (not one you've offered out to clubs) then you'd see a big difference.

you would lose your bet. i only had this player shortlisted. and teams started to bid.

the game is flawed. during transfer window, i won bids of 14.5 mill to get him, then when i was about to sign him, i delayed the transfer at two occasions, and then the whole transfer was put off. on the third attempt teams tried to sign him, portsmouth accepted 4.3 million, and he asked for 51000 instead of 90000. he went to chelsea in the end having 70000 wages. so i lost out really. but then again, i didnt really need him and was reluctant to give into a 21 year old demands of inflated wages.

yes some wage demands are inflated but thats not unrealistic in this day and age, if I think the player is good enough and its within budget I'll pay over the odds wages but if I don't think they're worth it or its going to cripple the finances I leave alone.

It is often quite hard to sell on players for as much as you buy them simply because of market demand. When you are buying, you are trying to take something off someone who doesn't want to sell, hence pay more than when you are trying to move a player on so clubs know you want to sell.

The times I have managed to sell players for 3 or more times their worth is when big clubs have come in for them, not when I am looking to sell.

My best deal was Yoann Gourcuff. Signed on a free after he failed to agree a contract extension in Bordeaux(?) he was promptly sold for 65m half a season later when I made a ridiculous demand to Real Madrid who came in for him. I was pretty darn happy with that deal :p.

• Administrators

This isn't that unrealistic, it shows said players would find it a wrench to leave the club they are at, and if you're willing to pay a decent fee for him, why not a decent wage?

Would it be realistic if all the best young players could be signed dirt cheap so you'd soon have a monopoly of all the best young players in the game?

I've had the same happen to me really. Bid on a youngster in the Austrian league I think it was. I had a lot of money saved up at the time and could easily afford his £80,000 a week, but he would need several years of development in order to secure a spot in my side so I just cancelled and maybe I'll pick him up when he's actually worth that kind of salary.

It seems like the players know if you've got money to spend (which isn't totally out of order I guess, most people today have an opinion about which clubs are rich and which aren't) so they will try to squeeze the most out of you. I don't find this very unrealistic, quite the contrary actually - it's how the world works today in my mind.

I've made good deals in the transfer market and I've made bad deals. Bit of this bit of that :) I find the transfer system works quite well actually...

Archived