Playing against 12 Men!!!

Hey Guys,

Just coming on here to have a bit of a rant since my missus still doesn't care about FM (despite several attempts to convert her).

Playing as Liverpool in 2023 and am unbeaten after 22 games and having a very good top of the table challenge with Portsmouth (also unbeaten). Playing Birmingham away, now Birmingham have become a decent mid-high table club with a few of my ex juniors in their squad.

Since my next game is against win-less Crystal Palace I decide to play my full strength team against Birmingham.

First half Jarvis (a Welsh DM regen) scores a great goal and we are 1-nil up, second half, my DC Charvis (Mexican regen) brings down the Birmingham striker about 25 meters out from goal, not last man, and neither is the striker, it was a hard tackle from the side, and worth a free kick, but no, Charvis gets an automatic red card for it!!! Birmingham score 5 minutes later (against my Australian regen keeper who has only conceived 5 goals this season!) now the commentary even says that the red was an overeaction, and that Birmingham goal was offside (the footage prooves it too)

What follows are 15! fouls against us, none of them any serious, so my RB (a Spanish regen) makes a decent tackle in the 90th minute, and guess what? That's right, straight red!! Again the commentary says it was over the top. A couple of minutes later (Birmingham are given 7 minutes of ET) they score ANOTHER OFFSIDE GOAL!!!

I don't normally complain when I loose a game if I'm honestly outplayed, but the calls in this game were just ridiculous!

Part of me considered re-loading, but I play with 2 managers and my other manager whose been having a horrid time of it in the A-League finally won a game, so I just saved the file, closed the game and hoped on here to whine!!

The thing is, as angry as I am with FM, if I didn't have some work to do I'd be back on it by now!

OK rant over, time to make another cup of coffee and actually 'work-from-home' like I told my staff I was!!

You should be congratulating SI that FM can recreate that top manager feeling that you are always hard done by.

But honestly, you won 22 games on the trot and you feel the need to rant over one game that didn't go your way? You have to take the rough with the smooth.

You should be congratulating SI that FM can recreate that top manager feeling that you are always hard done by.

But honestly, you won 22 games on the trot and you feel the need to rant over one game that didn't go your way? You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Gotta agree with this. You're in 2023 and this is the first rant? Come one - in 14 years every team has been hard done by. How would you feel if you were Chelsea in European competition these past few years?

time to make another cup of coffee and actually 'work-from-home' like I told my staff I was!!

You deserve everything you got. That'll teach you. :p

Seriously though, nothing wrong with needing to have a moan to get it off your chest when things don;t go your way. But victory in the end wouldn't taste as sweet if not for matches like these.

You deserve everything you got. That'll teach you. :p

Seriously though, nothing wrong with needing to have a moan to get it off your chest when things don;t go your way. But victory in the end wouldn't taste as sweet if not for matches like these.

Too right, people would complain its too easy......

After 22 games you're bound to lose one eventually.

Red cards are part and parcel, sometimes refs can be biased in real life, so too in the game. Sometimes they make mistakes, just like in real life.

It might have been viewed as a hard tackle from the side, but perhaps it was a violent conduct, stamp/punch/kick out on the ground or something? Did you view the match report or even view why the red card was awarded?

remember liverpool playing fulham, and gerrard knocked brown to the ground with an elbow to the back of the head? He got away with it, but barely.

Sometimes good players get frustrated. Just like in the game and in real life.

remember liverpool playing fulham, and gerrard knocked brown to the ground with an elbow to the back of the head? He got away with it, but barely.

I'm bored of this thing. Check the slo-mo: Brown checks over his shoulder, sees Gerrard coming past him, puts his arm up across Gerrard's chest with the hand up to Gerrard's face to block off his run. Gerrard raises his arm over Brown's (which is already lifted) to push him out of the way and his forearm, not elbow, hits Brown's head. Brown rolls on the ground like a big girl's blouse. The end. Referee saw it, had a word, no booking. Cue media nonsense.

Gerrard elbowed him in the back of the head. Accidental or not, it still happened, I don't care how it happened. A different ref on a different day with different weather and with the Moon aligned with Jupiter and Saturn might have viewed it differently and sent him off for violent conduct.

That's the point.

And a different ref might have sent off Brown for raising his arm first - with the elbow pointing at Gerrard, whereas his was forearm. Of course, what Gerrard should have done like most of the PL players, is gone down rolling around clutching his face to get Brown sent off.

And a different ref might have sent off Brown for raising his arm first - with the elbow pointing at Gerrard, whereas his was forearm. Of course, what Gerrard should have done like most of the PL players, is gone down rolling around clutching his face to get Brown sent off.

Perhaps, who knows.

look at Caldwell the other night for Wigan v Man City. Got sent off for a "two footed" tackle when he clearly went in with one foot. Yes it was hard, but fair. Tevez however was the one that jumped up and them came back down in a stamp like fashion with his feet together.

Another ref on another day may well have sent Tevez off.

You think those red cards are frustrating? Try playing FIFA. Whenever I slide tackle an opposing striker I have a 50% chance of it resulting in a red. It's so annoying!

I wasn't upset that I lost the game, it does happen, it was more watching the referee just start loving the Blues! THe first 45 was fairly even but the last 45 was a we hate Liverpool time!!

I agree, there are times when calls do go my way and I never complain about that. In fact I played a game this morning against Reading in the League Cup, put in my youth team and was totally outplayed, they got about 12 shots on goal to my 2, and I won 2-nil! There are both good and bad, I just needed a safe place to vent, my neighbours are christians so don't like to hearing my swearing, and i've already had to spend a $100 on a new PS3 remote becuase I just dropped it on the floor after loosing in Madden and broke that!!

Maybe the missus is right, maybe I do have a anger management problem....hmmm, nah, it's all good!!

You think those red cards are frustrating? Try playing FIFA. Whenever I slide tackle an opposing striker I have a 50% chance of it resulting in a red. It's so annoying!

Very true!! Started a new season the other week, 7 games in: 5 red cards. then again, maybe it's just me, I did hurt 3 Evertonians too!! HA!

Archived