Pre determined outcome - does it matter what I do?

Ok, so I sit here and play some on my barca save, and I manage to pull through to the final (not the greatest feat with Barca - I know - but that's beside the point here). I see this in my inbox:

BarcaCL1.jpg

Wait a second? I just checked the history of this tournament, and it clearly said that R. Madrid had won it just 10 times before...? So I go into the history and see this:

BarcaCL2.jpg

Ok...? Do I even stand a chance here...? It seems like the game already has made up its mind about who will win and not...

I thought it might be a bug, and that I still would stand a chance but lo-and-behold! My star players play to an amazing 5.4 rating and miss several one-on-one chances. My team seems powerless to resist Real and no mater what I do, nothing seems to influence this. Subbing players or changing to a more attacking style only got me a few balls into the woodwork. The match ended, sadly and dissapointingly, 0-1 in my disfavour.

Did the ME just "give itself away" here? Is it this much predetermined (I knew that it's somewhat predetermined in a way, but that it's possible to influence it) so that it's really determined in advance? If so that's a bit of a downer....:confused:

Matches are definitely not predetermined. They probably just have a cracking team.

Yeah I'm definitively not arguing that they don't possess a team which is capable of beating mine - because they do.

I just found it peculiar, and a tad amusing in fact, that while they had 10 previous successes in the tournament, the inbox message I received already preached of their 11th and upcoming victory. Nothing more :)

no one can say 100% that this game isnt scripted sometimes, i just played a game 3 times in a row to see this and i drew it 1-1 trhee times in a row, which the outcome the exact same, they score a wonder goal right away i destroy them for 60 mins i finally get the equalizer then they try and tatack again and the rest of chances i see are either over the bar or keeper saves it, who played amazing all 3 games by the way.

now if this game is totally by chance then surely results would be totally different most games with different scorers etc, and i doubt i keeper could play a blinder 3 games in a row by sheer chance....hes obvisley been scripted to play amazing against me to get them a draw, and to be honest if i dont draw this game then the league is over for barca cause am 11 points ahead, who saids the ai isnt trying to make it a challenge.

no one can say 100% that this game isnt scripted sometimes, i just played a game 3 times in a row to see this and i drew it 1-1 trhee times in a row, which the outcome the exact same, they score a wonder goal right away i destroy them for 60 mins i finally get the equalizer then they try and tatack again and the rest of chances i see are either over the bar or keeper saves it, who played amazing all 3 games by the way.

now if this game is totally by chance then surely results would be totally different most games with different scorers etc, and i doubt i keeper could play a blinder 3 games in a row by sheer chance....hes obvisley been scripted to play amazing against me to get them a draw, and to be honest if i dont draw this game then the league is over for barca cause am 11 points ahead, who saids the ai isnt trying to make it a challenge.

If you are playing the exact same way all 3 times than i would argue that the same result all 3 times is a fairly accurate outcome.

Also if you have saved it after you have done all the things that affect confidence, like press conferences and so on, before a game then your players will most likely play to a very similar level in all 3 games.

Firstly, why would you think the game should be 'totally by chance'? If that was the case then what would be the point of tactics, players, training, team talks etc etc.

This situation all depends on when you saved the game. If it was directly before the match and you then used the same tactics, players, team talk etc each time then this is not that strange. Everything is set the same and similar occurances will happen. I'd suggest that the way you've set up your tactics have allowed the keeper to play amazing each time (this could be down to any number of reason, not least the amount of long shots he has to save).

Archived