Music in FM??

Hmm....sorry if this has already been discussed.

Wondering if it was possible to set up music in FM? ie like Pro Evo, FIFA etc, they will have different music for different parts of the game.

Now in-game music is often terrible, but I imagine a lot of people would enjoy having some of their favourite music playing to gee themselves up for a big cup final etc, and could play during all the team talks/pre match stuff. (ie you could choose the music from your existing mp3 collection)

Or imagine the Match of the Day theme tune! Genius.

Don't flame with stupid, pointless comments. If you think it's a bad idea, fair enough, write it constructively. I'm just curious as to whether it would be possible.

Hmm....sorry if this has already been discussed.

Wondering if it was possible to set up music in FM? ie like Pro Evo, FIFA etc, they will have different music for different parts of the game.

Now in-game music is often terrible, but I imagine a lot of people would enjoy having some of their favourite music playing to gee themselves up for a big cup final etc, and could play during all the team talks/pre match stuff. (ie you could choose the music from your existing mp3 collection)

Don't flame with stupid, pointless comments. If you think it's a bad idea, fair enough, write it constructively. I'm just curious as to whether it would be possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 19 February 2008 10:38 Hmm....sorry if this has already been discussed.

Don't flame with stupid, pointless comments. If you think it's a bad idea, fair enough, write it constructively. I'm just curious as to whether it would be possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a great addition to the game, maybe some more time spend on the stadium sounds etc!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

Annoyingly gimmicky, why not just have some mp3s playing through whatever usic software you have, or the radio! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took the words right out of my mouth. Terrible idea!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

Annoyingly gimmicky, why not just have some mp3s playing through whatever usic software you have, or the radio! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took the words right out of my mouth. Terrible idea!

stumostro -

The entire point would be so you didn't HAVE to go to your mp3 player and set it up. It would still be your music, just you'd have playlists set up for each area of the game. Would be far better than having to tab out of the game constantly to change song. Far easier.

A lot of people play Full Screen as well so couldn't do what you're suggesting.

Obviously it would be optional, as game sounds are now. I always find it bizarre when people are not in support of an OPTIONAL feature that they can turn on and off with a click of the mouse. Implemented properly this would be excellent and save a lot of fuss.

This has been implemented into many games, for example I will always play Gears of War with appropriate moody music and it just makes the game 10 times better.

I love my music, and listen to it all the time while playing FM. But I wouldn't dream of setting it up within the game. My amplifier is hooked up to both my computer and my ipod, so ipod wins every time.

If you want the same track(s) appearing everytime you go to your team talk screen, then fair enough.

So thats what I mean by a "good idea for people who don't like music"

I'd rather keep my music fresh! It's important...Mmhmm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

I'd listen to TalkSport if it wasn't for the casual racism and general jingoistic attitude.

Sort of place where they value 'passion' in England players above actual technique. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sound like a hard man to please icon_smile.gif

Well sure if every optional feature was....yes....but this is just the one and I think if implemented correctly, it would be used by a large number of players.

Already talked about it with around 6-7 FM players, all of whom say it would save a lot of bother, 2 of them find often that FM crashes when they need to tab out to change music.

It is being implemented into more and more games nowadays successfully, give it about 3 years it'll be in FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

Haha because I'm not racist?

No I just find the Djs on TalkSport have the attitude of that nationalist bloke in the pub who has no idea what he's talking about, and just spouts out-of-date rhetoric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no mate, i hate racism.

i find it a good laugh, i was born in croatia and it makes me laugh how media in this country expect england to be best at every sport. one minute they gun down they players next minute they are kings.

Obviously it would be optional, as game sounds are now. I always find it bizarre when people are not in support of an OPTIONAL feature that they can turn on and off with a click of the mouse. Implemented properly this would be excellent and save a lot of fuss.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But just like the confidence and other issues, it can cause bugs and problems, what is the point in risking that just so a few people can listen to music through the game.

Set up a playlist on winamp or whatever you use, listen to the radio (6 musics always a good option), put on a CD or whatever, just don't suggest unecessary features which could add additional bugs to the game!

eXistenZ - As mentioned above, I have a few friends who say doing so can cause the game to crash, and obviously this way you would not need to leave the game, so it would be easier.

stumostro - Fair points, still the music would not be moment specific and thus nowhere near as effective.

But I take your point as I am someone to be hit by the confidence bug and has put a dampener on my recent game.

eXistenZ - As mentioned above, I have a few friends who say doing so can cause the game to crash, and obviously this way you would not need to leave the game, so it would be easier.

stumostro - Fair points, still the music would not be moment specific and thus nowhere near as effective.

But I take your point as I am someone to be hit by the confidence bug and has put a dampener on my recent game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only time i've enjoyed the way music is added to a game is GTA where you can listen to whatever you want whilst driving around. On things like FIFA i don't see the point in listening to 15 seconds of a Bloc Party song or Song 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

Just play sometinh in real-player while the game is running, and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE when you want to change the song. i do it all the time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you mean Alt+Tab

stumostro -

The entire point would be so you didn't HAVE to go to your mp3 player and set it up. It would still be your music, just you'd have playlists set up for each area of the game. Would be far better than having to tab out of the game constantly to change song. Far easier.

A lot of people play Full Screen as well so couldn't do what you're suggesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full screen doesn't stop you from setting your player to Always on Top - it can then be moved to an area of screen that isn't used for clicking on - so you can still play full screen and listen to music. I don't see the problem here.

Oz & Wazzerphuk - Good points.

stumostro - I don't see the point in playing FIFA at all, when we live in a free world where Pro Evo is available. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well ok yeah, fair point, was the first example that popped in my head, not a fan of it either.

Archived