Tactics are working for me in reverse of normal logic

When I'm on the road I almost always have to keep the team on overload and pushing the ball forward or the other team dominates. When I have a lead it's the same thing. At home, I can play on standard until one of the teams scores (hopefully mine) - then it's time for overload again. Anyone else finding similar results?

Sometimes attack is the best form of defence. Sometimes. You'll get battered one day.

I've allowed 7 goals in 21 games with my League 1 Dartford side - and my team is good but not THAT good. I avoid starting on overload at home because I did get countered to death one time by a fast striker (with another team).

I win loads of games on Standard/Control, playing possession football, by scores like 4-0, 3-0, 2-0, 2-1, etc...No senior player is hurt right now, though I did have a bit of a crisis at the end of last season, when my first and second choice leftbacks went down during a stretch that saw seven matches played in 16 days. We still won EURO, FACup, and the Prem (by GD on the last day).

So, no. My experience is not like yours.

I've been on the attack since rising to the premiership with Leeds. And I have to say, Defensive style did nothing for me. I got whipped 3 games in a row. Since then I've gone on the attack. My 3rd season in the Prem and I'm top of the league.

Admittedly I have better players now. But the attack style got me to the Uefa cup the first season, the Champs league the 2nd season and the Top of the League/League Cup final/FA Cup Quarter Final/Champs League last 8... all in 3 seasons.

Can't complain.

I've been on the attack since rising to the premiership with Leeds. And I have to say, Defensive style did nothing for me. I got whipped 3 games in a row. Since then I've gone on the attack. My 3rd season in the Prem and I'm top of the league.

Admittedly I have better players now. But the attack style got me to the Uefa cup the first season, the Champs league the 2nd season and the Top of the League/League Cup final/FA Cup Quarter Final/Champs League last 8... all in 3 seasons.

Can't complain.

yeah but you holiday the games

That's a stupid thing to say.

I've played many games of FM10 and this is a new one. I haven't holidayed a game since I started this game and I'm about 7 seasons in.

I do play the game properly sometimes. The only time I really holidayed when I was in FM09 and I holidayed through a few seasons to see when I'd retire. I wasn't really playing that game any more, and I was about 60 in the game, so I played over 30 seasons without holidaying or something. And when I didn't retire at the age of 75 having played the odd season on and off until I reached 100.

So there.

(and really has nothing to do with anything being talked about here ... holiday is a function in the game, you can do it if you want)

That's a stupid thing to say.

I've played many games of FM10 and this is a new one. I haven't holidayed a game since I started this game and I'm about 7 seasons in.

I do play the game properly sometimes. The only time I really holidayed when I was in FM09 and I holidayed through a few seasons to see when I'd retire. I wasn't really playing that game any more, and I was about 60 in the game, so I played over 30 seasons without holidaying or something. And when I didn't retire at the age of 75 having played the odd season on and off until I reached 100.

So there.

(and really has nothing to do with anything being talked about here ... holiday is a function in the game, you can do it if you want)

yeah but you said you holidayed it

So what? It's neither here nor there? If it angers you I'll happily tell you sometimes I set to go on holiday until the champions league match. I still win the league. So my Managing style may be unorthodox, but I still win, so what does it matter.

Can we get off the subject of holidaying/me holidaying/reasons why I do it, please. It's not pertinent to the thread at all.

If you wish you can PM and we discuss the merits of it, but I probably won't reply.

Just wondering, do your players tire very quickly? Playing on Overload for most of a match would involve high pressing and hard tackling[/quote

They'll tire a little - especially players with lower stamina. Just finished a game and most of my players are above 75% - 1 of them is 72%, and 2 are 69%.

Dartford in League 1? Damn, thats not bad. Any screenies?

Thanks for compliment. Just got promotion to the Championship (I was 50-1 at the start of the season). What would you like to see? I know this has been answered a million times - but how do you post screenies?

Attack is definately the best form of defence (for me anyway).

I've taken York City from the Blue Square Premier to the Premiership in 6 years without spending a single penny, just attack attack attack!.

Its working in the first season in the Premiership too, currently 4th after 22 games. I've beaten Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea along the way too.

Admittedly I did get hammered at Old Trafford 4-1 but Rooney was on fire.

Attack is definately the best form of defence (for me anyway).

I've taken York City from the Blue Square Premier to the Premiership in 6 years without spending a single penny, just attack attack attack!.

Its working in the first season in the Premiership too, currently 4th after 22 games. I've beaten Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea along the way too.

Admittedly I did get hammered at Old Trafford 4-1 but Rooney was on fire.

Basically, I'm over-attacking whenever I think the AI manager will be attacking - trying to out-attack the AI instead of sitting back and watching your team get dominated. It seems to work most of the time.

Thanks for compliment. Just got promotion to the Championship (I was 50-1 at the start of the season). What would you like to see? I know this has been answered a million times - but how do you post screenies?

Current Team? Previous league tables? Transfers?

Thanks!

Archived