Fictional Players in FM 2008

I want to start a fictional game to freshen the experience and not know immediately who to pursue. If I remember correctly, in 07, the current teams squad players would be loosely modeled rather than having a completely fictional roster.

Does anyone know if its the same in 08?

Obviously. But in 07 your fictional players where pretty much the same as your regular real players. I was wondering if the fictional players in 08 are completely random and fictional in this version.

• SI Staff

It makes sense for the players to be loosely based on the ones currently there, especially in terms of ability otherwise you will end up with a lot of unbalanced teams in the same division if it was completely random.

I guess what I would like to see is a league talent norm and have all the teams in that league have more or less the same talent with nothing else changed. That way it might be possible to create an exciting and dynamic footballing world that would be almost impossible using real players and the vast disparity in talent within leagues. My :2cents: at least.

Generally, things stay almost exactly the same as they would with a normal game, but there are occasionally some differences. I've seen some players get regenerated with similar talent levels, but at vastly different ages (this tends to be true of older players). In FM07, I remember Puyol transforming into a 22-year old with better attributes than he has at the outset of the game, and I remember once on CM 03/04, a random start led to Fabian Barthez morphing into an 18-year old phenom for Man Utd. So you can have interesting experiences with a random start, but by and large, the amount of similarities between fictional players and real players makes it a little less "random" than it could be.

Guest arrogantio

I remember having "Rubbish Ronaldo" unable to get starts for Man Utd or his home country of England in FM07. Definitely the same player judged on PPMs and distribution of attributes. I had Giggs on the England left wing though icon_smile.gif

Archived