Takeover causing unrealistic actions?

Just posted this in the West Ham thread but wider audience here so, I'll ask here. 10.3

Hmmm i think a takeover has just caused a bug in my game. I haven't done too badly with West Ham, fifth first season missing out on CL on goal difference, 10th second season, and 6th third. Then the club announce I have a transfer embargo due to impending takeover.

In come Ralph Gold with a takeover, investing £75m into the club and the training and youth facilities. So I go to take a look at who I can buy, ask assistant to rule out unrealistic and nearly everybody is interested. I scout Wayne Rooney just to check this is right, and my scout says he is extremely interested to join West Ham. Messi? Yeah. Torres, Mascherano, Villa and so forth. Nobody has has been interested for three years. There's a few who still aren't interested, namely from looking the Real Madrid stars like Ronaldo and Kaka so don't think it's a filter bug as such, just crazy unrealistic.

Not quite sure what's gone on here.

Just posted this in the West Ham thread but wider audience here so, I'll ask here. 10.3

Hmmm i think a takeover has just caused a bug in my game. I haven't done too badly with West Ham, fifth first season missing out on CL on goal difference, 10th second season, and 6th third. Then the club announce I have a transfer embargo due to impending takeover.

In come Ralph Gold with a takeover, investing £75m into the club and the training and youth facilities. So I go to take a look at who I can buy, ask assistant to rule out unrealistic and nearly everybody is interested. I scout Wayne Rooney just to check this is right, and my scout says he is extremely interested to join West Ham. Messi? Yeah. Torres, Mascherano, Villa and so forth. Nobody has has been interested for three years. There's a few who still aren't interested, namely from looking the Real Madrid stars like Ronaldo and Kaka so don't think it's a filter bug as such, just crazy unrealistic.

Not quite sure what's gone on here.

Money talks......(at a guess)

Who would have thought Robinho, Adebayor and Toure would sign for Man City

Whilst I agree with you because players such as Torres, Kaka, Mascherano and Villa have shown that they don't care about money which is implemented badly in the game in my opinion, it's obvious these players can see that you're rolling in it.

It's a bit like City. Would Viera have signed for City if they hadn't offered him a disgusting amount of money and bonuses or would he have stayed at Inter to roll in Italian money?

Money talks and whilst you're right that it's unrealistic. It's Football manager.

When a Tycoon takes over everybody wants to join you because you have the money to buy good players and therefore win competitions ..

You should also see that you have more expectations and also a lot better title odds, probably one of the top3, It's the same as City IRL, most players would join them because they have a chance of buying anyone and build a good team, although I feel that there is missing a loyalty stat because there is very little chance that Rooney is moving away from United cause of money because he seems to have a heart for the club and love ..

I wouldn't say top players wanting to sign for West Ham is that unrealistic if they have a massive amount of money. Big club, big history.

But Rooney, Messi etc signing for Dundee Utd is ridiculous.

When a Tycoon takes over everybody wants to join you because you have the money to buy good players and therefore win competitions ..

You should also see that you have more expectations and also a lot better title odds, probably one of the top3, It's the same as City IRL, most players would join them because they have a chance of buying anyone and build a good team, although I feel that there is missing a loyalty stat because there is very little chance that Rooney is moving away from United cause of money because he seems to have a heart for the club and love ..

Yeah, Rooney's loyal alright...just how many pieces of silver does he get more than he would at the team that developed him, nurtured him and gave him a chance?

With all due respect to everybody, yeah West Ham are an okay club. I'm not even in the Champions League though remember, City haven't managed to get many "top drawer" players. Tevez maybe, he was settled in Manchester though. Adebayor is a greedy arse, and wasn't perticularly good last year. Robinho is also greedy, I know some players are. Mainly players taking the stepping stone to Europe (in a year or two) like Lescott, Bridge, Given, Santa Cruz make the base of the team though.

I've gone from literally attracting nobody to nearly every star in the World. I'm not saying certain stars would not be interested, but Iniesta, Torres, Messi, Chiellini, Pato, Alves, Ibrahimovic, Maicon, David Silva, Villa, Ramos, Ribery. These are some of the higher names now you can't tell me they're all just greedy. Most wouldn't even contemplate playing without CL.

Yeah, Rooney's loyal alright...just how many pieces of silver does he get more than he would at the team that developed him, nurtured him and gave him a chance?

Yeah sure but I think Moyes wanted him (and Lescott) to go. He just plays up to the media to increase the amount they go for. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Rodwell.

I would be quite happy with that...

Yeah but just don't think it's realistic. Okay maybe certain types would have their head turned fair play. I try to play realistic though, I don't sign all these unknown players who take the Prem by storm and I won't sign players I don't think would be interested. Besides, my meagre pre arranged £15m won't stretch far, they won't give further funds so it's a case of taking 48 month deals on a couple of them.

Its crazy.

In my game Dundee Utd and Hamilton had billionaire takeovers.

Dundee Utd romped the SPL with Messi, Rooney a team full of stars.

Its a joke

It's not a joke. like someone before you said money talks... If a billionare bought a SPL team, any SPL team the buzz would be high and people real curious about the new situation.. I think this is a great feature of FM, a little money goes a long way.

It's not a joke. like someone before you said money talks... If a billionare bought a SPL team, any SPL team the buzz would be high and people real curious about the new situation.. I think this is a great feature of FM, a little money goes a long way.

You actually think any player that is widely recognised on the world scene would want to play in the SPL? I've never heard anything like it. At least City have the fact that England is rated by many as the top league in the World, definitely top two along with Spain. Some players do actually enjoy the competition, being recognised for their efforts against similar World class players.

Yeah but just don't think it's realistic. Okay maybe certain types would have their head turned fair play. I try to play realistic though, I don't sign all these unknown players who take the Prem by storm and I won't sign players I don't think would be interested. Besides, my meagre pre arranged £15m won't stretch far, they won't give further funds so it's a case of taking 48 month deals on a couple of them.

how would the finances survive anyway. He'd have to plow in masses of cash every month or 2.

You actually think any player that is widely recognised on the world scene would want to play in the SPL? I've never heard anything like it. At least City have the fact that England is rated by many as the top league in the World, definitely top two along with Spain. Some players do actually enjoy the competition, being recognised for their efforts against similar World class players.

Times change... Thats why is so good. Very realistic. I think the biggest thing is money.. If you get paid enough you'd play anywhere.

how would the finances survive anyway. He'd have to plow in masses of cash every month or 2.

No, he's just give me £85m budget now, after I already spent an initial £25m on Consigli and Ozil combined. Thing is when you get a sugar daddy, as I found out last time I took over a club that had one, they just pump money in ala City. If things are bad they just throw £50m in. Thing is there's only really City and Chelsea where it's happened as such in England. I know rich people have took over and invested.. Sunderland/Villa/Pompey but to just wipe out millions of pounds worth of debt is rare in real life, yet this is second time in 4 career(ish) games I have seen this.

Archived