Penalties - Does the game try to mirror Real Madrid's aim ?

Just had a match where my normal penalty taker didn't play due to injury (now wishes he had played).

In the last 15 minutes of the match, we were awarded 4 penalties. And amazingly, every penalty was taken by a different player. So in an 8-1 win i had 7 different people on the scoresheet (a guy on 2 goals was subbed at HT).

Now i know that on CM4 at least, if the regular taker was absent and no one else was specified, the AI chose the best taker for very penalty.

But here on FM 2010 it seems that the AI deliberately chose players who had not previously scored in the game to take them, so that just like irl with Real Madrid, as many different people as possible can get on the scoresheet/score during the season.

Is this meant to be the case if no specified taker is listed ? or is it a bug ?

Yeah, you can list more yourself. Seems interesting the AI would do that though. I guess it's something they have added along with "A player on 2 goals will take a pen for a hat-trick" thing.

Yeah, gave me that impression since there were already more and more on the pitch all the time with a goal each and it would give the pen to those who hadn't yet scored. Nice touch :thup:

Archived