The Tactic Thread

Any decent tactics that players find should all go in one big thread IMO. So if you guys want, post all your tactics here to help people like me, who suck! icon_smile.gif

Anyway,, personally, i have a really stupid problem. Consistency. I just can get my players to perform consistently. I'm impatient and havent managed to get through a season yet. So does consistency come eventually, or are my tactics/player selections at fault???

Any decent tactics that players find should all go in one big thread IMO. So if you guys want, post all your tactics here to help people like me, who suck! icon_smile.gif

Anyway,, personally, i have a really stupid problem. Consistency. I just can get my players to perform consistently. I'm impatient and havent managed to get through a season yet. So does consistency come eventually, or are my tactics/player selections at fault???

Ok, well, i use Barney7's 3-5-2 tactic.

I'm Spurs and 10 games into the season im 3rd, having won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 to Aston Villa. I beat Arsenal away 0-1 in the 80th minute.

The problem is that im struggling to score. I've even edited my team. Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Zokora, Huddlestone, Jenas (out for 7 months), Lennon, Malbranque, Defoe, Keane Berbatov, Jamie O'Hara and Lee Barnard who's new name is Gazza, lol

Here's how their set up::

-------------------Robbo--------------

------Dawson-------King--------Curtis Davies----

Lennon--Malbranque--Ballack--Huddlestone-O'Hara

------------Berbatov/Defoe-----Gascoigne---

In the 10 games gone, ive scored a mere 11 goals and conceded 3. In Europe ive struggled a bit too, winning, but by the odd goal against very average sides.

I'm creating loads and loads of chances, but not putting them away. I've set my fowrads, wingers and MC's to work on their attacking aspects in Training so their shooting levels are quite high.

Can someone shed some light as to why im not doing better with such a good side and a seemingly good tactic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by *****willowlfc*****:

i recomend nigel reocoker of westham he is a class sighning at 9 million he sould sign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tactic Thread, not you should sign... thread. I just got the game so I am currently getting used to the navigation. will talk about tactics when I make a successful one lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emre_God:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by *****willowlfc*****:

i recomend nigel reocoker of westham he is a class sighning at 9 million he sould sign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tactic Thread, not you should sign... thread. I just got the game so I am currently getting used to the navigation. will talk about tactics when I make a successful one lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tactical sighning my freind

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thfc53:

Ok, well, i use Barney7's 3-5-2 tactic.

I'm Spurs and 10 games into the season im 3rd, having won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 to Aston Villa. I beat Arsenal away 0-1 in the 80th minute.

The problem is that im struggling to score. I've even edited my team. Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Zokora, Huddlestone, Jenas (out for 7 months), Lennon, Malbranque, Defoe, Keane Berbatov, Jamie O'Hara and Lee Barnard who's new name is Gazza, lol

Here's how their set up::

-------------------Robbo--------------

------Dawson-------King--------Curtis Davies----

Lennon--Malbranque--Ballack--Huddlestone-O'Hara

------------Berbatov/Defoe-----Gascoigne---

In the 10 games gone, ive scored a mere 11 goals and conceded 3. In Europe ive struggled a bit too, winning, but by the odd goal against very average sides.

I'm creating loads and loads of chances, but not putting them away. I've set my fowrads, wingers and MC's to work on their attacking aspects in Training so their shooting levels are quite high.

Can someone shed some light as to why im not doing better with such a good side and a seemingly good tactic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@thfc53 - I know what you mean.

I'm currently using barney7's 3-5-2 tactic (formerly Jambo_Dave on FMH06) and although I'm doing reasonably well, I really struggle to score goals.

I'm playing with Leicester, in my 3rd season now. In the first season I just about won the Championship with my AM scoring 18 goals in all competitions.

In the Premiership I finished 7th, but I really struggled to score goals. None of my players even scored 10 goals. On the other hand, my defence was fairly solid. I kept drawing too many games 0-0 or 1-1, and all the draws prevented me from finishing higher.

I'm in my 3rd season now - I've bought Fernando Torres and Llorente to boost my attack, but again I struggle to score more than 1 goal a game. Currently I'm 6th in the league but I'm still drawing too many games.

I'll stick with this tactic until the end of the season to see if I improve. If not, I'm going to try something different.

Beat ya to it mate, i've abandoned the 3-5-2 tactic because... well, its crap!

I now play a 4-2-4 formation. It's not really 4-2-4 although listed as so in the game, it's more of a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 wingers. It's got me more goals too. In the 3/4 of the sewason i played it, it got me 4th spot in the Prem, only because i fell apart the last 2 games. I was a serious title contender Xmas onwards. Like i said though i fell apart the last 2-3 games.

I also won the Uefa Cup which was great too. Suger Daddy means ive bought Ronaldinho, Henry, Toure, Ashley Cole and Micah Richards to iron out the wrinkles. It's goiung well into my 2nd season too.

The key to the system workin i found was pressing and playing on the counter without getting men behind the ball. Also, letting the likes of Henry up from and Ronaldinho on the left wing have free roles helps too. Oh, and only let one of your MC's make forward runs.

You must tweak your tactics a little depending on who your playing. The sort of team that beat me are the type who attack. Not sure how to conquer that!

Archived