How much is needed for a new stadium

I am playing the game with QPR. Had a good game going. Increased my stadium capacity to 19200, and for expansion start to get back the "board would never allow expansion due to lack of space" message. My question is how much do I need for a new stadium? Also does the loans have effect on balance fow new stadium? I have around 35 mil EU on bank, but have around 20 mil. EU loan.

Well it depends there were threads about this, but i'll say a stadium size 30k maybe around 70 - 100 million euros.

It's a shot in the dark but in fm 09 i saw on these forums people being awarded a new stadium saying how much will the new one cost and how much money did they get from selling the old one.

Definitely much more money then you have now in the bank.

But it's not impossible that your chairman can take another loan if he wants to build a new stadium:)

The board will get a new stadium eventually if you constantly fill out your current and continue to progress.

No point in being in the Champions League, playing Madrid expecting a massive in take through ticket prices but can only handle 20,000.

I'm still waiting for Liverpool to build a new one. We've got £140 mill sitting in the bank, although there's a 40 million loan debt we're paying off till 2027(I'm in 2023). If we sold Anfield, we'd raise at least the value of the loan debt. And I'm willing to only spend what I can raise by selling players for the next few years, as we've got a fairly young and very talented squad, with most of my older players having a youth player who will be able to step into their shoes in a few years, with a bit of look.

Whenever I ask for the stadium to be improved, they say there's no space, which is understandable, but we're a massive club, having won everything but the Champs league for the past two seasons(I took over a underperforming Liverpool side at the time). There should be an option to ask for a new stadium if you can't expand your current one. A club like Liverpool in my save should be in a 70000 seater at least.

I'm half tempted to go into FMRTE and change it, because in this situation, Liverpool would be building a new stadium, the only reason we aren't now in real life is because we can't afford it.

Well it depends there were threads about this, but i'll say a stadium size 30k maybe around 70 - 100 million euros.

It's a shot in the dark but in fm 09 i saw on these forums people being awarded a new stadium saying how much will the new one cost and how much money did they get from selling the old one.

Definitely much more money then you have now in the bank.

But it's not impossible that your chairman can take another loan if he wants to build a new stadium:)

It always depends I suppose. I'm not really sure there's a set value for stadium expansions, but generally I've seen new stadiums with a say 60,000 capacity being built for aroun £500m.

Wow that is a lot... I suppose I need more years to bank that amount of money; although, I crossed my fingers for the chairman to get a loan.

Wow that is a lot... I suppose I need more years to bank that amount of money; although, I crossed my fingers for the chairman to get a loan.

More often that not the clubs board will come up with a fund raising scheme, loans etc to pay for the stadium.

It's quite rare that someone has 500 million sitting in the bank for the board to go and shuv on a stadium development

I had a new 30,000 seater stadium built and named after me when managing Hibernian after 5 seasons. I only had a balance of about £1m at the time, but the new stadium was self-financing at a cost of around £90m. Half of the money was raised by selling the old stadium, the other half by a stadium sponsorship deal. So the new stadium was basically free!

I had a new 30,000 seater stadium built and named after me when managing Hibernian after 5 seasons. I only had a balance of about £1m at the time, but the new stadium was self-financing at a cost of around £90m. Half of the money was raised by selling the old stadium, the other half by a stadium sponsorship deal. So the new stadium was basically free!

I wish I can have the new stadium built soon. I am playing over %95 on average.

• 3 weeks later...

Be happy... My Valladolid side is stuck in a pitiful stadium, I've managed to become the 2nd richest club in the world and will likely be the richest at the end of the current season but I'm stuck in a 26,000 seat stadium because my B Team own the stadium... I mean wtf is with that?

Also, interested to know what makes Merchandise revenue? At the moment that is the driving force behind my financial powerhouse, the foundation was built on player sales but now merchandising is comfortably my biggest cash cow...

I'm having a new 74,000 stadium built; it will cost £304 million total - minus £84 million for selling the old ground and the board have taken out a £219 million loan to finance the project (repayed over 30 years).

Oddly, despite regularly playing Champions League, I had very little cash in the bank.

Depends on the chairmen and / or available money. I'm Chelsea and they refuse to build a new stadium which is understandable as I have no cash in the bank after just recently over taking as manager. The council refuse to build one as a result of lack of space so I can only hope the chairmen has the ambition to build one. You also have to take into account if they have spent money on youth facilities or upgrading the training recently.

My Merthyr board are building a new ground of 33000 for 35 million, after selling the old ground and sponsorship they took out a loan for 20 million to pay for it. Think it might cost more for london clubs though

My Chelsea board just decided to build a new one despite saying no on several occasions due to to lack of cash. £280m+ for a 53k. £80M received from the sale of the old stadium and £125m for sponsorship lol (aint got a clue what its gona get called)

I wish I knew. I've got enough for 2 100,000 seater stadiums in the bank, but the Liverpool board are being stubborn and refusing to see that we need a bigger stadium, as if I wasn't so good with transfers, and I wasn't winning everything, even with my reasonable wage expenses, we'd be losing money every year.

• 2 weeks later...
My Merthyr board are building a new ground of 33000 for 35 million, after selling the old ground and sponsorship they took out a loan for 20 million to pay for it. Think it might cost more for london clubs though

I'd killl for that, my st mirren side have won the europa cup, and won the league five times in a row, plus numerous domestic cups, we're still in our 10,000 all-seater stadium. I even sold off our star striker and captain for £31 million in the hope of getting a new stadium, as of yet I'm still out of luck. I've tried asking for expansion, they only give me "not enough room" message, do I just have to wait and hope and pray?. Yet I have to say a stadium of that amount for so cheap, I'd love that, I wouldnt have even have to sell my two star players if I could get one that cheap :p.

It may well have been a big mistake for me to sell two of my star players, one wanted a bigger club, the other well, he was happy where he was for now, but eventually he would probably want to move to a bigger club, I've got new talent coming through but it may well take upwards of four years to train them to the level of my old star.

As Everton I have 38000 members in a 50000 seat stadium and won the last two premierships. My issue is cash (only $48m in the bank) but I guess if the demand is there they will give me a new stadium

I would have paid £24,000,000 of my own money to get an extra 20,000 seats, seems unfair.

(I have earned £19,500,000 but I consider myself modest in my spending, and would have taken out a loan) ;).

Well I think I just won the ******** board of the millennium contest...

Valladolid, still sitting in my 26k seat stadium, owned by my B Team and instead of spending my damn money on a new stadium they put $300m into a Reserve Investment Fund...

Richest club in the world, 7 straight league titles and we play in a 26k seat stadium that our B team owns... how ridiculous is that.

I'm starting to become so frustrated I might head to another club because it is so annoying relying on Real Madrid poaching my players to make profits, hell they nearly beat me last year with a first 11 that contained 8 of my former players and they bought two more this year. I've been intentionally not spending on transfers in an attempt to get a better stadium...

I think if the board gave you clearly defined indicators it may help people's discontent with getting a new stadium. Or if you could ask/negotiate a new stadium it would help too

I got a new stadium built for Wolves in my 5th season. Was 20m in debt at the time but picked up my 2nd premiership and won the Europa legue. I had been packing out my old stadium but never asked for another expansion as 42000 is the highest it can go. Seems it goes more on winning things then actual money in the bank

Just wondering if any of you guys who have managed to get new stadiums have done so with Clubs that do NOT own their current stadium.

I've got a new stadium before, so I know it's possible, but I'm starting to wonder if it is a bug related to not owning the stadium that is defying my Valladolid team from getting a new stadium.

I couldn't win much more if I tried, stadium has been sold out for like 5 straight seasons, all tickets sold, club is worth close to $2b now and has consistently had around $1b in the bank alone.

So has anyone with a stadium they don't own got a new one?

I can confirm it is possible...

Valladolid will now be home to a 133,684 seat stadium. It opens in 2024, also ironically will be the 2nd stadium in the league named after me, so 2 teams with stadiums with the same name. Total cost was $1.06b and required a 188m loan, which is ridiculous given we have 300m in the investment fund... but it will be worth it when the beast opens.

I had a 10,000 capacity stadium for 11 years (only became an all seater about three-four years before).

They decided to build a 29,000 all seater stadium with undersoil and retractable roof for £37mil. My current stadium was only worth 900k! Stadium sponsorship worth 12.45mil too so thats pretty good! I hope I can expand it even further!

I only had 250mil in my bank, was winning the league and everything for the past 4-5 seasons...

Well I'm stuck with my 10,000 capacity stadium still as St mirren, I won everything domestic, again, the shareholders robbed me of all the profit we made that season though, putting us down in money, and we reached the semi's of the champions league (we were unlucky not to go through, we lost on away goals).

Yet still no bloody stadium and it's ****ing me off. I want to push this side forward, yet it seems like making money doesnt really help massively and it's pretty much random how it happens. I don't know what to do, I'm really tempted to quit this team myself, I'd even take an offer from queens park in the 3rd division just to have a good stadium, I'd not have the squad, but at least I could work on that, it feels like there's really no hope of a new stadium here.

I'm liverpool with £800m in the bank, with no luck. If you get one I want to complain to Liverpool city council in the game!

I won't get my hopes up then!

How do you have so much money?

I'm in 2027, took over the club in 2021. There was a tycoon takeover before I got there. And I've won almost everything going over the past 6 seasons. 6 prems, 4 CL's, 6 FA cups, 5 LC's, 3 CWCs, 3 Super Cups, etc.

Also, My net transfer profit is £120 million. I have tonnes of sponsorship cash as well, as they all got re-negotiated during my tenure.

I'd think it was a bug but I'm not complaining.

I started with my local team in the BSN and after a fair few seasons success we are on the verge of getting into the premiership in a stadium with only a 4800 capacity, and of those only 394 seats! i think we need some kind of investment here!

i think a good idea could be that when the board offers you a new contract you can ask them to commit to building a new stadium.

or, when a club offers you a job, you can also request this.

im with forest, and sense that i will be waiting a long time for one, despite how well we're doing.

I'm hoping for one with Everton I've got £120m in the bank so we'll see at the end of the season.
I'm liverpool with £800m in the bank, with no luck. If you get one I want to complain to Liverpool city council in the game!
I won't get my hopes up then!

Get in!!! End of the 7th season with £89m in the bank I've been given a new stadium. Ready in 2 years! My first time this has happened!

robertnewton.png

Archived