What do I have to do to become a legend?

I have started with Oldham in Coca Cola League One in England. I am about to start my 9th season with them, in the previous 8th seasons, we won League one, the Championship, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and just last season finished 2nd in the league to get into UCL for the first time.

1st Season: Finished play offs in League One

2nd Season: Promoted as champions from League one

3rd Season: Promoted from Coca Cola Championship through play offs

4th Season: Relegated from the EPL quite early in the season. Finished 20th

5th Season: Promoted from the Championship as champions

6th Season: Avoided relegation. Finished 16th in the EPL

7th Season: Finished 7th in the league. Won the FA Cup

8the Season: Finished 2nd in the League. Won the CC. Lost to Real Madrid in the first round of Europa after qualifying second in the group stage

9th Season: In Pre season now

So, anyone who does that surely must be a legend in any club. From being mediocre in the England's 3rd division to playing UCL. Just now the club offered me 4 year long contract but i don't know I will accept. My current runs at the end of this season (9th) so am hoping to win the league and take over another club.

Realistically speaking, if a manager does that for a team you support don't you think he should be regarded as a legend for the club? In my view damn yes. but why have I not appeared in the Legends column?

This needs to be addressed IMO. Great achievements there and would certainly go down as their greatest manager if that were real life.

Had something similar with my York City save, went from mid-table in the BSP to Championship with successive promotions each year. Won the BSP, L2, and L1 on a shoestring budget. Didn't even get on Favored Personnel. Needs to be sorted.

i found the same slightly different to you i was my beloved Manchester city and i won everything soo many times i just kept winning and winning trophies till i got legend status, if your in favourd personal or any of the club information screen just win a coule of decent trophies and youl move into the catagory above what you already are

for me 3 relegations lollllll

You must be a charismatic person to do this

For the topic starter: I don't want to ruin your achievements really it's great (i didn't achieve so much during one save :p), but you deffinetly need more to become a legend, and as I see it you are on the verge of achieving. Keep up the good work and you get there

To the OP - I'm on your side, but in game terms the only HoF points you have is from one FA Cup. I think you need to make an impact in the Hall of Fame.

Anyway, looks like you're making great progress; maybe the board and fans are worried you'll retire prematurely, so just keep going.

It took me getting my tier 8 team into the prem winning it twice and fa cups league cup, I didn't get legend status until I won my second champs league. I would have thought just getting them to the football league would have been enough

Compared to the rl stature of your club, you should be a club legend indeed, although probably expectations will rise with success. As you have been relegated once as well maybe your legend will shine only after leaving them when the club is slumping down again.

It's like in real life, people have to die first apparently :(

I think it needs to bee improved. You shouldn't have to win the Champions League with Oldham to become a legend. Promotion to the premier league alone should be enough for this. For Chelsea or Man Utd its only fair that it takes 2 or 3 major trophies to become a legend.

I have brought my club from below the Blue square leagues to the premier division in 12 years, winning 3 titles and 3 playoff wins but don't feature on the list of favourite personnel. I did start the game with 10.1 and updated as the patches came out, I think there was an issue with this and the first patch.

British Bulldogs

Kinda misleading - the first screenshot where it says "surely must go down as a legend" does not lead to the second where you get a legend status. I had this appear twice so far in my Scotland game, with 2 promotions from 2nd and 1st divisions but all I am is in fav.personnal list ;)

Hmmm, definatly something that needs to be worked on for future versions.

I'm currently on the fav. personel list for AFC Telford, which I got at the end of season 2 after guiding them to promotion and then the FA trophy and the BSP play-off Final (lost 4-2 lol)

P.S JoeR247 what is the skin on the Histon screenshot???? :D

Depending who you are, have a look in the Hall Of Fame. Depending on the club you are and how successful they are, have a look to see if a previous manager of your club has established himself as a legend and try and beat his trophy cabinet :)

Make sense? I Dont think so :p

I was gutted that Peterhead never inducted me onto their Legends list too. :( Got them from Division 3 to the top end of the Premier League and kept them there for a few years until deciding to take the Rangers job.

What's Bobby Mann got that I haven't? Other than a real-life affiliation with Peterhead FC, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Season: Finished play offs in League One

2nd Season: Promoted as champions from League one

3rd Season: Promoted from Coca Cola Championship through play offs

4th Season: Relegated from the EPL quite early in the season. Finished 20th

5th Season: Promoted from the Championship as champions

6th Season: Avoided relegation. Finished 16th in the EPL

7th Season: Finished 7th in the league. Won the FA Cup

8the Season: Finished 2nd in the League. Won the CC. Lost to Real Madrid in the first round of Europa after qualifying second in the group stage

9th Season: Won the EPL, And FA CUP. Lost in the first round of UCL against Barca, lost 2-0 against Liverpool in the CC final

Finally got some recognition when I won the first trophy of the season I got into the favored personal list then moved to ICONS when I won the second trophy of the season. I can see another EPL title would make me a legend at the club.

Still, I hope SI change in accordance to the level of the club.

When i played with thurrock i became a legend only after i won the champions league.

In my current game with hayes & yeading i became a legend when i got promoted to the premier league. Havent checked if im still a legend after relegation :). Damn equalizing goal in 88th minute.

Just finished my 4th season with Birmingham and coming in 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st in the premier league, 2 champions league wins, 2 FA cups, 1 club world championship, 1 super cup, 1 league cup, 2 community shields, I'm only still on the favoured personnel. The board just announced the building of our new stadium - Birmingham Stadium. There goes my dream of getting a stadium named after me >.>

Really feel like resigning.

• 4 weeks later...
Just finished my 4th season with Birmingham and coming in 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st in the premier league, 2 champions league wins, 2 FA cups, 1 club world championship, 1 super cup, 1 league cup, 2 community shields, I'm only still on the favoured personnel. The board just announced the building of our new stadium - Birmingham Stadium. There goes my dream of getting a stadium named after me >.>

Really feel like resigning.

That's damn impressive!! Only 4 seasons and you managed to win 3 EPL titles, 2 UCLs, 2 FA Cups, and the rest! WoW

About the stadium, it is obvious you are asking too much to name a stadium after you. You have only spent 4 years with the club and despite all the success you had I think it is too short time to get a stadium named after you.

Had something similar with my York City save, went from mid-table in the BSP to Championship with successive promotions each year. Won the BSP, L2, and L1 on a shoestring budget. Didn't even get on Favored Personnel. Needs to be sorted.

For me it was ALMOST EXACTLY the same in my York save in FM2008. I was seeing how players like Ched Evans or Nicolás Mazzola were getting quickly to Icons but not me... just Favoured personel. That in League One, after that nothing changed

Or when I won the EPL with Hull in my current save. Mirko Vucinic (Who came in the same season, and it wasn't a fantastic one) suddenly became Legend, but I never got even to Favoured Personel...

Archived