Retirement?

Young players always retire. If they don't find another club after a season or two, they aren't gonna wait around at home with no income irl are they? So, why would they do it on the game?

I'm sure they could work in a shop or something so they can get by while they wait for their big break :p

It's weird how you can feel rather guilty about youngsters retiring, though. There's one kid in my reserve side who hasn't played a competitive match in about a year, and his general happiness says "Believes his ambition for a professional career in football is over." :( To be fair, I'm playing as Rangers and he's nowhere near SPL level, but when I release him from his contract I'd hope another team picks him up, so he can continue his professional (or perhaps semi-professional) career in football.

has anyone noticed that a lot of the pros that we have now you know burnley players ect all seem to retire really early for some reason im getting players like steven gerrard retiring at 34 ect is this a bug just for me or is everyone getting it?

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels said good-bye to WWE during tonight's episode of Raw after losing a retirement match

Link broke and off topic here, Sorry. What is a retirement match?

• 1 month later...

Marcell Jansen is retiring (2.7.2012) on my save, at the age of 27, but is considering his manager's proposal to stay on for another year. And I can't for the life of it figure out why. It just doesn't make any sense, no injuries, playing most of the matches...:confused:

Do players on this version still retire through injury? I remember I had a star 26 year old on one of the older games but broke his back or something else horrendous and had to retire.

The most annoying thing about youth retiring is sometimes they dont have to.

I play in the lower leagues and alot of the time the players that i go for on free transfers choose not to join my club. Fair enough they think they can play at a higher level but 6 months later i offer again and they still wont join then i see a message saying that they have retired. Surely they would join a BSP club and try and get themselves noticed rather than retiring?

The most annoying thing about youth retiring is sometimes they dont have to.

I play in the lower leagues and alot of the time the players that i go for on free transfers choose not to join my club. Fair enough they think they can play at a higher level but 6 months later i offer again and they still wont join then i see a message saying that they have retired. Surely they would join a BSP club and try and get themselves noticed rather than retiring?

Maybe your club as a too low reputation for them? :eek:

Archived