Stadium question

Im currently managing York City in the Championship in 2014 and we are currently 3rd in the league with about 16 games left.

The club is building a new 6000 capacity all seater stadium and its ready in 2015. My current stadium is 9459 (3248 seated) and my question is if I get promoted this year what happens in terms of my stadium?. Is the current one satisfactory for the Premiership or can we actually be stripped of promotion because the stadium isnt good enough?.

You will have to ground share with a nearby premier league side until your stadium is completed. In my game my club are based in London and we are sharing Upton Park with West Ham while we wait for ours to be upgraded.

The question is can a 6000 capacity stadium produce enough money to sustain a premier league club? I hope there is room for an increase. My upgraded stadium will only hold 10000 when completed so we will have to move in the future if we are going to survive.

British Bulldogs

You will have to ground share with a nearby premier league side until your stadium is completed. In my game my club are based in London and we are sharing Upton Park with West Ham while we wait for ours to be upgraded.

The question is can a 6000 capacity stadium produce enough money to sustain a premier league club? I hope there is room for an increase. My upgraded stadium will only hold 10000 when completed so we will have to move in the future if we are going to survive.

British Bulldogs

Oh! Well I wouldn't mind that at all! Im trying to think which club would be the nearest for us to ground share. Possibly Hull?!.

Im hoping there is room for expansion or we're gonna be screwed! 6000 is nowhere near enough to make money from ticket sales, I hope the board know what they are doing! Gulp.

Just to clarify what I said as it was a bit misleading.

It will be a local club who's ground meets premier league standards. The club does not have to be in the premier league at the time. That might give you more options.

British Bulldogs

In that case im hoping its Leeds United as they are the closest!

Concerning money

In order too survive you might have to become a "stock exchange" club

What I mean by that is

Buy low, sell high

Be prepared to sell some of your stars, as long as you can muster up a team who can survive relegation for a few years,

And then concentrate on making money through transfers and sponsors/TV money/cup runs/etc

Hopefully, you'll then be able to have enough money to expand your stadium or create yet another new one

Concerning money

In order too survive you might have to become a "stock exchange" club

What I mean by that is

Buy low, sell high

Be prepared to sell some of your stars, as long as you can muster up a team who can survive relegation for a few years,

And then concentrate on making money through transfers and sponsors/TV money/cup runs/etc

Hopefully, you'll then be able to have enough money to expand your stadium or create yet another new one

Thats good cos thats how I play the game anyway. I've got some really good young players already who are being watched by some high rep clubs so im hoping I can sell a couple at stupid prices. Plus i've got the £30m to come in TV revenue which is always a bonus!

Its now July pre-season and no mention of the stadium!

Started the season. No mention of stadium or ground share until new stadium is finished at end of season. Can only accommodate fans in the seated sections of my stadium! So until the end of the season I have a Premiership capacity of 3248! What a joke.

Luckily my wage bill isnt that big so im still making money at end of every month!

Started the season. No mention of stadium or ground share until new stadium is finished at end of season. Can only accommodate fans in the seated sections of my stadium! So until the end of the season I have a Premiership capacity of 3248! What a joke.

Luckily my wage bill isnt that big so im still making money at end of every month!

What's your wage bill per week?

I'm more interested in how well you're doing

If you survive 1 or 2 seasons in the Prem, you're set money-wise

5 games in:

Won 3, drawn 1, lost 1. Currently sitting 3rd!

As you can imagine im really pleased with the start which includes a 4-2 win against Arsenal at home.

At the start of the season the board gave me £12m to spend with £5m in the bank. I invested heavily in quality youth and brought in around 6 players all under 22. The current squad has an average age of about 23 so as you can imagine its looking good for the future but the only problem is trying to stay in the division, after a good start (which we needed) im just hoping we can becuase no doubt we're gonna go on a streak of losing games!

Thats harsh, It can't be because your stadium is almost done, because I've had 2 ground shares when mine was due to be completed in march/april. This has always happened to me, twice in london and once with AFC liverpool. (when i created them in fm09) Maybe you need to be in the same city?

British Bulldogs

Thats harsh, It can't be because your stadium is almost done, because I've had 2 ground shares when mine was due to be completed in march/april. This has always happened to me, twice in london and once with AFC liverpool. (when i created them in fm09) Maybe you need to be in the same city?

British Bulldogs

Yep, that must be it!.

I've been lucky in that I have a small wage bill at end of every month so im still making money but that had the potential to be a game ruiner!. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!

Tbh, until yet another new stadium is built, you're not gonna get loads of money through match tickets

I say this because, checking with the game editor, the expansion capacity for the new stadium is just another 4,000

So you're best bet is too have good cup runs, and become a player "stock-exchange"

Obviously, if you're able to make the right transfers and do really well in the league (maybe getting into the Europa League), that will bring more money in... but the increase of reputation will also have players wanting higher wages

Tbh, until yet another new stadium is built, you're not gonna get loads of money through match tickets

I say this because, checking with the game editor, the expansion capacity for the new stadium is just another 4,000

So you're best bet is too have good cup runs, and become a player "stock-exchange"

Obviously, if you're able to make the right transfers and do really well in the league (maybe getting into the Europa League), that will bring more money in... but the increase of reputation will also have players wanting higher wages

Oh dear, just 4,000?! Ouch.

Im going to have to be really careful with wages then and just hope I can stay in the division and have a good cup run!

Saying that I just got knocked out of the League Cup against Blackburn away so the only hope now is a good run in the FA Cup!

Just beaten Man City 3-1 at home in the league to go 2nd after 7 games! :)

Finished 12th in first season in Premiership, then finished 11th in second. End of second the board are finally expanding the stadium but it'll only be to 10,000 capacity.

Meanwhile, while construction is ongoing we are relocating to Elland Road! 40,000 capacity = loadsa moneyyyyy!! :D

My Team Bath team played for half a season at Ashton Gate in Bristol while Twerton Park was converted to an all seater (around 8k capacity), doubling my average attendance for that period! The 8k was just enough to keep me afloat for the first season - fortunately now got a brand new 25k one instead :D

My Team Bath team played for half a season at Ashton Gate in Bristol while Twerton Park was converted to an all seater (around 8k capacity), doubling my average attendance for that period! The 8k was just enough to keep me afloat for the first season - fortunately now got a brand new 25k one instead :D

Its great isn't it! First two seasons in Premiership I really had to watch our wages because I knew we couldn't splash out on them as we didn't have enough money being generated from ticket sales and the funny thing is I actually predicted (see previous posts) that it would be Elland Road we'd move to and it happened! haha. Im now making around £1m per week in ticket sales and have a commercial link in China too!

Hows the new stadium holding out? Do you make enough money etc from ticket sales from 25k capacity? Im worried becuase we have just completed our new stadium but it can only be expanded to 10,000 max! :S

Its great isn't it! First two seasons in Premiership I really had to watch our wages because I knew we couldn't splash out on them as we didn't have enough money being generated from ticket sales and the funny thing is I actually predicted (see previous posts) that it would be Elland Road we'd move to and it happened! haha. Im now making around £1m per week in ticket sales and have a commercial link in China too!

Hows the new stadium holding out? Do you make enough money etc from ticket sales from 25k capacity? Im worried becuase we have just completed our new stadium but it can only be expanded to 10,000 max! :S

At the moment it's pretty good, attendances managing to pay for wages which leaves a nice amount of prize money for a transfer budget - could get interesting soon as all my young players realise they can earn more.

Haven't checked how much the new one can be expanded, however in the off season board announced an expansion up to around 37k iirc after a ridiculous run of form qualified us for Europe so looking very nice :D Just need to get rid of the average training and youth academy :o

At the moment it's pretty good, attendances managing to pay for wages which leaves a nice amount of prize money for a transfer budget - could get interesting soon as all my young players realise they can earn more.

Haven't checked how much the new one can be expanded, however in the off season board announced an expansion up to around 37k iirc after a ridiculous run of form qualified us for Europe so looking very nice :D Just need to get rid of the average training and youth academy :o

Very nice mate!

I too currently have a load of quality youth players (including two wonderkids) who in two or three years are going to want mammoth wages once they have matured but I dont think im going to be able to afford to keep them unless the board build a new stadium which is unlikely so i'll probably have to sell them for stupid money unless I can qualify for the Champions League before then which im currently on schedule to do! Currently sitting top of the league after first 10 games of season but I doubt it'll last, there's a very good Everton team hot on my heels who incidently won the league last year!

Very nice mate!

I too currently have a load of quality youth players (including two wonderkids) who in two or three years are going to want mammoth wages once they have matured but I dont think im going to be able to afford to keep them unless the board build a new stadium which is unlikely so i'll probably have to sell them for stupid money unless I can qualify for the Champions League before then which im currently on schedule to do! Currently sitting top of the league after first 10 games of season but I doubt it'll last, there's a very good Everton team hot on my heels who incidently won the league last year!

Would be interested in reading about your career, do you have a career thread? Im currently enjoying my Bath City save whereby i have achieved consecutive promotions and will be beginning league football for the first time ever with them.

Ellisio - You are doing so well that you will soon be approached with a millionaire offer to move to Europe... You won't need to worry about the cock fight ring-size stadium they are building for ye. ;-P

Would be interested in reading about your career, do you have a career thread? Im currently enjoying my Bath City save whereby i have achieved consecutive promotions and will be beginning league football for the first time ever with them.

I dont have a career thread no mate, how do I go about doing this?

I got promoted 3 years in a row and spent two years in the Championship before being promoted to the Premiership! Great feeling to finally get to the promised land! :)

I have two players on that per week :-)

You have inspired me to try my hand at a small club on this version. Now do I add a second manager to my existing game, or try start a new one.

Hahaha! I was the same as you mate, I picked the top clubs when I first got FM10 to get a feel of the game but never really settled into a proper game if you know what I mean.

So I thought i'd try a realistic game and start at the bottom with sunday league footballer status and try to get a team from the lower leagues to the Premiership. Im absolutely loving it, i'd seriously recommend it!

Ellisio - You are doing so well that you will soon be approached with a millionaire offer to move to Europe... You won't need to worry about the cock fight ring-size stadium they are building for ye. ;-P

lol thanks my friend! I already got an offer from Roma with a transfer budget of £35m but turned it down! ;)

I have two players on that per week :-)

You have inspired me to try my hand at a small club on this version. Now do I add a second manager to my existing game, or try start a new one.

Try playing as a team outside the old firm in the Scottish leagues. Falkirk were third in the league in my save for most of the season (they eventually slipped down to fourth or fifth towards the end) and the highest-paid player there is only on £2,900 a week :eek:

Hey need help urgently....

I started a new game with the latest 10.3 patch....im managing Man Utd, just before the end of the first season i requested expansion of the stadium, the board agreed that they have plans to go ahead with the expansion...but just before my second season was starting i got a message that explansion plan was rejected my the council....so i let it be and carried on with my second season.

During my second season i requested the board once again for the expansion the board agreed, in fact the board also approved the youth facilities to be improved....again at the end of the second season the explansion got rejected by the council....im stuck with a stadium which is sold out almost every game, the board who wants to expand the stadium...but the annoying council rejecting the it. I need help...as im doing really well with the team.... need more sources of income to help pay of the debt in the books...a bigger stadium will help with paying of the debt.

Help please....what can i do to get the council to approve the expansion?

Thanks in advance.

I started a new game with the latest 10.3 patch....im managing Man Utd, just before the end of the first season i requested expansion of the stadium, the board agreed that they have plans to go ahead with the expansion...but just before my second season was starting i got a message that explansion plan was rejected my the council....so i let it be and carried on with my second season.

During my second season i requested the board once again for the expansion the board agreed, in fact the board also approved the youth facilities to be improved....again at the end of the second season the explansion got rejected by the council....im stuck with a stadium which is sold out almost every game, the board who wants to expand the stadium...but the annoying council rejecting the it. I need help...as im doing really well with the team.... need more sources of income to help pay of the debt in the books...a bigger stadium will help with paying of the debt.

Thanks in advance.

My heart bleeds for you.

as a fellow low league manager

Wont affect promotion (im fleetwood town) i had only 6500 seats on a 9340 seater stadium. It means though for PREM games you can only fill to the seated area but for FA cup you will be able to sell the standing area. You will also find board will either upgrade to all seater or in my case build a new stadium all seated.

Ellisio and i know the feeling i took fleetwood up consective promotions with no funds until the championship (also had 6 takeovers during this time all board members unfortunately) spent 1st season in championship with £3 mill budget and second season i had my 7th takeover and £23 mill to spend on promotion. Got promoted via playoffs. Now in second season of prem (first season stayed up down to a 95th min equaliser and bolton conceding a 97th min equaliser)

Second season i got £65 mill to spend on players. Got to league cup final and finished 4th after losing 6 games at opening. went on a 32 match unbeaten run (18 draws and 14 wins)

Now playing 3rd season in prem and 6th currently in january and my board backed me for europe with £100 million (only spent £56mill now as itll put me into the red again) Board has given me a 32000 stadium which will finish end of next season.

Thanks in advance.

If the stadium sells out each week they will eventully build you a new one as expansion is not possible

I dont have a career thread no mate, how do I go about doing this?

I got promoted 3 years in a row and spent two years in the Championship before being promoted to the Premiership! Great feeling to finally get to the promised land! :)

Go to the Careers Thread forum and start your own thread. Usually you are required to post some screen shots of your story throughout the season but i guess you wont have saved any. But its an interesting career to date i love reading about taking a small club onto big success.

Update:

Stadium is now complete, moved back to the York Community Stadium from Elland Road.

As mentioned above, the maximum expansion capacity for my stadium was 10,000, it seems this isn't the case as the board informed me that they have managed to squeeze another 500 seats in making my capacity 10,500!. I hope this means I can expand the stadium even more!.

1 game left in the Premiership, sitting 4th. Could have won the league on the last day (if results went our way) until we got beaten by Chelsea on matchday 37.

Even so, a great season, qualified for the Champions League next year! :D

Update:

Stadium is now complete, moved back to the York Community Stadium from Elland Road.

As mentioned above, the maximum expansion capacity for my stadium was 10,000, it seems this isn't the case as the board informed me that they have managed to squeeze another 500 seats in making my capacity 10,500!. I hope this means I can expand the stadium even more!.

1 game left in the Premiership, sitting 4th. Could have won the league on the last day (if results went our way) until we got beaten by Chelsea on matchday 37.

Even so, a great season, qualified for the Champions League next year! :D

Very good season have you signed any well known players. How are your finances?

Very good season have you signed any well known players. How are your finances?

Thanks!

I've also just won the FA Cup beating Chelsea 2-0 at Wembley!

Most of my team are regens! The only real life players I have are Kyle Bartley (Arsenal) who has turned into a monster centre back, John Bostock (Spurs), David Gray (Man Utd) has been awesome for me, not the best stats and by no means the best right back in the world but he has high stats for determination and good defending stats, always performs well. A defensive midfielder from Valencia called Sunny and all the rest are regens.

I just gained £17m for my 4th place finish and £1.8m for winning the FA Cup so added onto what money I already have my balance is around £28m.

Plus, the board have just decided to expand the stadium by another 5,500 seats which should take the capacity to around 16,000 by the start of the new season so it would seem the editor isn't an entirely reliable source of information!

Archived