league cup semi final draw

has any one else had this problem ?

no matter how many times i reload the game the result of the draw is the same i tried 10 times the order in which the teams came out were different but the opposition was always the same

is this a bug ?

everton/ chelsea Vs Liverpool

Man utd vs west ham

its a bit crap tbh. Im Man Utd and I always seem to get Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool in the first 2 rounds of the cups. Its like the game wants to pair big teams in the cups all the time. Something should be done about how the draws are calculated

What difference does it make, apart from not being able to cheat the draw?

well look at my post. thats the difference. Its like the game always wants to throw 2 big teams together in every round. Yes it does happen but at least it happens in a random draw. I think the game already knows that its going to put 2 big teams together. It may be random as to which 2 teams it is but it still does it all the same. Thats wrong

well look at my post. thats the difference. Its like the game always wants to throw 2 big teams together in every round. Yes it does happen but at least it happens in a random draw. I think the game already knows that its going to put 2 big teams together. It may be random as to which 2 teams it is but it still does it all the same. Thats wrong

I actually thought your post was a joke :o

this draw wasnt random, the result turned out the same 10 times in a row

all be it the teams were drew in a different order but the opposition was always the same

It is randomly drawn following the games in the previous round. You just don't get to see it until it is 'drawn'.

this draw wasnt random, the result turned out the same 10 times in a row

all be it the teams were drew in a different order but the opposition was always the same

They are random, just done a day or two in advance of when it says it's being drawn, so when you reload on the same day you get the same draw.

If you want to cheat to get a different draw, try it a few days earlier next time!

I actually thought your post was a joke :o

I wish it was. I know you have to beat the best teams to win comps but it does seem like that game predetermines that similar rep teams will be drawn together in each cup.

Its like two of the "big four" are always drawn together in the 3rd/4th round of the FA Cup and also the earlier rounds of the league cup. Its also the same for similar rep teams. two of Villa, Everton, Man City and Spurs seem to get drawn together often

Big teams aren't always drawn together in my experience. I just played in the first leg of the league cup semi final, the 4 teams were Man Utd (my team), Southampton and Doncaster (both in the CCC) and Everton, if the big teams are always drawn together I should have got Everton, I got Doncaster.

Also in the F.A cup with all the big Prem teams in the draw I got drawn against Notts County (another CCC team).

Big teams aren't always drawn together in my experience. I just played in the first leg of the league cup semi final, the 4 teams were Man Utd (my team), Southampton and Doncaster (both in the CCC) and Everton, if the big teams are always drawn together I should have got Everton, I got Doncaster.

Also in the F.A cup with all the big Prem teams in the draw I got drawn against Notts County (another CCC team).

look at the other big teams or similar rep teams in the first couple of rounds

I wish it was. I know you have to beat the best teams to win comps but it does seem like that game predetermines that similar rep teams will be drawn together in each cup.

Its like two of the "big four" are always drawn together in the 3rd/4th round of the FA Cup and also the earlier rounds of the league cup. Its also the same for similar rep teams. two of Villa, Everton, Man City and Spurs seem to get drawn together often

Here are my FA Cup 3rd round opponents for the last 15 years (I won the league on 10 of these):

2031/32 Barrow (L2)

2032/33 Charlton (L1)

2033/34 West Brom (Ch)

2034/35 Barnsley (L1)

2035/36 Huddersfield (L2)

2036/37 Hull (L1)

2037/38 Oxford (Ch)

2038/39 Ipswich (Ch)

2039/40 Sheff Utd (Ch)

2040/41 Oxford (Ch)

2041/42 Reading (PL)

2042/43 Bolton (L1)

2043/44 Wigan (Ch)

2044/45 Forest Green (BSP)

2045/46 Everton (PL)

What do yours look like?

Here are my FA Cup 3rd round opponents for the last 15 years (I won the league on 10 of these):

2031/32 Barrow (L2)

2032/33 Charlton (L1)

2033/34 West Brom (Ch)

2034/35 Barnsley (L1)

2035/36 Huddersfield (L2)

2036/37 Hull (L1)

2037/38 Oxford (Ch)

2038/39 Ipswich (Ch)

2039/40 Sheff Utd (Ch)

2040/41 Oxford (Ch)

2041/42 Reading (PL)

2042/43 Bolton (L1)

2043/44 Wigan (Ch)

2044/45 Forest Green (BSP)

2045/46 Everton (PL)

What do yours look like?

what was your 4th round draw?

EDIT: Also check Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool

just done the same with the fa cup 3rd round, i drew hull every time

whats the point in the game asking you to view the draw if its already picked who you are going to play ?

I like to watch the draw, I enjoy the suspense.

what was your 4th round draw

2031/32 Liverpool (PL)

2032/33 QPR (PL)

2033/34 Nottm Forest (L1)

2034/35 Tranmere (L1)

2035/36 Hull (L1)

2036/37 Tottenham (PL)

2037/38 n/a

2038/39 Bolton (L1)

2039/40 Burnley (Ch)

2040/41 Stoke (PL)

2041/42 Exeter (Ch)

2042/43 Swindon (Ch)

2043/44 Chelsea (PL)

2044/45 Stockport (L1)

2045/46 Newcastle (PL)

look at the other big teams or similar rep teams in the first couple of rounds

In the F.A cup third round Chelsea got Sheffield Utd, Arsenal got West Ham, Liverpool got Wolves (21st in CCC) and Man City got Crystal Palace.

In the league cup third round I got Swansea, Liverpool got Sheffield Wednesday, Arsenal got Sunderland, Chelsea got Bolton and Man City got Bradford.

Out of all of those the only similar rep teams drawn together were Arsenal v West Ham and Arsenal v Sunderland and even those aren't that close as West Ham and Sunderland finished 13 and 14 in the Prem last season in my game, whereas Arsenal finished third.

EDIT: Also check Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool

I'll give you the last five years for those, I'll be here all night otherwise. This is FA Cup 3rd round again.

Chelsea

2041/42 Droylsden (L2)

2042/43 Crewe (L1)

2043/44 Southport (L1)

2044/45 Doncaster (Ch)

2045/46 Leeds (Ch)

Arsenal

2041/42 Southend (Ch)

2042/43 Exeter (Ch)

2043/44 Wycombe (L1)

2044/45 Leicester (Ch)

2045/46 Shrewsbury (L1)

Liverpool

2041/42 Middlesbrough (Ch)

2042/43 Watford (PL)

2043/44 Stafford (L2)

2044/45 Hastings (BSS)

2045/46 Hartlepool (L1)

Man Utd

2041/42 Torquay (L2)

2042/43 Tiverton (n/a)

2043/44 Crystal Palace (PL)

2044/45 Swansea (Ch)

2045/46 Eastleigh (L2)

Right, i've just played a cup game and saved immediately after winning. Then watched the draw the following day, reloaded and gone to the draw again. Result? Two completely different draws. Conclusion? Draw is not pre-determined the second you win your match, but more likely done at 00:00 on the day of the draw.

Right, i've just played a cup game and saved immediately after winning. Then watched the draw the following day, reloaded and gone to the draw again. Result? Two completely different draws. Conclusion? Draw is not pre-determined the second you win your match, but more likely done at 00:00 on the day of the draw.

Were there cup games played on the day of the draw?

must be my game then :eek:

Here are some of the stand out matches from round 3 and 4 of the fa cup and league cup since ive started.

09/10 League Cup 3rd Round

Villa v Spurs

Arsenal v Man Utd

10/11 League Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Man City v Chelsea

Everton v Man City

Villa V Spurs

11/12 League Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Man City v Spurs

Chelsea v Man Utd

12/13 League Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Spurs v Man City

Arsenal v Man Utd

Chelsea v Man City

13/14 League Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Everton v Chelsea

Man City v Liverpool

Spurs v Sunderland

Fulham v Villa

Yes now I know this is the league cup which is smaller so here is the FA Cup

09/10 FA Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Man City v Villa

Blackburn v Everton

West Ham v Pompy

Burnley v Bolton

Man Utd v Man City

10/11 FA Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Burnley v Blackburn

Man City v Villa

11/12 FA Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Man City v Liverpool

West Ham v Spurs

12/13 FA Cup 3rd & 4th Round

Man City v Liverpool

So there we have just the main teams from the premiership. Ive included some in there which are derby games. I could have included a lot more of those btw.

Here are some of the stand out matches from round 3 and 4 of the fa cup and league cup since ive started.

Villa v Spurs

Arsenal v Man Utd

Man City v Chelsea

Everton v Man City

Villa V Spurs

Man City v Spurs

Chelsea v Man Utd

Spurs v Man City

Arsenal v Man Utd

Chelsea v Man City

Everton v Chelsea

Man City v Liverpool

Spurs v Sunderland

Fulham v Villa

Man City v Villa

Blackburn v Everton

West Ham v Pompy

Burnley v Bolton

Man Utd v Man City

Burnley v Blackburn

Man City v Villa

Man City v Liverpool

West Ham v Spurs

Man City v Liverpool

So there we have just the main teams from the premiership. Ive included some in there which are derby games. I could have included a lot more of those btw.

That doesn't look too bad to me. In the 17 cup draws you've got there, the 'big four' only met each other twice, both times in the league cup.

That doesn't look too bad to me. In the 17 cup draws you've got there, the 'big four' only met each other twice, both times in the league cup.

ok well make it a big 5 seeing as Man City have won the league for the last 2 seasons. This is just the big teams from the prem. You should see the teams that have been drawn together from the championship

Also West Ham and Sunderland have been up there the last few seasons so if you include them in the same bracket as Villa, Everton and Spurs I think I would have run out of room to post these fixtures

ok well make it a big 5 seeing as Man City have won the league for the last 2 seasons. This is just the big teams from the prem. You should see the teams that have been drawn together from the championship

Also West Ham and Sunderland have been up there the last few seasons so if you include them in the same bracket as Villa, Everton and Spurs I think I would have run out of room to post these fixtures

Ok, I'm willing to dig out my draws and compare them and see if there's anything in it.

How about the top five clubs from the league of the previous season, FA Cup 3rd round draws only for five years?

Ok, I'm willing to dig out my draws and compare them and see if there's anything in it.

How about the top five clubs from the league of the previous season, FA Cup 3rd round draws only for five years?

because im only in November in my current season. Thats why the League Cup draw is there and FA Cup isnt.

The top 5 from my last season is:

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Chelsea

I'm guessing that the 'draw' is done after all the matches in that round have been played, apart from the replays.

Just tried with another cup which still had ties to be played, draw turns out different if you save the day before, but you get the same draw if you do it on the day.

So I think it must be done at 00:00 or thereabouts on the day of the draw.

2045/46

1st Tooting & Mitcham - Everton (PL)

2nd Spurs - Notts Co (PL)

3rd Watford - Aston Villa (PL)

4th Man City - Portsmouth (PL)

5th Man Utd - Eastleigh (L2)

2044/45

1st Stoke - Southend (Ch)

2nd Tooting & Mitcham - Forest Green (BSP)

3rd Watford - Notts Co (PL)

4th Everton - Cardiff (Ch)

5th Man Utd - Swansea (Ch)

2043/44

1st Tottenham - Stoke (PL)

2nd Chelsea - Southport (L1)

3rd Everton - Stockport (L1)

4th Stoke - Tottenham (PL)

5th Tooting & Mitcham - Wigan (Ch)

2042/43

1st Arsenal - Exeter (Ch)

2nd Chelsea - Crewe (L1)

3rd Tooting & Mitcham - Bolton (L1)

4th Man City - QPR (PL)

5th Tottenham - Cardiff (Ch)

I had one meeting of the previous year's top five in those four years, you?

(1) Man City v Villa (7)

(9) Blackburn v Everton (6)

(17) West Ham v Pompy (20)

(18) Burnley v Bolton (10)

(2) Man Utd v Man City (1)

(18) Burnley v Blackburn (9) - Derby Game

(1) Man City v Villa (7)

(2) Man City v Liverpool (1)

(13) West Ham v Spurs (3)

(7) Man City v Liverpool (1)

I'll just edit this post its easier. Number in brackets is the previous seasons league position. For the 09/10 season the numbers in brackets are the position they finished THAT season as obviously there is no previous season. If you want to check the actual position for the 08/09 season you can do.

So thats the league positions from the previous season. Not that I think it makes much difference as I dont think one bad season would drop your rep that much.

EDIT: Id just like to point out that in the 11/12 season, West Ham actually finished 4th and Spurs 6th in the league. So when the draw was done in December its fair to say that the teams were close. Kinda makes the whole point of where they finished the season before irrelevent.

In 12/13, Man City v Liverpool, they ended that season 2nd and 3rd respectively. My theory is that the game already knows it wants to throw a few big games into the mix for each round of the draw. Its enevitable you will get them in the later rounds thats why im only drawing attention to the earlier rounds.

Just keep an eye out when you next have draws and look at the league positions of the teams at the times of the draws. Or maybe where they end up at the end of the season. Might give you an inclination as to what is going on

Villa v Spurs

Arsenal v Man Utd

Man City v Chelsea

Everton v Man City

Villa V Spurs

Man City v Spurs

Chelsea v Man Utd

Spurs v Man City

Arsenal v Man Utd

Chelsea v Man City

Everton v Chelsea

Man City v Liverpool

Spurs v Sunderland

Fulham v Villa

Man City v Villa

Blackburn v Everton

West Ham v Pompy

Burnley v Bolton

Man Utd v Man City

Burnley v Blackburn

Man City v Villa

Man City v Liverpool

West Ham v Spurs

Man City v Liverpool

the league cup 4th round is last 16 so chances of the top 4/5/7 avoiding each other every time is pretty slim.

the league cup 4th round is last 16 so chances of the top 4/5/7 avoiding each other every time is pretty slim.

i know that thats why I said FA Cup aswell but its always the first 2 rounds of each comp. Started another save and league cup 3rd round draw had Man City v Liverpool, Everton v Villa and Chelsea v Spurs

I'll just edit this post its easier. Number in brackets is the previous seasons league position. For the 09/10 season the numbers in brackets are the position they finished THAT season as obviously there is no previous season. If you want to check the actual position for the 08/09 season you can do.

So thats the league positions from the previous season. Not that I think it makes much difference as I dont think one bad season would drop your rep that much.

EDIT: Id just like to point out that in the 11/12 season, West Ham actually finished 4th and Spurs 6th in the league. So when the draw was done in December its fair to say that the teams were close. Kinda makes the whole point of where they finished the season before irrelevent.

In 12/13, Man City v Liverpool, they ended that season 2nd and 3rd respectively. My theory is that the game already knows it wants to throw a few big games into the mix for each round of the draw. Its enevitable you will get them in the later rounds thats why im only drawing attention to the earlier rounds.

Just keep an eye out when you next have draws and look at the league positions of the teams at the times of the draws. Or maybe where they end up at the end of the season. Might give you an inclination as to what is going on

If you take out the 4th round draws what does it look like? Is it one in four like mine or more/less?

If you take out the 4th round draws what does it look like? Is it one in four like mine or more/less?

Its probably about the same to be fair. Or maybe slightly more often but it does seem like the game wants to throw in at least 1 big tie every time. Im not saying the teams are pre selected but maybe a group of teams are pre selected then 2 of any of them will be drawn together.

It may just be my game or me looking too much into it. Just seems a bit funny thats all.

Anyway thanks for your efforts to actually look at your game and try to find something. Makes a change from the usual responses you get from other people :thup:

EDIT:

If you look at the draws ive already put down, where there is the same team twice, the second match involving that team is the 4th round draw.

Its probably about the same to be fair. Or maybe slightly more often but it does seem like the game wants to throw in at least 1 big tie every time. Im not saying the teams are pre selected but maybe a group of teams are pre selected then 2 of any of them will be drawn together.

It may just be my game or me looking too much into it. Just seems a bit funny thats all.

Anyway thanks for your efforts to actually look at your game and try to find something. Makes a change from the usual responses you get from other people :thup:

Thanks. Makes a change to have a reasoned fact based discussion about a conspiracy theory, usually they turn into petty bickering and name calling.

Anyway, why is it it is harder to win when drawn as the away team at a neutral venue? ;)

Thanks. Makes a change to have a reasoned fact based discussion about a conspiracy theory, usually they turn into petty bickering and name calling.

Anyway, why is it it is harder to win when drawn as the away team at a neutral venue? ;)

Ive noticed that. Ive just had a thought, is the favourite to win the match always drawn as the home team. Ive never noticed before. That could possibly be an answer.

its a bit crap tbh. Im Man Utd and I always seem to get Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool in the first 2 rounds of the cups. Its like the game wants to pair big teams in the cups all the time. Something should be done about how the draws are calculated

For what it's worth, I can assure you that the cup draws are entirely random. I'm sure a very big sample size would prove this when compared to real life draws.

It just seems as though you have been unlucky recently.

The code that decides who plays each other isn't aware of which team you are managing or even which teams are the big teams. There is certainly no bias coded in to make certain things happen (such as big teams play each other, or create big derby matches) - it really is just the luck of the draw.

However, just like real life, it is often amazing how the law of averages can still seem to be conspiring against us or creating bizarre coincidences. :)

For what it's worth, I can assure you that the cup draws are entirely random. I'm sure a very big sample size would prove this when compared to real life draws.

It just seems as though you have been unlucky recently.

The code that decides who plays each other isn't aware of which team you are managing or even which teams are the big teams. There is certainly no bias coded in to make certain things happen (such as big teams play each other, or create big derby matches) - it really is just the luck of the draw.

However, just like real life, it is often amazing how the law of averages can still seem to be conspiring against us or creating bizarre coincidences. :)

Ok no problem. Just seemed a bit strange and happened a bit too often. Its got to a point where I can kinda guarantee to myself its going to happen. I just pray it not me so at least 1 big team is getting knocked out :D. It is a game after all so I thought it may have been coded that way. That with the fact that the draw is pre-determined some time before the actual draw takes place.

just done the same with the fa cup 3rd round, i drew hull every time

whats the point in the game asking you to view the draw if its already picked who you are going to play ?

So you know who you are playing before you view the draw do you?

Archived