Estimated Value and Selling Players

Just started my third season as AFC Telford manager and thought I'd get rid of some fringe players to clear the wage bill a bit.

Now the player in question was a first team regular for more than half of last season and put in some good performances. (45 apps, 3 goals, 5 assists 7.00 average rating) (Set as ball winning midfielder on defend)

His Estimated value is 22k and he is 29. So that is what I offered first. 2 clubs are interested but no offer.

Next I got to 18k. Same story. So I tried 10k, now 3 clubs interested (2 transfer, 1 loan) but still no offer!!! :mad:

I dont understand why nobody would be interested in signing him, particularly as one of the clubs is in the same league as me (York (finished 6th last season) in BSP).

Surely I cant be the only team with a transfer budget? (Which I thought was kinda high but hey-ho :D)

Again with another player who is estimated at 10k but when I offer for 1k, nobody is interested???

Is there a trick to selling players or are the Estimates completely wrong?

Unless there is a "wnt" sign by the player, don't bother offering him out as you will rarely get an offer

Now, if teams are interested and you still get no offers, the reasons could be

a ) They lack the funds to either afford the transfer or wage (Or either is too high for their liking)

b ) At that point in time they feel he wouldn't be worth having

Just started my third season as AFC Telford manager and thought I'd get rid of some fringe players to clear the wage bill a bit.

Now the player in question was a first team regular for more than half of last season and put in some good performances. (45 apps, 3 goals, 5 assists 7.00 average rating) (Set as ball winning midfielder on defend)

His Estimated value is 22k and he is 29. So that is what I offered first. 2 clubs are interested but no offer.

Next I got to 18k. Same story. So I tried 10k, now 3 clubs interested (2 transfer, 1 loan) but still no offer!!! :mad:

I dont understand why nobody would be interested in signing him, particularly as one of the clubs is in the same league as me (York (finished 6th last season) in BSP).

Surely I cant be the only team with a transfer budget? (Which I thought was kinda high but hey-ho :D)

Again with another player who is estimated at 10k but when I offer for 1k, nobody is interested???

Is there a trick to selling players or are the Estimates completely wrong?

Yes, I find this when managing the lower leagues. Teams very rarely pay what the player is valued at so I just generally buy/sell for free.

Especially if you are offering them to other teams.

Archived