Is it just me or are headed goals extremely rare in this game? I seem to get tonnes of headed chances and never manage to score from them, they go over every time no matter who it is attacking the ball. I'm pretty sure its not down to my players as my strikers have good heading ability, and it frequently happens with my centre backs as well, I havent scored from a corner all season despite my defenders frequently winning the headers in good positions in the box. Does anyone else have this problem, or have any solutions in how to fix it? I have good crossers of the ball and everything, the delivery is great, but the header always ALWAYS goes over the bar.

From my observations, it seems that if the player is relatively static (as when facing a corner) the header will often go over. But if he is on the run and attacks the cross, there is a decent chance of it being on target.

Not scientific I know, but just what I've observed.

From my observations, it seems that if the player is relatively static (as when facing a corner) the header will often go over. But if he is on the run and attacks the cross, there is a decent chance of it being on target.

Not scientific I know, but just what I've observed.

And if there's a defender nearby he's more likely to miss i.e a small striker who is rubbish at jumping/heading but finds space in the area may get more headed goals than a slower bigger man.

i think there far too few headed goals at the top level due to this marking issue. Have a look at other goals scored in the division you're playing in and decide for yourself. It seems most on here play with player settings of more through balls and less crosses so that should give you your answer.

All mine are flying over the bar, I cant use wing play now because of it. As above, its probably because all forwards regens have rubbish jumping stats. I checked the forward ratings at most of the top 10 target me have single figure jumping stats.

If I attack wings, my shots are always like 24 shots, 5 on target, 19 off target.

Its a game breaking bug IMO. Ive only scored headers by using CBs at corners. I cant actually remember the last headed goal by a forward.

So it is just me then. Bugger.

No, it's not just you. If I hadn't started a save with Rangers recently then I'd be saying I probably hadn't seen a single player of mine scoring a headed goal, having spent a lot of time playing as Man Utd since 10.3 was released. Doesn't matter if it's Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans...whoever...they just will not score headers. But with Rangers, if it wasn't for headed goals then I'd probably be third or fourth in the league rather than first with a comfortable lead over Celtic.

Well I did an experiment about heading goals. I edited a player to be 250cm and 20 for jumping and heading. And, he scores every time a cross came for him :)

I dunno. Fellaini is close to that and he's yet to score from open play in 5 seasons (with his head) Cahill has 1 in 5 seasons.

I edited Chelseas defenders to 5 for heading and jumping and they still conceeded very few goals (10 in 20 league games)

Is it just me or are headed goals extremely rare in this game? I seem to get tonnes of headed chances and never manage to score from them, they go over every time no matter who it is attacking the ball. I'm pretty sure its not down to my players as my strikers have good heading ability, and it frequently happens with my centre backs as well, I havent scored from a corner all season despite my defenders frequently winning the headers in good positions in the box. Does anyone else have this problem, or have any solutions in how to fix it? I have good crossers of the ball and everything, the delivery is great, but the header always ALWAYS goes over the bar.

Are we playing the same game? like one third of my goals are headers. My record holder 'goals in 1 match' made all the 5 goals with his head in that match... Must be your instructions. Both my strikers are regens and have above 12 jumping and above 15 heading. I don't buy strikers shorter than 1m85 ;)

Are we playing the same game? like one third of my goals are headers. My record holder 'goals in 1 match' made all the 5 goals with his head in that match... Must be your instructions. Both my strikers are regens and have above 12 jumping and above 15 heading. I don't buy strikers shorter than 1m85 ;)

what league re you playing in? I notice a lot of headed goals in lower leagues becaus emarking = shocking. At top level where the marking is better = loads of balooning header over bar.

I don't think they are "rare" as I've seen a reasonable number of headed goals when playing with patch 10.3 (is that what you are using btw?) but from my experience the conversion rate of good, headed chances, to goals, seems to be low. My wide players are popping in a lot of good crosses that are being attacked in the 6 yd box by my strikers, who are pretty decent at heading, but most go over the bar.

I think this is something to do with the changes in the match engine in 10.3. In 10.2 the engine favoured narrow play and this was adjusted in 10.3 to make wide play more effective. This in turn produced a lot of crosses, so I think what has happened is that SI have turned down the header conversion rate to keep scores realistic.

I don't think they are "rare" as I've seen a reasonable number of headed goals when playing with patch 10.3 (is that what you are using btw?) but from my experience the conversion rate of good, headed chances, to goals, seems to be low. My wide players are popping in a lot of good crosses that are being attacked in the 6 yd box by my strikers, who are pretty decent at heading, but most go over the bar.

I think this is something to do with the changes in the match engine in 10.3. In 10.2 the engine favoured narrow play and this was adjusted in 10.3 to make wide play more effective. This in turn produced a lot of crosses, so I think what has happened is that SI have turned down the header conversion rate to keep scores realistic.

Except narrow play is still hugely favoured. They've made wide play no more effective by increasing number of crosses connected with = less being converted. Still way more goals scored from through ball.

Archived