Regen Nationalites

I wonder if its related to your scouting knowledge?

As an English club, I've only have one non-Englishman from the Academy and he was Hungarian. Mind you, I'm Newcastle rather than some massive global club like Man Utd or Liverpool.

So no chance of obscure nationalities?

Presumably can if they're living close by. Your club might just hypothetically find a job for a French bloke as a deputy assistant vice groundsman, and his missus and 16 year old son might just come over and the kid might coincidentally have been nurtured by a footballing academy in France.

Presumably can if they're living close by. Your club might just hypothetically find a job for a French bloke as a deputy assistant vice groundsman, and his missus and 16 year old son might just come over and the kid might coincidentally have been nurtured by a footballing academy in France.

Thats the dream..

Is Liverpool within 50 miles of the scottish border. Coz i got a guy born in scotland in my youth squad. Anyway there's nothing saying that a player has to be living in the same place he was born so FM could do whatever it likes.

Not unless it's a second nationality.

They don't even need to have English as a second nationality.

I've just had a flick through the U18 squads in the Premiership in my open game at the minute and found a Spaniard in the Bolton side. He was born in Bilbao, he's got Spanish and Basque nationality and has apparently been in the UK for 621 days (this is his first season in the game, so he was presumably living in Bolton for a year before turning up in the U18 team). A couple of Belgians in the Liverpool squad are the same (one of them actually has Italian as a second nationality :D)

A player coming into the youth ranks of an English side who has a foreign nationality will either have "English" or "British" as a second nationality (will not require a work permit and will be eligible to play for England), or they'll have 365 days of the required 1825 for British citizenship, meaning it takes four years rather than the usual five for them to get British citizenship :)

They don't even need to have English as a second nationality.

I've just had a flick through the U18 squads in the Premiership in my open game at the minute and found a Spaniard in the Bolton side. He was born in Bilbao, he's got Spanish and Basque nationality and has apparently been in the UK for 621 days (this is his first season in the game, so he was presumably living in Bolton for a year before turning up in the U18 team). A couple of Belgians in the Liverpool squad are the same (one of them actually has Italian as a second nationality :D)

A player coming into the youth ranks of an English side who has a foreign nationality will either have "English" or "British" as a second nationality (will not require a work permit and will be eligible to play for England), or they'll have 365 days of the required 1825 for British citizenship, meaning it takes four years rather than the usual five for them to get British citizenship :)

Good news :) Cheers buddie.

When I was playing Leeds I got Commercial Link with a China's club through affiliated teams. After a few years, I got a pacy leftback, and he was rated as a potentially good premiership player. As mentioned above, the player has to be dual nationality. Surprisingly he got selected for England and got 2 caps, though his English was rated only as basic at that time and his stats werent that great. Love his name though, Long Ren. Fitting name for him as as a fullback.

I got another affiliation with an American club, and got 1 Yankee/English newgen. Was quite ok but sold him to spurs.

IIRC, Dual Nationality tend to only happens if the player is from a nation which causes the player to fall outside of playing restrictions (ie. WP for Britain... foreigner selection for nations with such rules)

At the same time, I've found too have a number of youths with 2nd Nationalities of other countries (So at first glance they're English/Scottish/etc, but can play for other countries)

I wonder if its related to your scouting knowledge?

As an English club, I've only have one non-Englishman from the Academy and he was Hungarian. Mind you, I'm Newcastle rather than some massive global club like Man Utd or Liverpool.

Was he any good ? :)

i think something like 95% of your regens, sorry Neps :), will be the same nationality as the country your stadium is in and the others will have their nationalities based on the scouting knowledge of the club which can come from the nationalities of your players, staff or you, the knowledge of countries your scouts have picked up or any countries you have feeder or parent clubs in.

I am alwaysa Polish coach, thus my knowlede of Poland is 100%. So should I get Polish regens when managing teams like Roma?

Possibly, but it's random. My manager's Scottish/N.Irish but last time I played as an English side the only one I got who wasn't English was a Nigerian.

Most of your regens will have the nationality of the location of your stadium, so if you move Old Trafford to China you should get Chinese regens, for example.

I think the rest of the games have always had a bias towards your own nationality, but other regens will be generated based on your scouting knowledge. I've never had Spanish staff but full Spanish scouting knowledge and have had several Spanish regens come through. A couple of Saint Lucians as well - my in-game nationality.

Most of your regens will have the nationality of the location of your stadium, so if you move Old Trafford to China you should get Chinese regens, for example.
Ah, so that's how San Marino and Vaduz get a number of newgens from San Marino and Liechtenstein despite the fact that they play in the Italian and Swiss leagues? Interesting :)

Ah, so that's how San Marino and Vaduz get a number of newgens from San Marino and Liechtenstein despite the fact that they play in the Italian and Swiss leagues? Interesting :)

Yes, and similarly how the Welsh teams in the English system (i.e. Cardiff, Swansea, etc.) get mostly Welsh - not English - regens.

Of course, a point to note is that often times a regen of your nationality is generated because you would provide that knowledge to your club! And so second nationalities are always useful if you're aiming for that much more diversity.

As Fiorentina, I chose Changchun, a Chinese club as my feeder club. Come June 30th, I get a chinese bloke with italian dual nationality, and he was born in, yep you guessed it, Changchun.

Feeder club do have a MASSIVE effect on youth intake nationalities. I do not think that the nationalities of the youth coaches does though.

In FM09 just looking around at random regens on one game, I came across a Brazilian, Irish, German regen, with an Irish name, and Brazilian birthplace (so obviously Irish father, German mother). He was rated quite good, so I bought him, but never used him as FM10 came out soon after.

As Fiorentina, I chose Changchun, a Chinese club as my feeder club. Come June 30th, I get a chinese bloke with italian dual nationality, and he was born in, yep you guessed it, Changchun.

Feeder club do have a MASSIVE effect on youth intake nationalities. I do not think that the nationalities of the youth coaches does though.

Mostly because getting a feeder from a country almost always gives you full knowledge of that country (as well as whatever other knowledge they have as well).

For example, Fiorentina pick Changchun as a feeder, and will then get (almost assuredly) 100% scouting knowledge of China PR. Most likely you'll also get things like some knowledge of Hong Kong and other East Asian countries. If Changchun has, say, a Coatian manager and a Bolivian coach who also happens to have worked in Mexico for a long time, you'd get all those too, up till the percentage that the staff have.

With this, of course, you could theoretically have complete global knowledge of the footballing world in terms of scouting knowledge in FM, by recruiting the right staff, picking the right feeders and using scouts effectively.

Your own knowledge is also affected by relationships with other staff and managers totally unaffiliated to your club. If, for example, Mario Zagallo starts becoming good buddies with you, you might then "inherit" his knowledge (Brazil, etc) just like that. Unsure if this persists if the relationship deteriorates, but I'd imagine it won't, seeing as how I envision it as something like your smart friend passing along knowledge to you from time to time.

Archived