The season from hell

Should I resign? Go on holiday. (maybe eject the umd) I might as well... I got Chester into the Premiership last season with a great squad and fine performances all around. My first season in the Premiership however is just a failure... I can't win. I tie or lose every single game by 1 goal. 1 fricken goal!!!! I haven't been blown out of a single match at all. Even cup games against lesser sides, I lose in penalties or in ET.

My record is 2-12-14 with a GD of -16. I have 18pts and am 10pts away from staying clear of relegation. It's already the start of March. Everyone above me up until 12th place has a goal differential more negative (worse) than my team. However they have practically 2x the number of pts and 5x the number of wins. Tactic changes don't seem to make a difference. Every game is a tie or 1 goal loss. Finances are safe, security is safe... wth?!

Has anyone else ever experienced a season like this?

Should I resign? Go on holiday. (maybe eject the umd) I might as well... I got Chester into the Premiership last season with a great squad and fine performances all around. My first season in the Premiership however is just a failure... I can't win. I tie or lose every single game by 1 goal. 1 fricken goal!!!! I haven't been blown out of a single match at all. Even cup games against lesser sides, I lose in penalties or in ET.

My record is 2-12-14 with a GD of -16. I have 18pts and am 10pts away from staying clear of relegation. It's already the start of March. Everyone above me up until 12th place has a goal differential more negative (worse) than my team. However they have practically 2x the number of pts and 5x the number of wins. Tactic changes don't seem to make a difference. Every game is a tie or 1 goal loss. Finances are safe, security is safe... wth?!

Has anyone else ever experienced a season like this?

Unreal...

I finished 17th with 39pts and avoided relegation by 2pts. Final record was 8-15-15 and a GD of -8. I ended a 14 game winless streak with victories against Chelsea, Arsenal (away), and Man U... lol!

I didn't adjust my tactics. The only changes made were with the lineup because of injuries - apparently half my team threw themselves down the stairs with joy at the breaking of our winless streak (including my star striker who is out now for 5 months with a hip injury). Chester survives!

I had a season like that once. I had won the SPL 4 times on the trot with Hearts, then when going for my 5th successive title, I was completely un-consistent. Couldn't string more than about 3 wins together all season, ended up 7th. Sum 35ish points behind Celtic icon13.gif

my st albans team went crums over 2 seasons got them from confrence to championship in 8 seasons finish 9th in my first season in the championship missing playoffs by 4 pts and the second finished 4th and lost to aston villa in the playoff final 3rd season finish 17th fourth season 24 with only 3 wins 5 draws try and get worse than that without getting fired i got the sack after losing alot of players and finishing about 19th in league 1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> my st albans team went crums over 2 seasons got them from confrence to championship in 8 seasons finish 9th in my first season in the championship missing playoffs by 4 pts and the second finished 4th and lost to aston villa in the playoff final 3rd season finish 17th fourth season 24 with only 3 wins 5 draws try and get worse than that without getting fired i got the sack after losing alot of players and finishing about 19th in league 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> sorry should be 3 seasons

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toftyboy444:

my st albans team went crums over 2 seasons got them from confrence to championship in 8 seasons finish 9th in my first season in the championship missing playoffs by 4 pts and the second finished 4th and lost to aston villa in the playoff final 3rd season finish 17th fourth season 24 with only 3 wins 5 draws try and get worse than that without getting fired i got the sack after losing alot of players and finishing about 19th in league 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I don't feel so bad icon_smile.gif

I haven't started the new premiership season yet, but will soon. I kept seeing everyone posting about never losing a game for a whole season, winning cup and league titles over and over, etc. So I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who has some good seasons and some horribly bad ones.

Hopefully my wage budget will increase and I'll be able to make some key transfers that will help me to a better finish this upcoming season. Previously, all my players who were used to 500 - 4k wages are acting all high and mighty now that we're in the premiership and are asking for 8k - 16k wages on renewals which I can't afford...greedy

Archived