Worst Brazil manager ever?!

This should probably be in the funny screen shots thread but I want everyone to be as gobsmacked by this as I was. After the 2014 WC (held in Brazil) the Brazil manager stepped down - nothing that unusual I hear you say but the manager was none other than former Bristol City 'keeper Adrian Basso in his 1st ever management job! He never played higher than the Championship, never successfully played in Brazil and his management stats are terrible. I could have forgiven those if he had a stellar management career but this was his 1st job! how random is that.

adrianobasso.png

Happens all the time with Brazil, they hire ex-players in my game who fail miserably.

In one of my long term games, after Dunga, they had Rivaldo, Paulo Autuori, Ronaldinho, Leonardo, Cris, Julio Baptista, Mancini (the Inter winger), and now Cicinho.

Compared to England, who've had Capello, Pearce and Michael Owen in the same period.

Wel, Brazil fire their manager very fast. U was their latest casualty. I was doing very well in the WC qualifiers, until I drew a match in the confederations cup against Japan. And I immediately got the sack :(.

Just checked their record and no one ever quit the job, all got fired.

On my game, a manager got the sack after 3 games I think. Won 2, but then lost a qualifier for something, if I remember correctly. They offered me the job next, I politely refused.

I got sacked after 3 games while top of the table just for losing away to Argentina.

It seems the Brazil manager is sacked after every loss in my game.

I am not denying that Brazil hire ex-players or even hire and fire too quickly...but Adrian Basso seriously?!?!?! All the names you have given are world-renowned players, not Championship never-will-be's!

On my game, a manager got the sack after 3 games I think. Won 2, but then lost a qualifier for something, if I remember correctly. They offered me the job next, I politely refused.
At least that manager got 3 games. If he checks this thread, ask dafuge to link to his Brazil screenshots. In his game there was one Brazil manager who got sacked after just a single week in charge. Surely that's the worst Brazil manager ever? :D
In my long term save (leeds utd since day 1 now in 2026) , i have just been appointed brazil manager. They are ranked 14th, i have won 4 from 4 so far.
In case the other posts in this thread haven't made you aware of this, when you say "I have won X from Y so far." note that when you're Brazil manager, as soon as X ≠ Y, you get the sack :p They're worse than QPR for going through managers.

Is Brazil's eagerness to work through managers hard coded or an attribute in the editor, as surely people could tweak it down a tad in their next games. Brazil do go through spells of rapidly changing their managers in RL, but not after ever single non-win.

Archived