An unusually short loan

Alright, so I decided to loan in Martin Palermo halfway through the season since Ilan, Lambert, and Petrucci are all injury prone. He arrives in January for a loan fee of 1m, and then this happens:

martinpalermo.jpg

His loan finishes the exact same day that he came in. No, I did not accidentally cancel his loan. All I did was set his training and assign him a squad number. His loan was just terminated. I'm a bit miffed about it as well since I spent 1m on him.

A bit odd, wouldn't you say?

must be a bug, but why would you spend 1m to loan a player worth only 95K? Surely you could have bought him for much less than 1m.

Yes, and also we could argue that he could have loaned a younger more versatile player, but the point is he threw 1 M out on the window.

hahhahahahahahahahaha as if youd spend 1 mil on him aha

very productive post...

man seriously...stop...

back to topic...

1) yes the loan move from your side was bad anyway

2) that however does not justify the bug

are you sure you loaned him for more than a day? i am not even sure you can do that!

very productive post...

man seriously...stop...

back to topic...

1) yes the loan move from your side was bad anyway

2) that however does not justify the bug

are you sure you loaned him for more than a day? i am not even sure you can do that!

I don't think you can i think the shortest loan you can have is 3 months.

stop making stupid posts just to raise your post count. do you think this will get you respect?

on topic, maybe he got injured or the other team cancelled the loan (it is not possible after fee is paid but still) . maybe you set it as a rule "he can be recalled"

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

im not after respect from you or any one. and im not trying to raise my count just having a bit of fun about the game lighten up

I think he just saw Southampton and decided enough was enough. Trust me I've been there. :)

But, seriously. Is it possible he had already set his retirement date for 1st January? Can you access him in game now? I think it has to be some sort of in game trigger for that particular player rather than a straight-forward bug.

How many other players do you have on loan? Could it be something to do with the transfer window?

It might be an idea to post this to the bugs forum with a save game (so that SI can have a look at it), and go back a save, if you have it. I know how frustrated you are going to feel because I've had problems that have damaged an enjoyable game, but you can avoid this happening.

Yeah but he's 37 in this guys game so he's not going to be very impressive anymore.

True but maybe he could have been a super sub like give him 20 minutes and concentrate the attacking moves on him ;)

To the topic:

- when did you arrange he's loan?

- where there any specifications involved like loan for a month

- did they withdraw the money from your account?

- did he's contract expire on 1st of January

- maybe it's something with Argentinian seasons are different from ours they end at January (or start) maybe you set the loan until the end of the season, so when the transfer period came in January then the season ended so to speak.

The 1m was probably how much the club wanted to loan him. One club wanted 2.5m from me to loan a back up goalie for 3 months. I had no choice and did but couldnt even register him.

Surely things like this don't happen in real life or nobody would ever do it unless it was pretend money they didnt mind wasting like on a simulator.

True but maybe he could have been a super sub like give him 20 minutes and concentrate the attacking moves on him ;)

To the topic:

- when did you arrange he's loan?

- where there any specifications involved like loan for a month

- did they withdraw the money from your account?

- did he's contract expire on 1st of January

- maybe it's something with Argentinian seasons are different from ours they end at January (or start) maybe you set the loan until the end of the season, so when the transfer period came in January then the season ended so to speak.

From looking at it he's at HSV, in Germany. Looks like a bug tbh mate, I may be wrong, and unlucky with it. Probably a bit much to pay for a 37 year old, but as an impact player in the last twenty minutes he could be useful. And vital for tutoring younger player. Sometimes it's only feasible to loan the player, even if it works out more expensive for the season, eg I have had to loan van der Vaart for a second season, paying 60% of wage and also paying £600k loan fee, because the board wouldn't allow me more money to pay his wage. And that's not really the point of the thread is it, he didn't ask if it's a good signing?

Looking at his age though, perhaps he retired or does that only happen end of season? I noticed something annoying trying to sign an aged Camaronesi, he wanted to sign as a player, but I could only offer him coach roles, so he has instead rotted in Real Madrid reserves.

I think it is most likely to be to do with the end of the season in Argentina. Can't remember exactly when it is but this could be it and you just got mugged by the Argies!

If no logical explanation I would suggest it is an unlucky bug and I would hope you'd do us all a favour and post this in the bug forum.

I think it is most likely to be to do with the end of the season in Argentina. Can't remember exactly when it is but this could be it and you just got mugged by the Argies!

If no logical explanation I would suggest it is an unlucky bug and I would hope you'd do us all a favour and post this in the bug forum.

This is probably the correct one, the season in most of S. America (if not all) goes with the calendar year so an end-of-season loan is to January only. The OP just got done by some sharp trading on the part of Boca.

As regards the "can be recalled" clause you cannot insert this if there's a fee (for obvious reasons).

And finally Martin Palermo is hot property in the game (most versions). I have seen him go for upwards of £4m to good clubs (e.g. Lille) at the start of the game when he's 36.

Yeah, it was a terrible loan, but southampton has tons of money and I didn't really want to go through negotiations with HSV.

He was taken up on a free by HSV, so he wasn't in Argentina anymore. He was in Germany.

Maybe thats why he went? He got sold, simples!

Archived