Help me please

i have been playing FM10 for ages now but am starting to find it difficult to get into a decent save.

teams that i have been recently are

Hull, 4th season in and still struggling with trying stay in the prem

Southampton, 2nd season in missed out on playoffs in 1st season and heart just not in it 2nd season

Frankfurt 1st season, started off well but got bored quickly of the german league

tried starting a few career games unemployed and trying to build up a dynsty but after the inital setting up of the team i lose interest!

can someone give me a few ideas of what i can do to motivate myself into a long save

if you don't enjoy the game then why play it? It's not mandatory.

That said some saves will just not have the x factor and i have lost interest before, even before the league started! I lost interest in my Athletico madrid save after 2 weeks in the job, but my napoli one i lover every minute of, and i have just gotten 4th in a very tough league.

I reckon you either go for one of the bigger leagues-Italy(fun), Spain, England, Germany, Holland-and choose a team that has a smattering of decent players but mid table, respectable aspirations and a bit of money and get them into europe and build from there, or you go to less commericial league in Brazil or Japan possibly, or failing that get a league 2 side or lower and build them into a european club over 20yrs or so.

I recommend italy. It's harder than the EPL, in that almost every team in Serie A has atleast 1 or 2 good players. Technically it is a very good league. Or managing in Serie B or C and it's sub-divisions seems fun.

But if you can't get interested in any of these leagues then perhaps not the game for you?

Well the obvious advice is to play with your favorite club, if that's boring, try search for a club in google and look up its history, if you like the club try playing as it, you might discover a connection and it'll be more interesting, more personal than just playing with a random Premier League side..

Try setting goals for yourself, like take over a random (or chosen) club and go for that goal (4th spot with an average club), if you fail, don't restart the game, just move on to a different goal, or simply resign and look for a job elsewhere and look for another goal to accomplish, maybe creating an under-25 squad, or all-English squad, stuff like that.

If you're having trouble winning games, try playing with the bug clubs to get the taste of success then try with a lower stature club, and apply what you've "learned" from the big club.

I don't have long saves either, mostly because a new version of FM knocks on my door and kills its predecessor, sometimes they "break" and I have to start over, but everyone here have at least 10 different saves, I can guarantee you tha :) So don't worry, just keep trying and you'll find a club that'll keep you going.

Oh yes, you might want to create your own club in the editor and give it a shot.

Or in that line of thought, create yourself as a player and manage the club you're in.

Create your friends or people you know and follow their careers.

Hope it gave you some ideas mate.

Edit:

Also, visit the Good Players & Team Guide subforum and read the threads there.

I don't visit there often so I'm not sure of the following.. people create threads about their FM save in an interactive way, as if they're telling a story, some with more pictures, some rely on big walls of text, but they're all (well.. most) very interesting and may inspire you to manage a club and follow their lead, it's still YOUR game, not theirs.

i tend to get bored easily but i love a good game! just wish my laptop was good enough for one ha!

one way ive found to get around this is to load a league from each continent, then start unemployed and work my way up, dominating each continent at both club then international level :D

just been playing one where i won the Maltese league, moved to egypt, promoted some team, took them to World Club Championships and then resigned and took the Vanuatu international team to the OCE Nations semis, before my game Crash Dumped and wont let me play that semi final game :(

yeah! i did it on fm09, i was with Wellington Phoenix after leaving ABC in Brazilian 3rd ha, i finished 8th two seasons in a row so i know what you mean :(

went to India after that though, did good there and got a move to Europe.. aah the good ole days :)

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

i won it woht brisbane roar my local team. took me 4 years. hahahaha then qualified for asian champs league its so hard with an aussie team coudlnt make it through the group stage haha

I think that if you win the Aussie league it opens up all sorts of opportunities though, Pan-Oceanic Championships? (dunno if thats on FM10 but it was on 09) and obviously now the Asian Champs, and the World Club if you win/won Pan-Oceanic...

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

yer it does plaenty of compitions its good fun just a challenge with the salary cap etc

dont get me wrong i love the game - even almost got into a massive argument when i bought a new compupter just to run fm10 rather than put money towards a car -i have had numerous sucess with the game in previous versions, what about this for an idea - start with the lowest rep and build myself up 2 worldclass manager, how long would that take do you think

ages, but its fun :p

I generally start unemployed, previous experience: automatic and take it from there, usually ending up either Crash Dumping :thdn: or managing some world class country/team, but I prefer the lower leagues, so I guess I get bored of winning all the time, give it a shot? Like I was saying before, you should try run a league from each continent or something, try add another dimension to your game, dominate the WORLD!

Archived