This may seem silly to ask...

but do you get job offers?

I'm in my fifth season with Liverpool and I'm yet to approached by a club to ask if they want me to take over from their sacked manager nor have I been linked with any post?

Silly to ask of course but still, everyone's a noob at some point.

When you are managing at a lower level, as your rep increases your chances of being linked with and offered jobs increases, but as you are already managing Liverpool lots of clubs will either consider you out of their league or not experienced enough yet if it's a really top side like R. Madrid or Barca.

You have a better chance of being offered international jobs if you are already managing a top club. I'm in my fifth season with Liverpool and last season I was offered the Croatia job and earlier this season I got offered the Brazil job twice in three months.

Depends on your current situation. I've been offered the Brazil job in 2023, despite having no brazilian players for my club team, or having shown any interest in the position. And seeing as I'm England Manager, and attempting to take them to Glory In the Euro's (I've only been boss a year or so), I can't see why they'd offer it.

Depends on your current situation. I've been offered the Brazil job in 2023, despite having no brazilian players for my club team, or having shown any interest in the position. And seeing as I'm England Manager, and attempting to take them to Glory In the Euro's (I've only been boss a year or so), I can't see why they'd offer it.

I was in the middle of the semi's (with England) of the 2014 world cup when brazil lost and offered me the job. The choice was take the job or play Mexico in the world cup final!!

I turned them down and kicked Mexico so hard they probably landed back home....

But can you imagine IRL??!! a manager turning down a job he was publicly offered for the country that's hosting the world cup! Talk about taking extra security measures!

i get offered jobs all the time, but i think, and someones already mentioned it, that being at lower clubs leads to this....

i get annoyed though that after a season or two anywhere im getting linked with Liverpool :(

bit unrealistic? I was with Maleyet Kafr El Zayet in Egypt ha, and i had to release a press statement saying im not interested lol

mind you, its no worse than FIFAs manager mode, where if you enjoy some success, you can only stay at the team you're at or go to a BIG club :(

I actually quite like Leeds, ever since they beat Utd in the cup that is.

The normal hatred for them has turned into a fuzzy warm feeling. I must be getting soft.

Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully get some offers. I'm on a journey man save but this Liverpool team is doing well. :)

I actually quite like Leeds, ever since they beat Utd in the cup that is.
You'll probably find that you're not alone...not because of the fluke victory over Man Utd, but because after that match they self-destructed; they let that result get to their heads or something and their league form has gone down the toilet :D They were 11 points clear of Norwich and 20 ahead of Millwall (with a game in hand over Millwall as well) at the turn of the year. Now they're 11 behind Norwich and level on points with Millwall (now without that game in hand). Millwall weren't even in the playoff places at the time - Leeds are fortunate to still be in the automatic positions because teams like Charlton and Colchester have struggled in the past few months as well, meaning they couldn't capitalise on Leeds' misfortune.
Leeds have large breasts?!
They've got some massive tits, like Jermaine Beckford ;)
I find a lot of strange job offers in this game. For instance, ive known people managing in the english lower leagues to be offered, not just linked, the Milan job. Unbelievable.
I thought that sort of thing was 'fixed' now? I remember in one of the recent games (FM08?) it wasn't uncommon for a manager from the Blue Square Premier/North/South to get the England job. Always hilarious seeing someone go from a club like Ebbsfleet straight to England :D

I'm in my 2nd season, started with Blyth in BSN, won the league and currently 8th in the BSP - had my name mentioned with lots of clubs in Scotland and League 1/Championship in England.

Only one conrete offer from Darlington, 20th in League 2.

Started as default on the previous experience tab and now my reputation is local, so being offered the Darlo job seems right as it is local to Blyth.

Archived