EPL registration, is it bugged?

I'm running the 10.0.3 patch and after masterminding Notts. County's rise from League 2 stalwarts to Premiership new guns I'm now having trouble getting registered for the competition. The date is the 3rd of September 2012 and after happily making my transfers and loaning out (as I thought) unneeded players the auto assign button keeps assigning me a squad that is under the quota of homegrown players so I tried reloading the game and selecting different players but when i right click on players such as Gavin Hoyte (no where near good enough but matching the training criteria ) they are added to the squad registration number but not to the HG number, I also notice i had 23 numbers assigned before clicking on Hoyte, after i have 24 but when I right click again to remove him it goes up not down! it really doesnt make sense to me and I'm getting close to giving up. this is the first time I've attempted to take a properly lower league team through the leagues but now can't get started in the Prmiership.

Ok, so I went on holiday for they day and my assistant made a mess of the selection but it seems I have to go with it... I've saved the game just in case there is a way to resolve the issue. Is it a bug or what?

Archived