Transfers cancelled after transfer deadline

Anyone else get frustrated with this?

OK, it's understandable that transfers can't go through after the deadline, but an option to continue negotiations might be useful: at the moment, it also cancels transfers that are due to go through at the end of the season, and I just had a message telling me that a loan would go through on the 5th February... only to have another message right afterwards telling me that it'd been cancelled due to the end of the deadline.

Surely it's simple to change this?

Usually my mistake comes when i set the transfer for the end of the season and I'm waiting eagerly for the player to arrive in a couple of days, just to notice on deadline day that he's coming but a year later :(

For the topic starter, I know my advice might upset you but try to tie up contracts before the transfer period begins and only leave the most questionable ones for that time. (expired contracts, expiring contracts :D)

transfers that have a set day don't get cancelled. for example if it is june 2009 and you have arranged a transfer for january 2010, it will not be cancelled.

Only if it's confirmed before the deadline. Otherwise, one that you're trying to arrange in, say, January, to go ahead at the start of July, will be cancelled if the negotiations are still ongoing. It's irritating.

I agree, it's annoying, and maybe abit silly tbh

I reckon, if a transfer offer is ongoing come deadline day, you should be presented with the option of either cancelling it, or still go ahead and have it arranged for the next transfer period

I believe this would be both realistic and preferred, as many clubs do cancel offers if they aren't completed in time, but it has been known for clubs just to rearrange them to go through at a future date

Archived