Crash Dumps

Surely crash dumps are written into the code of the game as the box comes up so is there no way they can be predicted and the game either automatically backs up or you are prompted to save? Or if it's down to memory being overused a way of pausing the game and stopping it processing so you can close other processes and then go back to FM. Possibly even just a new way of dealing with errors that means crashes are avoided and you can carry on. Other games don't have these problems and it's not acceptable. Everyone goes on about how much SI care about the game and play it themselves but maybe the reason crashes aren't fixed is that you all play with supercomputers that few people have

Crash dumps could be caused by a huge variety of reasons. Machine under-spec, video or sound driver incompatibilities, java not up to date, directx not up to date, incompatibilities with data edits, facepacks etc....

Sorry you're struggling - can I recommend that you contact Customer Services and see if they can help you out getting the game running?

I am not sure if you are looking for a response but I will try to explain some of the issues.

A crash dump is generated by Windows ( or other operating systems ) to advise when there has been a system conflict that has caused a program or application to close. There are many reasons for this, some of which are related to the program/application and most of which are hardware/driver/software conflict.

There have undoubtedly been some issues that have been traced to coding and these have been addressed in the game patches. The larger % have usually been caused by non game issues or over-stretched computers and due to the almost infinite computer/software configerations are very difficult to diagnose and rectify. SI do not release a game, knowing that it is going to crash and a very large % of users have no issues. Most users with issues can usually be helped.

Anyone with an ongoing problem is welcome to open a thread in the Support for PC users forum and I will have a look

Don't blame it on anything we may have done to the game it is solely the fault of SI my game starts new saves on 10.0.0 but not 10.3.0 so it is clear that SI need to sort it not us. How about instead of us ringing expensive call centres SI give us a ring and apologise for another great shambolic game!

No, it's not solely the fault of SI as has been explained.

If you'd like to register your details for support and PM me your phone number I will have someone call you as I'd like your problem to be solved. It costs nothing at all to register - you can do it online, here:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Archived