International and Club Management -Conflict of interest?

Just been offered the England job in 2014 after five seasons trying to get Leeds into Europe.

On accepting i get a message about additional pressure and conflict of interests

Question is on taking on both jobs will this affect the club and players morale in anyway ? ie spends more time on England than us type of thing. Should be scouting for Leeds rather than England.

Challenge of managing a new fresh England team is a pull but reluctant to spoil all the hard work (won nothing yet) put into Leeds

Anyone done this and lived to regret it ?

Saved game at the point of offer before i make a decision

What about if i turn it down ? Lack of ambition ? Scared of the challenge ?

Can't wait for work tomorrow ,too many decisons to make here

I've done it many a time, never a problem with players morale, actually boosts the teams morale when the international team gets an influx of <state your teams name here> players :D

More a question of if your willing to put in the time on the international side, I always quit the international job after major competitions because I hate it when I've got an important club game coming up but I've got a couple of meaningless international friendlies to get through. To do the international job properly you really have to watch a lot of games for the fringe players.

I managed Italy for a while, yes you can certainly exploit the system. For example, giving caps to your own players to make their value go up, give the first cap to some talented young player so you end up in his favorite list, and makes it easier to sign him later on.

It was a pain in the ass though to look through the national pool and pick the team.

Depends how much you want to exploit it, but it's pretty great in general. :D

If you have a big league clash coming up three days after a qualifier, you have the option to rest your star(s) (or if you're feeling a bit more devilish, play your opposition's players into the ground).

And the nicest benefit is that, as far as I know, once you're a national manager a lot if not all the nation's players attributes are revealed. Great if you want to find that next star before anybody else (I usually set the filter to age under 17 and one of technique/creativity/positioning/anticipation above 12)

Archived