The 8.0.2 New Game Attributes "Problem"

Well done SI on the patch - at least from what I have played so far it seems quite good! Thank you.

I know that there is another thread concerning this problem but I thought it would be useful to start a new one dedicated to it because it seems to be intertwined with something else...

There is something that is rather confusing me. In 8.0.1, I noticed that if, in the data editor someone had a stat of say, 17, for dribbling, then it would be a bit higher in the game itself. I've just discovered that this was intentional - in order to add a "random element" to the game. This would mean then that all players would fall under it, correct?

In the new game it seems that some people are unaffected, some players are seriously affected adversely and some people are grossly overestimated... some might say that this should be posted in the data forum but I think this is more something for the overall game. For example someone like Ronaldo who is arguably the world's best player right now is being portrayed as being inferior to Elano - realistic?

I'd like to ask - why was the random element taken out of the game? Players like Tevez and Rooney are being portrayed almost as Championship players. A lot of teams are almost having half of their talent wiped away because of this big drop in attributes.

I should point out that I haven't gone too far yet in my new game so I'm not sure if training would bump the stats back up - but even if it did I'm sure the change wouldn't be drastic enough to increase the stats to what they were pre patch, which, in my opinion, were very realistic and well done. Anyone know about this yet?

Any answers would be appreciated.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done SI on the patch - at least from what I have played so far it seems quite good! Thank you.

I know that there is another thread concerning this problem but I thought it would be useful to start a new one dedicated to it because it seems to be intertwined with something else...

There is something that is rather confusing me. In 8.0.1, I noticed that if, in the data editor someone had a stat of say, 17, for dribbling, then it would be a bit higher in the game itself. I've just discovered that this was intentional - in order to add a "random element" to the game. This would mean then that all players would fall under it, correct?

In the new game it seems that some people are unaffected, some players are seriously affected adversely and some people are grossly overestimated... some might say that this should be posted in the data forum but I think this is more something for the overall game. For example someone like Ronaldo who is arguably the world's best player right now is being portrayed as being inferior to Elano - realistic?

I'd like to ask - why was the random element taken out of the game? Players like Tevez and Rooney are being portrayed almost as Championship players. A lot of teams are almost having half of their talent wiped away because of this big drop in attributes.

I should point out that I haven't gone too far yet in my new game so I'm not sure if training would bump the stats back up - but even if it did I'm sure the change wouldn't be drastic enough to increase the stats to what they were pre patch, which, in my opinion, were very realistic and well done. Anyone know about this yet?

Any answers would be appreciated.

I've started up a new game on the 8.0.2 patch and haven't pressed continue yet. I'm just looking at player attributes in different teams and I have to say I'm disappointed. Some players' attributes seem to have been massacred.

Was hoping to see an improvement in Hleb for example, and yes his pace and acceleration has gone up slighty, along with his anticipation and decisions, but his creativity, passing and everything else has dropped. icon_frown.gif

Micah Richard's positioning is now 7. It was always pretty low on 10 or 11 but now it's ridiculously low.

And then you have Elano which is the opposite. Weird.

I think there has to be an issue which for some reason affects certain players (a lot of of players in fact) negatively.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sussex Hammer:

Do you notice these changes in a save game or do you have to start a new game to notice the attribute cahnges? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happens in both.

The progression of players has been modified and this is an intended feature.

I have another game where I haven't pressed continue either and, like you, I've just been looking at players' stats and some of them are quite bizarre - Kuyt is unchanged whereas Rooney has been dumbed down to almost half the player Kuyt is - this confuses me to no end.

To Sussex Hammer - I have not experienced this in my previous save game which I have had from 8.0.1, unlike some other people. Although perhaps it might come in because I've only played around 2 weeks (game time). Though I must say - Hibbert and Johnson's stats have fallen by one but then again they have turned 30 so I'm hoping this is just a coincedence.

I must disagree with OP. IMO stats are much more realistc now. I'm not claiming for every player (like ronaldo). I'll try to explain why on rooney example. probably we all had games before 802, where he scored way too much. in my game he actualy had 1 goal per match!? now that was realy weird to me, becouse he's not born scorer like etto or trezeguet. you must look at the whole picture on stats. player who's got work rate, staamina, off the ball, anticipation, composure, technique all over 16 is an exellant player and he's gonna score lots.

anyway, database will never be perfect, due to subjective judgment. and that's why there's editor. I've put more effort on my database then on actually playing the game. and I'm quite happy with it.

But then you have players like Elano, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Messi and Silva?

Is that realistic? To have all of those overrated and players like Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo grossly underrated? I agree that Rooney scored an awful lot before this patch but his stats reflected what I believe he has in real life.

Ibrahimovic and Kaka aren't overrated.

I only looked briefly at Leicester's players on 8.0.2 last night, and in comparison to 8.0.0 they look quite similar from what I remember, apart from DJ Campbell whose attributes have dropped massively. One or two others have maybe suffered slight drops, but overall remain similar.

On the attribute drop as a whole I have to applaud SI, although I've not played a minute of the game with the patch yet (Apart from my quick browse last night). I've long thought attributes are too high, and dropping them down a notch can only be a good thing.

people are always going to disagree with the stats, all the people moaning about man utd players are probably man utd fans icon_smile.gif

if you have a problem with a few of the stats just use the editor before you start a new game. its not difficult.

it would be impossible for SI to please everyone, so I for one congratulate them on the patch and the effort they put in.

im just about to open my editor and make all my sheffield wednesday players into legends!!! rock on! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

I must disagree with OP. IMO stats are much more realistc now. I'm not claiming for every player (like ronaldo). I'll try to explain why on rooney example. probably we all had games before 802, where he scored way too much. in my game he actualy had 1 goal per match!? now that was realy weird to me, becouse he's not born scorer like etto or trezeguet. you must look at the whole picture on stats. player who's got work rate, staamina, off the ball, anticipation, composure, technique all over 16 is an exellant player and he's gonna score lots.

anyway, database will never be perfect, due to subjective judgment. and that's why there's editor. I've put more effort on my database then on actually playing the game. and I'm quite happy with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first season in 801 rooney got 46 goals in 40 games!

i shall have to get through a few games in 802 but with the stats being dropped it depends on a few things.

for example SI may have done something to the match engine which means they dont have to have extremely high stats for the players to make them good.

in other words where as before a 17 in finishing would guarantee a player doing 'so' well, now that player only needs a 14 in finishing to do just as well.

if it's across the board as well then it's all the same anyway.

on the other hand if the lowering in stats means the players perform worse then this is a problem

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

if it's such a problem can't you just use the 801update database? or is that not an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not possible. The patch has taken away the random element from the game, not just the database. So when I started a new game with the FMFormations DB, the stats had fallen like they have in the official 8.0.2 DB.

I'll get a screenshot of the comparison between Elano and Ronaldo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

if it's such a problem can't you just use the 801update database? or is that not an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not possible. The patch has taken away the random element from the game, not just the database. So when I started a new game with the FMFormations DB, the stats had fallen like they have in the official 8.0.2 DB.

I'll get a screenshot of the comparison between Elano and Ronaldo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's strange. if it's not a database dependent thing then surely all stats for all players would have been affected by what ever changes SI have made?

i'd like to see the screen comparison lets not forget though that hidden stats play a big part too and those we can't see. it would be interesting if elano plays much better than ronaldo though

right lets have a looksee.

elano much better at crossing (wouldn't say its ronaldos strong point, can't comment in real life for elano)

heading for ronaldo is much better (id say ronaldo is rpetty nifty with the headers)

elano far better for long shots (accept for free kicks has ronaldo scored many long shots?)

elano better at corners (hadly a big problem ronaldos not a corner taker is he?)

mentaly elano seems to trounce ronaldo i'd say ronaldos decision rating has certainly improved so doesn't deserve the 10 and his creativity maybe better but then his flair is 20.

can we truly say ronaldo is a creative player? what we see in real life maybe down to position sense, phhysical stats and an ability to read the game.

physically ronaldo is top quality and this is shown in the stats.

I think it's pretty silly that the man with 25 goals so far this season has inferior attacking stats to the man that has around... well 4 I believe. Elano has 16 for finishing, 19 for composure and 18 for off the ball. Just writing that made me smile because it feels so wrong. How can Ronaldo only have 14 for off the ball anyway?

elano is overrated.

we simply haven't seen enough of him to determine his mental stats.

he is not consistently mentally good enough. he goes missing in games, makes some miss passes and generally is physically fairly weak whenever i see him (this is compared to strong players).

really overrated. he is not the most composed either.

compare him to other plays and you can see his stats should be brought down. elano on the game should be good technically, but not so much mentally because that would cause an imbalance which would mean hes no where near as good as he should be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_AO:

starting a new game on the patch, decreased stats for rooney, ronaldo, rio etc. are FINE.

what is not fine is GODLY PLAYERS: elano, silva, daniel alves, chielini, terry etc.

also, give vidal a FIXED LOW PA. otherwise he becomes a god! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silva, alves, aimar, (all english players, except gerrard) and many others have allwys been overrated. what makes me proud is that database now, looks much more like my own icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

Comparison of Elano and Ronaldo:

th.96a6ec8775.jpg

th.3f0c5f662e.jpg

I hope these have worked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. this looks ridiclous! that's why I make my own darabase icon_razz.gif

So you're telling me that Ronaldo's first touch, dribbling and technique is not as good as Elano's ?!

And in case you want to know, Ronaldo has 13 for consistency. So even that's wrong IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dribbling is the same in your screenshot.

i wouldn't know about their first touch but 17 for ronaldo is hardly bad and again for technique.

ronaldo consistancy stat is wrong if it's 13 because he's showing that he's imprvoed his consistancy alot.

actually i would also so ronaldos strength should be higher than 13 too.

so lets say we look at these two players stats and deduce that they are roughly the same in terms of technical elano better mentaly and ronaldo better physically.

just becuase a plyaer has better technical stats doesn't mean he necessarily has the other stats to be able to use them.

personally i wouldn't even say elano was as good as ronaldo technically but to say the game is saying ronaldo is far inferior to elano seems to be a bit off

I disagree because Ronaldo is a lot more creative than 11 and is a better passer than what he has been set as... I think he's more creative than Elano anyway and that can be shown with the number of assists so far IRL this season - on a general scale at least.

just because ronaldo is fast, doesn't mean hes not creative.

i don't agree ronaldo is really creative if you think of pirlo.

however, thinking of elano's performances, i can't really think of many super-amazing through balls or crosses which only so many people in the world could have though of (aka alonso, pirlo etc.). its all just technical graft with good decision making.

I just guess it's bad researching, bad in-put and bad testing. no way elano could have so good stats. what's his CA, probably more then 175?! I know how much it takes to bring reflecting stats from editor to the game. he's just one of those many over rated players. some examples how they look on my database:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4431/adeej0.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2131/elanojk1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8708/cristianone0.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3214/silvake2.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/10/modricgh0.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4893/rooneykk0.jpg

• SI Staff

Worth noting that Ronaldo is also two-footed in the game, whereas Elano isnt. That makes a hell of a difference out on the field.

Can anyone who has played more than half of season #1 with 8.0.2 in the PL post the stats ( apps, goals, rating ) of each player?

me to. but it's not offical database, it's my. there's problem with ronaldo, basicly you can't make him as good as IRE. should have CA around 200 to make him like I wanted to. I set him CA 190, just like kaka's.

it's not just heading. also mark, tackling, creativity, decision..... he can be made so good only with FMM, or maybe CA 200 icon_biggrin.gif

to be honest i think Ronaldo stats are just about spot on for the type of player he is,hes a winger better on the left than on the right:-

Dribbling 19

Flair 20

Pace 18

Technique 18

Acceleration 18

what more could u ask for from a wingers stats,ok maybe his crossing could be better along with passing but u wont find better stats for a player in that position (my opinion)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Long shots 13 and Free kicks 15 rofl, what a joke... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How meny goal on freekick has he scored this season ? 2 or is it 3 ? 15 is fine. And its not like he bang in 10 goals from distance each season, its in the penalty area or just outside, again 13 is fine.

anyway, lets keep "data issuses" in the right forum ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

physically ronaldo is top quality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheeky.

hasnt everyones stats just been dropped so there arent as many world class players, i noticed in the lower leagues whn i started a career i can now longer find players with quite a few 10s more 9s and 8s

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Long shots 13 and Free kicks 15 rofl, what a joke... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How meny goal on freekick has he scored this season ? 2 or is it 3 ? 15 is fine. And its not like he bang in 10 goals from distance each season, its in the penalty area or just outside, again 13 is fine.

anyway, lets keep "data issuses" in the right forum ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chill out tbh, i was merely stating i beleive ronaldo has a better strike on him than that, he may not have scored that many, but he tends to hit the target

just to start off the stats, yes i've only played 6 games but:

ronaldo 4 goals in 6 appearances 7.67 ave rating(5league apps, 4 league goals 7.8 ave league rating )

elano 0 goals in 6 appearances 6.5 ave rating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to factor in the standard of team a good player plays in too, but hopefully ronaldo should out perform Elano over the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

just to start off the stats, yes i've only played 6 games but:

ronaldo 4 goals in 6 appearances 7.67 ave rating(5league apps, 4 league goals 7.8 ave league rating )

elano 0 goals in 6 appearances 6.5 ave rating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to factor in the standard of team a good player plays in too, but hopefully ronaldo should out perform Elano over the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true. but man city do have soem good players in the game.

Archived