am i successful?

Good evening guys,

its my first fm version ever and I started a new game with west ham.

first season i have been 9th in the league and reached the fa cup final against chelsea, which i lost, but got qualified for the europa league.

in this season ive just bought lukaku for my whole budget, but he mostly played as a sub, since ive played a 4231 system with cole upfront.

scnd season have been 7th in the league and finished first in the europa league group stages with juventus in the group, who have finished 3rd^^

in this season i had to sell behrami, who wanted to leave by himself, replaced him with pedro leon, sold mark noble, for who i bought defour and also had to sell matthew upson, who wanted to go to chelsea and was just complaining.

i replaced him with david luiz.

3rd season i finished 3rd in the league with just 1 point behind manchester and was also leading the league for a while with 6points difference to the scnd but got caught by the injury flue and had often to let play reserve or youth team players to complete my first eleven xD

in this year, i reached the carling cup semi final, which i didnt take too serious, because of the many games and of the fact, that my squad wasnt large/deep enough.

had also got qualified to the quarter finals of the fa cup, which i aswell than didnt take to serious, as i didnt want to risk my league position.

now in this season, i bought di maria on winter and had to sell david luiz, who only wanted to leave the club and didnt play well, since he asked to be listed in the transfer list.

i replaced him with godin.

so the reason, why i enumerate my current career is, that i want to know, whether the players, who i signed are responsible for example the success of the last season (third place) or my tactic and my game comprehension^^.

well i always think, i could achieve much more with players like defour, di maria, godin, pedro leon and lukaku, since tottenham has been the champions two times in a row and when i compare their players' stats with mine, than i cant really see any differences.

so would be nice, if you could tell, if this position is quite ok for such a team, or if i could reach much more, with maybe some tweaks or new tactic.

I think silva is being a bit harsh there - imo if this is your first ever fm and you've got wham to the champions league in the 3rd season without any 'outside help' ie no downloaded tactics or scout utilities then you're doing very well!

Of course its possible to do better, but that's a pretty nice start!!

thx for the answers guys, of course i have never and will never use any downloaded tactics, as i hate it, to play with someone else tactics and i rather prefer creating tactics, which my players fit in.

well for the 4th season, ill have set very high expectations and am gonna try to win either the fa cup, league or at least quarter finals of the champions league.

am gonna report, when the season comes to the end^^

yeah i think what Silva should be saying is anyone who scours the good player guides or uses downloaded tactics should make cl in 3/4 seasons. For anyone else what you've done is a good acheivement. Keep it up.

thx^^, played 3 games in the season so far.

2 wins and 1 draw against man city, which was very unlucky for me, as i was leading 1-0 and than my fullback oshea made a terribke back pass to my keeper, which didnt arrive and city's rossi finished it to 1-1 xD

Archived