The usual stuff

I always fight AI cheating but not without good reason. Let me give you an example, This is a situation in which I am defending a corner. Someone is standing at the near post.

befcor.th.png

The corner is taken towards the near post and to my surprise the guy who is standing there is running away! Where is he going? Nobody knows. Naturaly they score.

durcor.th.png

More naturaly, I replayed the game right after destroying the opponent in FMRTE. I think I was lenient too, I should have destroyed ten teams in a row for that filthy cheating.

Anyway, I would like to ask edgar123 and Tomer (or any other thug) not to bother flaming this thread. I would also like to ask the Moderator instead of closing a thread that edgar and Tomer are flaming, shut THEM down next time. Thank you.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People tend to only notice things like this when it goes against them.

Loading up an editor to alter the game and get 'revenge' on the AI is just petty, i doubt the AI cares it's being edited just so you can beat it...

There are plenty of ways to be successful in this game despite the bugs (which are inevitable), accusing the AI of being self-aware and sensitive to your wrath is nonsensical and a bit weird

It is a known fact that the game has been designed to infuriate and annoy anybody who attempts to play it. Lets face facts ,here, you are the manager of a football team. You employ\ coach and finally select these players to play for your all conquering, world beating, team of supermen footballers who fully understand exactly what the hell it is that you expect from them. :-) Chances are he was instructed to mark someone, who "lurked outside the box" or "closed down at all times".. Or his mom called him for his tea...

Massive sarcasm here,bty :-)

More naturaly, I replayed the game right after destroying the opponent in FMRTE. I think I was lenient too, I should have destroyed ten teams in a row for that filthy cheating.

Yes, you teach that AI:rolleyes:

And I'm sure this happens for you aswell, but that's ok. Because it's you being helped:rolleyes:

And, on top of all that, you open the door to insults with your last paragraph. Very bitter about something... Oh well, you can unleash your rage on the AI:rolleyes:

How did they score though? Unless they scored by shooting just inside the near post any player standing on the near post would have made no difference anyway.

Its common for people to say the AI is cheating when they lose without actually understanding what they did wrong. Until you can accept the AI does not cheat you can't get any better at the game.

So, the arguments in defence of this blatant cheating are either that this happens in both ends or that it would make no difference if the player stayed at the post? Or that the player has poor concentration?

Well a) it doesn't happen at both ends, I do not score from corners often, and when I do it is not because the defenders are running away

b) The attacking header could have been easily dealt with by the player who decided to run away

c) The players concentration is average-to-high. I am not sure what difference that makes anyway. Why would he ran away if his concentration were low?

I am not surprised it is very hard to find an answer that is in-line with the general "it's your tactics" strategy, that is used to explain game flaws, unsuccesfuly in my opinion.

This is a clear case of cheating/game balancing.

It's a clear case that you are cheating, since you reloaded and played the game again.

I don't believe the AI "cheats", or does any game balancing as you say, but if you think it's a bug then you should post it in the bugs forum.

Why does anyone humour this guy? All his posts are the same and if you disagree with him you get accused of 'flaming' or 'thuggery'.

Tak for the last time: the AI does not cheat! You, however, do.

So tak(e) your cheating ways elsewhere. No one cares.

I just can't understand, with all the things available to do with your time, why you would continue persisting with a game you obviously don't like and have major issues with?

I don't mean to be rude but maybe you should just cut your losses with the game, put it on the shelf and do something that doesn't work you up to the point where you have to share your frustration on a public forum.

Why does anyone humour this guy? All his posts are the same and if you disagree with him you get accused of 'flaming' or 'thuggery'.

If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread, dont bother posting in it.

I'd expect the Pudsey Times to come up with that one.

CPS, I don't have any "major issues" with the game. I rarely log in the forums as well. The game is great fun and I am one of the most loyal customers.

However, I have noticed balancing acts, built in the game. The defender running away from the post he is guarding, is one. There are many more that have to do with the match itself, but also outside it. I always "balance" back.

Let us go back to the subject: Unless there is a plausible explanation of why a defender ran away while the ball was travelling to his opponent's head, who was in a good position to direct it right were the defender was standing in the first place, I have every right to reload. It is my right because my player is not schisophrenic or under the influence of LSD, there is no reasoning for what he did and that never happens with opponent defenders.

Reloading is not cheating in this case, unless someone proves it is. Thank you.

CPS, I don't have any "major issues" with the game. I rarely log in the forums as well. The game is great fun and I am one of the most loyal customers.

I'll be honest. That made me laugh. You hardly make a post if it's not pointing out a problem with the game!

However' date=' I have noticed balancing acts, built in the game. The defender running away from the post he is guarding, is one. There are many more that have to do with the match itself, but also outside it. I always "balance" back.[/quote']

Refer to my above post. The AI doesn't cheat.

Let us go back to the subject: Unless there is a plausible explanation of why a defender ran away while the ball was travelling to his opponent's head' date=' who was in a good position to direct it right were the defender was standing in the first place, I have every right to reload. It is my right because my player is not schisophrenic or under the influence of LSD, there is no reasoning for what he did and that never happens with opponent defenders.[/quote']

And I'm sure if this (which is probably a fault of the programming and not the scheming AI) happened in your favour you would reload. After all, you play completely fairly. :rolleyes:

Reloading is not cheating in this case' date=' unless someone proves it is. Thank you.[/quote']

Reloading is cheating in this case, unless you prove it isn't. Good day.

tak, that's fair enough but any of the posts I've seen from yourself tend to be quite negative as Vic Taylor has said. Even the title 'The Usual Stuff' suggests that you continue playing the game even though you know it is going to 'cheat' you at some point.

But I'm off topic here, for what its worth I have never seen a defender run off the post in the manner of your screenshot whether to balance a score or not so I will leave this to people who've seen it and know what they're talking about.

Hi Cougar. No, I haven't seen this in the corner thread...

Hi Vic. Let us admit that it is a programming fault. If it happened in my favour I would reload because I cannot watch a game with such an obvious anomaly nor accept it and continue.

My proof that reloading is not cheating in this case is simple: There has been an anomalous, paranormal, surreal incident that does not happen in football and does not have any logical explanation. Thus, the save is unreal, unreasonable, ficticious. Thus, I can reload in order to restore a sense of realism in my save (this is what we are ultimately aiming for, when we are playing this game). I cannot continue to play a save that only exists in Dr Who's universe.

By the way, what is your opinion in soft cheating? For example, when you start a new save how do you wipe all the knowledge from your previous one?

Hi Vic. Let us admit that it is a programming fault. If it happened in my favour I would reload because I cannot watch a game with such an obvious anomaly nor accept it and continue.

I highly doubt it.

My proof that reloading is not cheating in this case is simple: There has been an anomalous' date=' paranormal, surreal incident that does not happen in football and does not have any logical explanation. Thus, the game is unreal, unreasonable, ficticious. Thus, I can reload in order to restore a sense of realism in my game (this is what we are ultimately aiming for, when we are playing this game). I cannot continue to play a save that only exists in Dr Who's universe.[/quote']

You are cheating because you are changing the way the game is played. Why can't people like you just swallow the bullet, and get on with it, instead of coming on here and whining? Even if you don't think what you're doing is cheating, others do, and we don't want to hear about it.

By the way' date=' what is your opinion in soft cheating? For example, when you start a new save how do you wipe all the knowledge from your previous one?[/quote']

Cheating has different contexts. For example, reloading the game, because you have lost or think that the AI "cheated" you, is cheating imo. However, knowing certain things about the game because you have already played a different save through once is not cheating, as you already have a good amount of knowledge about the players/tactics in the game simply from watching rl football.

Ok so the guy on the post ran away. He shouldn't have done but he did. Apart from that id be worried about a few other things.

a) Two players marking each other on the 6 yard line completely ignoring the player behind them.

b) The other player on the 6 yard line in no mans land. Why is he not marking the player that is running down for the short ball option?

c) If it was Audel that scored, what was your keeper doing in that position?

I think the player running away from the post has taken the attention away from how the players were actually set up for this corner. Out of the 7 white shirts in the box, only 4 are where they should be. If you take away the 2 players on the posts, that only leaves 2 players actually in a good position and marking players. You have 2 players marking each other and another just stood leaving the eventual goalscorer all the time in the world.

Also what the hell is that angle the corner taker is running at the ball from. Its like he's stood at the ball and done some rugby steps to the back and side. He just needs the Jonny Wilkinson pose to complete the picture.

I have no doubt that most of the defenders completely ignoring instructions has contributed as well. However, players failing to follow instructions happens a lot. Players running away to an unknown direction does not happen.

My friend Vic says cheating is changing the way the game is played. That is a definition I happen to agree with. A player running away in a fashion that changes the way the game is played is of course cheating so I am entitled to correct it.

I notice a religious dogmatic argument ("swallow the bulet and continue") that is applied to nearly everything that is going wrong with the game. On the other hand, soft cheating (having the previous saves' knowledge at hand) is considered OK as there is knowledge of football already from RL! Disjointed argument, isn't it?

I could of course argue that, having knowledge from RL football makes it even more necessary to reload a game with obvious non-football behaviour from some players.

I have no doubt that most of the defenders completely ignoring instructions has contributed as well. However, players failing to follow instructions happens a lot. Players running away to an unknown direction does not happen.

My friend Vic says cheating is changing the way the game is played. That is a definition I happen to agree with. A player running away in a fashion that changes the way the game is played is of course cheating so I am entitled to correct it.

Well done! You have completely misunderstood the point.

I notice a religious dogmatic argument ("swallow the bulet and continue") that is applied to nearly everything that is going wrong with the game. On the other hand' date=' soft cheating (having the previous saves' knowledge at hand) is considered OK as there is knowledge of football already from RL! Disjointed argument, isn't it?[/quote']

Having previous knowledge through no fault of your own isn't even "soft" cheating, as you have no control over it. Reloading is something you can control.

Just as a throw away suggestion, but I find a lot more enjoyment comes from the game when you have no previous knowledge of the gameworld, such as starting in an unknown league.

I could of course argue that' date=' having knowledge from RL football makes it even more necessary to reload a game with obvious non-football behaviour from some players.[/quote']

You could argue it. It would be an argument full of holes, but you could give it a shot.

Does it make any sense that a player runs away from guarding the near post, with his back at the ball, not paying any attention to it, to an unknown destination? Is this match's scoreline influenced by an unreal event or not? This is the real question here.

Does it make any sense that a player runs away from guarding the near post, with his back at the ball, not paying any attention to it, to an unknown destination? Is this match's scoreline influenced by an unreal event or not? This is the real question here.

Where did I say it did make sense?

However, if it were a "cheat bug" everyone would be experiencing it. This leads me to believe it is some user-entered variable that is causing the problem. Experiment away.

I notice a religious dogmatic argument ("swallow the bulet and continue") that is applied to nearly everything that is going wrong with the game. On the other hand, soft cheating (having the previous saves' knowledge at hand) is considered OK as there is knowledge of football already from RL! Disjointed argument, isn't it?

I could of course argue that, having knowledge from RL football makes it even more necessary to reload a game with obvious non-football behaviour from some players.

Maybe its because you have your players set to zonal marking instead of man to man? Surely if your defenders are man marking they shouldnt be anywhere other than next to an attacking player?

And regarding a player guarding a post then running away as the corner/set piece is taken, that happens in real life..

Vic Taylor hates anything loosely defined as cheating ^^

He's right though - just because your defender had poor decision making and made a howler, reloading the game isn't justified as it's just outright cheating.

Jay-Lloyd Samuel scored a fantastic goal the other day - into his own net. Nobody knows why he decided to expertly place in the far corner, but it's just one of those things that happen in football.

You should have just been frustrated at it but gone on with the game. Of course, it's up to you if you want to cheat and reload, but if you post on here then you have to expect people to flag up what you are doing!

Not sure this is proof of "cheating" as such. Maybe noticed an unmarked player that you'd set to "close down-always" or something. Whatever the reason, SI have no benefit whatsoever in programming cheats for the AI, so at worst this is a flaw in the match engine.

If you really want to help stop this sort of thing you'd be better posting this in the bugs forum and uploading a couple of examples than starting intentionally provocative posts. You just know people are going to come on here and explain to you in varying degrees of maturity that it's impossible for the AI to cheat.

Cheating - no, definitely not.

Flaw - yes, probably.

Vic Taylor hates anything loosely defined as cheating ^^

He's right though - just because your defender had poor decision making and made a howler, reloading the game isn't justified as it's just outright cheating.

Jay-Lloyd Samuel scored a fantastic goal the other day - into his own net. Nobody knows why he decided to expertly place in the far corner, but it's just one of those things that happen in football.

You should have just been frustrated at it but gone on with the game. Of course, it's up to you if you want to cheat and reload, but if you post on here then you have to expect people to flag up what you are doing!

He was paid :p!

I really don't mind peoples' different opinions on the issue of "cheating". One can find fanatics in every aspect of life, including a video game. Let me state my definitions then:

- "AI cheating" is a term used in these forums to describe game situations that are both unrealistic/unreasonable and only occuring against the human player. The use of the term does not imply that AI has a human-like mind or "cheats" in a human way.

- "Cheating" is a term widely ised in these forums to describe human player actions that are not following the normal gameplay, like altering players attributes or knowing from a previous save that a player is not good in important matches or doesn't cope well under pressure.

Some fanatics suggest that a game should not be reloaded under no circumstances and this is the basis of their religion. Thankfully, they have not attempted to raise religious wars or commit bomb attacks to whoever does reload a game, however their verbal attacks are intense and military precise (although logically flawed)

Well, I'd define cheating as gaining an unrealistic advantage over the opposition. So destroying the team via FMRTE and reloading the game after a loss is pretty much cheating in anybodies book!

Still, you paid the money for the game, play it how you like!

I believe you will find most of the people who don't reload simply do not want to cheat. They want to play the game as the game was intended to be played.

I thought you had turned over a new leaf with this thread, as you were acting sensible, etc, but now you're just being immature again. :thdn:

- "AI cheating" is a term used in these forums to describe game situations that are both unrealistic/unreasonable and only occuring against the human player. The use of the term does not imply that AI has a human-like mind or "cheats" in a human way.

But that doesn't happen in this case, the AI side are equally inept are marking during corners.

- "Cheating" is a term widely ised in these forums to describe human player actions that are not following the normal gameplay, like altering players attributes or knowing from a previous save that a player is not good in important matches or doesn't cope well under pressure.

Some fanatics suggest that a game should not be reloaded under no circumstances and this is the basis of their religion. Thankfully, they have not attempted to raise religious wars or commit bomb attacks to whoever does reload a game, however their verbal attacks are intense and military precise (although logically flawed)

Reloading is clearly cheating and even those that do it would probably recognise it as such.

It doesn't even fall into a grey area, what you have called "soft cheating"

He was paid :p!

What Bolton paid him to score an OG. Also did I sleep a day through as I thought it happened yesterday?

@the OP it's probably just a case of inadequate/wrong instructions or a player who shouldn't be on the post (wrong stats) or both. I had a problem, like this attacking corners, I have a player in the same pos as the scorer (its a default set piece postition) but my player used just twirl around like a whirling dervish until he was dispossesed and fell over. You know why? I had a CB there, swapped him with my striker on the far post and my corners are a lot less headache inducing.

What Bolton paid him to score an OG. Also did I sleep a day through as I thought it happened yesterday?

@the OP it's probably just a case of inadequate/wrong instructions or a player who shouldn't be on the post (wrong stats) or both. I had a problem, like this attacking corners, I have a player in the same pos as the scorer (its a default set piece postition) but my player used just twirl around like a whirling dervish until he was dispossesed and fell over. You know why? I had a CB there, swapped him with my striker on the far post and my corners are a lot less headache inducing.

Use your brains, :rolleyes: United would of payed him wouldn't they!

Sneaky little meeting before the game and all that.

I cannot think of any other reason for such a cool, calm collective finish in the bottom corner like that :cool:

(Joking btw, I know he was under pressure and all that, before I get attacked from trolls!)

Archived