Do you get a sense of pride?

I am in 2014 as Man U manager and have built up a wide range of affiliates and loan out most of my promising youngsters to them for experience etc. I often feel like a proud parent when I see them perform well.

I sent out 6 players to Charleroi and 2 of my most promising forwards to Bohemians and both clubs have just qualified for the main stages of the Champion's League do to the impact of my players.

Does anyone else feel this deluded feeling of satisfaction?

I am in 2014 as Man U manager and have built up a wide range of affiliates and loan out most of my promising youngsters to them for experience etc. I often feel like a proud parent when I see them perform well.

I sent out 6 players to Charleroi and 2 of my most promising forwards to Bohemians and both clubs have just qualified for the main stages of the Champion's League do to the impact of my players.

your not alone mate. getting a whole youth team of wonderkids and loaning them out (usually to a scottish team) and watching them progress is something i aim for in every save. its very satisfying

best thing apart from having a son:

get a player from your academy, train him well, he becomes a star for your team and national team, win many awards, he retires as a clubs legend, he becomes a coach at your team, he is promoted to assistant manager, he leaves your team to manage some other team and is very sucesfull at it (preferably finishes second in the league and you first) :D

get a player from your academy, train him well, he becomes a star for your team and national team, win many awards, he retires as a clubs legend, he becomes a coach at your team, he is promoted to assistant manager, he leaves your team to manage some other team and is very sucesfull at it (preferably finishes second in the league and you first) :D

I have never had a save this long before :(

I get so involved in this game at times, that I have to check the real team squad pages on the internet to remind me what players actually play for each team.

I was absolutely convinced that Edin Dzeko had signed for Valencia ^^

I get so involved in this game at times, that I have to check the real team squad pages on the internet to remind me what players actually play for each team.

I was absolutely convinced that Edin Dzeko had signed for Valencia ^^

lol, reminds me when i was playing cm 01/02 a few months ago, and harewood was on loan at newcastle i thought we had him on loan from forest instead of villa.:D

i need help there should be a fm meeting where we all sit in a circle:eek:

"Hi, I am Ty.. I cannot quit FM. My playing time now is 104 days, and I haven't seen the outside since last summer."

Everyone else in unison; 'Welcome - Ty'

I have never had a save this long before :(

i am in 2027 now and i have a player who i brought to wolves in second season, aged 17, he broke egiptian record for most goals scored, he has more then 120 international caps, he broke legendary Steve Bulls most league goals record and he is now 33 years old having won

70 competitions in his career and won numerous awards.

i made his mind and now he is sure that when he retires he will continue his career as a coach with a view of going into management. :)

i cant wait :)

i am in 2027 now and i have a player who i brought to wolves in second season, aged 17, he broke egiptian record for most goals scored, he has more then 120 international caps, he broke legendary Steve Bulls most league goals record and he is now 33 years old having won

70 competitions in his career and won numerous awards.

i made his mind and now he is sure that when he retires he will continue his career as a coach with a view of going into management. :)

i cant wait :)

ah god stevie bull. Brings me back to the days of champo manager, he and keano would score for fun :)

Yeah, it makes me happy. A 16 year old regen of mind pretty much got Blackpool promoted by himself, got over 20 goals in less than a full season. Though now he's trying his hand in the premiership, and has got himself a goal or two so far, which makes me very happy.

yeah i get a sense of pride when my youngsters who come through the club progress their attributes and get called up to the national team also when im really into the game and the other team scores like in the 90th minute i literally nearly beat the **** out of the laptop

I signed english youths for adelaide united in the a-league. 2-4 seasons later generally i let them go again and then watch. I have had 3 strickers go to CCC, 2 goalkeepers go to prem, bout 7 defenders go prem, I had an italian fellow get into the international side. I generally turn my sides into a glen hoddle academy like place.

Whilst I understand what you mean, it's very easy with teams like Man Utd I'm afraid...you dont have to really do alot now do you.

Try taking a bottom league club to the top leagues and build up to that, thats real satisfaction.

Probably the biggest "pride" I get from this game is the fact that I sometimes see old youngsters of mine and remember them as former trainees of the club. At least the ones who were remotely good. For example, I've just discovered one of my all-round defenders (can play all along the back four) is now at a mid-table side in Serie A, and I remember releasing him on a free because I didn't think he would get anywhere. I was wrong.

Sometimes names pop up and I say, "Hey, he was at my club, right?" and check his profile. Often I'm right. :cool: A lot of youngsters I release did actually go on to do quite well and some even make it to the top tiers.

Actually this has made me all nostalgic and I've just done a search for all players who have either Triestina or myself as a favoured team, or were born in Trieste, to see where (most of) my former youngsters are. Here's some I mostly remember, not always for the right reasons...

Fabio Mancini - Backup goalkeeper, always did a solid job for me. Spent more time in Serie B than Serie A though. :( Apparently only conceded 3 league goals in 24 league appearances too! Spent some time at Cagliari on loan and eventually chose them as a favoured team over some others after I released him - showing the advantage of loans. Also played for Bari, Treviso, Pisa and Alghero. May become an assistant manager.

Ivo Esposito - Defensive midfielder who was a lynchpin in my Under-20s sides (yes, I remember that too!). I retrained him to right-back shortly before releasing him and he joined Inter, Lecce and Messina. At Messina, his new right-back position became his new position - he never played defensive midfield every again! May become a coach in the future.

Nicola Savini - A useful striker for my Under-20s although never that prolific. Loaned out to Rapid Wien with 10 goals, 2 assists in 22 league appearances, before I sold him for £1.5m to Torino. Also spent time with Charleroi on loan, before joining Inter, Napoli and Chievo. Hasn't played much though, only 188 league appearances (88 of those as a substitute!) scoring 63 goals. Doesn't look like he's staying in the game though.

Dario Cenci - I remember him as a temperamental and controversial player who can play all down the right flank. Definitely talented but stagnated at Inter after I released him. He did eventually iron out some of those bad habits but the damage was done and was part of the reason why he went up and down with Salamanca and probably ruined his career in that sense. His PA seems to indicate he may have made the Italy squad in good circumstances but didn't. Still only 33 and Canavese are interested. May become a coach.

Rosario Filippi - He was basically an above-average central midfielder (but no more) who oddly enough has had an extremely blessed career, playing for Inter (£5m) and then Real Madrid where he more than held his own for a very long time. 372 appearances, 72 as a substitute, scoring 46 and assisting 80 and capped 21 times for Italy. Overachieved? Definitely. May become a coach.

Óscar Marqués - One of the first Spanish newgens to join my team as a generated academy player. Unprofessional and it shows as he's miles away from his PA at 27 - and has spent more time in unplayable leagues than playable leagues!

Daniele Marras - Originally an attacking midfielder but struggled to get games for my Under-20s. I then converted him into the next Ryan Babel by training him on the wing and he became... slightly worse (or better?) than Babel. Sampdoria played him more on the wing than through the middle although I'm not sure if this was the case at Espanyol, Villarreal or Messina. Yeah, one of the few Italian regens I've had actually move overseas for his career. Hope he becomes a coach because I always liked watching him play. My best memory of him was in an Under-20s Cup Final - where on the left he picked a flick-on by one of my strikers near the middle of the pitch and and ran all the way to the goal holding off 3 defenders and a midfielder, rounded the goalkeeper and smashed it home. I suppose the only problem was that I won that game 9-0 or something and that was near the end of the game, but an incredible goal nevertheless.

Andrea Croce - The second player (the first has already retired :() I put on a really weird training schedule with no strength nor aerobic training whatsoever. He's basically turned out to be a brilliant attacking midfielder who has only Stamina and Strength in double-figures and the rest are 6 or under. :D His other attributes wouldn't be mistaken for a top, top, world-class midfielder though. His career has been unlucky though, it seems he's always been with teams fighting relegation. May become a coach.

Well a long shot but it's doable if you have 30 seasons game time :D

Hmm... I think it would make a fantastic challenge.

Whilst I understand what you mean, it's very easy with teams like Man Utd I'm afraid...you dont have to really do alot now do you.

Try taking a bottom league club to the top leagues and build up to that, thats real satisfaction.

I don't think you're getting the whole picture of the post. It doesn't matter which team you are - what I am saying is that I get a massive sense of pride when I see that one of my loaned played is tearing up another division, especially if it is a newgens of hidden gem that I am bringing on. Man U is easy but that is not what the thread is about.

Archived