Ok, might technically be a bug but deffinetly have a problem with homegrown status.

Ive been playing the FM10 Demo for ages and decided to buy it. In preparation ive been playing as Lazio on the demo however...

When i try to register players for the second round of the european cup i only have 2 homegrown players...

So i cant register. So i cant continue. This is a pretty massive problem and as i have just started my Lazio game on the full version and also only have 2 homegrown players im worried the same problem will occur?

Is there a way around it?

Has this problem been fixed? I cant be the only person to play as Lazio!

Ill give that a go tomorrow, cheers.

Nope ive checked the entire team, first, reserve and under 20's and only 2 homegrown players.

I dont even understand why, as they have a good youth setup?

Has anyone run into this problem at any other clubs?

The rule is that you have to have 4 players who were trained at your club for 3 yearsbefore they passed 21, and 8 trained in your country (which can include the 4). If you are missing a few players then what you do is to take that nuimber off the 25 and register that number leaving the rest blank. So if you only have two homegrown players from your club (and you match the homegrown in country ruke) you register 25-2=23 players.

This is a UEFA rule which has been around for a few years, in an attempt to square FIFA's desire to bring in the 6+5 rule and the EU's insistence on free movement of member state caitizens within the EU borders.

The real Lazio could very well have this problem as they have bought in a lot of their first team players over the years, and a lot of their younger prospects may not be registered at the club for long enough.

Its been mentioned before, all i do is go into a team with this rule always in mind if i'm in europe in a top league, have run into it before myself but NEVER again damnit!
The rule is that you have to have 4 players who were trained at your club for 3 yearsbefore they passed 21, and 8 trained in your country (which can include the 4). If you are missing a few players then what you do is to take that nuimber off the 25 and register that number leaving the rest blank. So if you only have two homegrown players from your club (and you match the homegrown in country ruke) you register 25-2=23 players.

This is a UEFA rule which has been around for a few years, in an attempt to square FIFA's desire to bring in the 6+5 rule and the EU's insistence on free movement of member state caitizens within the EU borders.

Ahhhhhh this makes sense to me! I have to admit that i havent watched alot of football since C4 stopped showing Football Italia! And thats been a while now...

Still weird that the Auto choose option couldnt figure that out... Oh well! Thanks for the help, good to see these forums actually get used!

Archived