Game wont play??? any help much appreaciated

I went to play football manager today,when I clicked launch, the wee box came up in the middle which says "preparing to launch football manager" It then goes away but the game doesnt start:mad:,anyone any ideas what the problem may be??:confused:

Cheers in advance.:thup:

place this on the games lauch options on steam "-small_screen -windowed" without the quotes

right click on fm2010 then properties and click set lauch options

Jst tried that mate,doesnt seem to be working. i tried it with -small_screen-windowed then took out all the hi-phins and its still just doing the same ive even un-installed steam and re-installed it just the same thing preparing to launch then nothing.:mad:

Cheers anyway mate;)

Does your laptop/monitor have the required minimum resolution 1024x768?

I installed FM on my wifes little netbook and it did this exact thing and the screen size is too small on it.

yeah mate its a proper sized laptop,fm was working fine lastime i played it about a week or 2 ago,jst cant understand why its doing this.:confused:

@ Cometdude

also do this trick if that didnt worked get the Netbook skin

link : http://sites.google.com/site/michael...tbook2010-skin

1.and place on the games launch options on steam : -skin=netbook2010 ( rich click FM 2010 properties on steam and click set launch options )

@bluekai

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2010 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

then do this

1-Exit Steam

2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)

3-Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:

steam.exe

steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)

4-start Steam

repeat the first step and test

@ Cometdude

also do this trick if that didnt worked get the Netbook skin

link : http://sites.google.com/site/michael...tbook2010-skin

1.and place on the games launch options on steam : -skin=netbook2010 ( rich click FM 2010 properties on steam and click set launch options )

@bluekai

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2010 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

then do this

1-Exit Steam

2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)

3-Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:

steam.exe

steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)

4-start Steam

repeat the first step and test

anything else to try mate,that never worked either.

Make sure your directx, java and graphics card drivers are up to date. Bluekai have you installed new software or downloaded anything from the net since you last played fm? Something might be conflicting with fm. Try downloading something called gamebooster and then run it before you try fm again. Gamebooster is a free program that will temporarily disable anything running in the background that you dont really need running to get your computer working properly. You should probably try running a virus and spyware scan as well.

turn off your anti virus and firewall

Wouldn't recommend turning off either. As far as the anti virus is concerned it should be possible to set it up so that when scanning it excludes any folders that fm uses.

Archived