Just been cheated out of a Europa League place

This has got to be a bug. I finished 7th with Doncaster in my first season in the Premiership. Chelsea won the League Cup and Man City won the F.A Cup. Both had already qualified for Europe, so that means that extra Europa League places should go to the league for 6th and 7th place. I know F.A Cup runners-up used to qualify if the winner was already in Europe, but this rule has changed in real-life and they don't allow the runners-up to qualify anymore. So I fully expected to be playing in the Europa League this season.

However, I am now in July and I've realised that I've been cheated out of my spot, and the F.A Cup runners-up Spurs have taken my place. Very disappointing seeing as it's affected my potential targets as they don't want to join a team not in Europe :-( Also it's gonna cost me at least £5-10m in prize money, extra gate money etc. Don't know if I want to play on now...

14wx7ye.jpg

inwc5k.jpg

the FA Cup runners-up still qualify for Europe if the winners have already qualified through league position. It is the League Cup runners-up that no longer qualify for Europe even if the winners have qualified through league position. In short, there's nothing wrong with your situation, and you can continue playing your game without feeling cheated :thup:

It is a bit confusing this as I think the original plan was for runners up not to qualify, but I have a feeling it was changed at the last minute.

If the winners have already qualified for the UEFA Champions League via the Premier League, the UEFA Europa League place goes to the FA Cup runners-up.[3] If they also have qualified for the UEFA Champions League, the place goes to the next highest placed finisher in the league table.

This is from wikipedia, although I'm sure it will appear on uefa.com somewhere.

Yea I'm sure around this time last year UEFA announced that cup runners-up would no longer qualify. Maybe they did change it back again at the last minute...

It is a bit confusing this as I think the original plan was for runners up not to qualify, but I have a feeling it was changed at the last minute.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If the winner of the domestic cup qualifies for the UEFA Champions League,

the domestic cup runner-up qualifies for the UEFA Europa League at the

stage initially reserved for the lowest ranking top domestic league

representative (or the winner of another official domestic competition

specified in paragraph 2.03). Should both the winner and the runner-up of the

domestic cup qualify for the UEFA Champions League, the association

concerned may enter for the UEFA Europa League the club which finishes

the top domestic league immediately below the other club or clubs which

qualify for the UEFA Europa League. In both cases, the access stage initially

reserved for the domestic cup winner is reserved for the club which finishes

the domestic league in the highest position out of all the clubs which qualify

for the UEFA Europa League from the association concerned (see Annex Ia).

Each representative of the domestic league will then enter the competition at

the stage initially reserved for the domestic league representative ranked

immediately above it.

I was doing a search and I came across this guys thread...although he was obviously playing FM09. This seems to confirm the rules changed briefly and obviously now look like they've been changed back again...seeing as he was F.A Cup runners-up and didn't qualify!

http://www.dev.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3014731

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If the winner of the domestic cup qualifies for the UEFA Champions League,

the domestic cup runner-up qualifies for the UEFA Europa League at the

stage initially reserved for the lowest ranking top domestic league

representative (or the winner of another official domestic competition

specified in paragraph 2.03). Should both the winner and the runner-up of the

domestic cup qualify for the UEFA Champions League, the association

concerned may enter for the UEFA Europa League the club which finishes

the top domestic league immediately below the other club or clubs which

qualify for the UEFA Europa League. In both cases, the access stage initially

reserved for the domestic cup winner is reserved for the club which finishes

the domestic league in the highest position out of all the clubs which qualify

for the UEFA Europa League from the association concerned (see Annex Ia).

Each representative of the domestic league will then enter the competition at

the stage initially reserved for the domestic league representative ranked

immediately above it.

I think in the UEFA cup, the national FA got to choose, and for the 2008/09 season the English FA decided the runners up shouldn't get Europe. However, this was changed when the Europa League cam in for season 09/10 and now they get a place again.

Yea, I knew for certain it changed at one point recently, or they at least planned to change it, as I remember reading an article on it last year 'cup runners up no longer allowed into Europe' etc.

I didn't realise the rules had been changed back again though.

I think in the UEFA cup, the national FA got to choose, and for the 2008/09 season the English FA decided the runners up shouldn't get Europe. However, this was changed when the Europa League cam in for season 09/10 and now they get a place again.

Archived