cm 01/02

Hi, not sure if anyone can or will help but i have decided to be nostalgic and play cm 01/02 only when i try to start a new game it says not enough system memory. Can someone explain in basic computing terms how i get round this? Thanks

Im guessing you have a pretty modern system and the game cant see the memory you have. I think windows has a way to emulate windows 95 or 3.1 to help playing of these games. I just cant remember how to do it!

Made a desktop icon to the CM 01/02 executable.

Right click on it. Select "Properties"

On the following menu, select "Compatibility".

I suspect you'll want to do all of the following:

Compatibility mode for: Windows 95

Run in 640x480

Disable visual themes

I don't remember what I did, now, but when I had that hankering playing around with the "Compatibility" screen was enough to get it working; I just tried options on and off until it worked. icon_biggrin.gif

I had the same problem when I installed it on my laptop. It has two hard drives and my 'C' drive was getting full so I installed it on 'D' then got the not enough memory message. I went into the properties for that hard drive and enabled virtual memory ( why it wasn't already enabled is beyond me ) and hey presto it worked.

Ok, Thanks amaroq, i did what you advised at guess what...it worked. I started a game, saved it to come back to and now when i load it again it says not enough system memory again....i just wanna scream.!!!! HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Archived