Over-Confidence

I am having some issues with some of my players at the moment. We are top of the table and on a good winning streak but the problem with that seems to be some of my players are over confident going into games (so my assistant says). some players ever think its ok to just show up and stroll through the game so it was said. I no were still winning and all but i want good squad harmony and and I want to curb this over confidence if i can....any suggestions??

This is inevitable once you get a good run of form going, especially when you're pitted against far weaker sides than yourself. As a rule, I tend to demand wins on such occasions; the only time I see complacency in a match is after going up a few goals against a side that's not offering much threat, albeit rarely, and only ever in defenders.

Have a look at this thread, it should help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599

Basically, there's two different scenarios where the assistant suggests over-confidence.

If he specifies a few players, you should go to them individually and tell them you "Expect A Performance" or, even better, "Pick up from were you left off!".

If the assistant suggests "the majority of the team" look over-confident, then that's when you want to look at options such as "I Expect A Win". However, if your players have low determination or professionalism (one of the two, can't remember...), then this could result in a nervous performance. The best method I find is to "Wish Luck" combined with individual "Expect" instructions for the players singled out by your assistant. By wishing luck, you're suggesting that they'll need it - which will motivate them to rule out the need for luck!

I can't give any "evidence" for the above, other than it tends to work for me. I find it especially useful in motivating strikers, who are susceptible to disappearing for a few games if you don't handle the motivation correctly.

Archived