Loads of chances, NO goals

hi, i was just wondering why im having 30 shots a game and only getting 5 on target approx, im chelsea first season and have kept same team basically with just dzeko and luis suarez being added. i have tried the touchline shout " work ball into box" to no avail. i was using da narrow diamond and changed it to 4-4-2 still no change. and btw im playing hull and burnley and drawing 0-0 etc ,... please help

Chances are you're not actually producing good chances. Do you actually watch full matches to see what's happening? I'd hazard a guess (especially with the weaker sides) that you're encountering a "park the bus" mentality against a lot of sides due to being chelsea.

The easiest solution I could give you is to watch full matches. There's no other way to diagnose the source of the problem than watching a full match. Even if you can't figure out the issue after watching a handful of full matches (problem fixtures that is...ones where you encounter these issues), then you'll be able to let others know what you're seeing, and hopefully get an answer.

Lower your tempo and then try to work the ball inside the box. Also, limit your long shots on those who are taking them too often and use shorter passing. Furthermore I have no clue how Chelsea's squad look like but I do think they are better suited as a narrow diamond formation. If you use that formation with two strikers such as Dzeko and Drogba I would set the AMC to terquartista or advanced playmarker in order to employ your strikers best.

Archived