Ass. Man gave reserve £90k p/wk

I was testing something with Barca, and they have a 'B' team, called Barcalona Athletic, which is not so much a reserve team because they 'seem' to have seperate finances(?)

Anyway, my ass.man, who must've been blackmailed to do this, went and gave this crappy 21y/o player called Jeffren and 87k contract. He will earn £23million over 7 or so years, and will cost me £22m to release. What the hell is this?

Does anyone know if the B team for Barca have seperate finances? If they do, they'll be crippled, but if it comes out of my finances then it will mess up my transfer policy, because the board already will not let me give contracts out to new players because the wage budget is maxed out(on messi's 200k p/wk no doubt). I will be stuck with this guy for years! How did this happen, a bug surely?

It comes out of your finances, because "B" teams are seperate teams within your club so they play in seperate competitions, have seperate staff, but do not have a seperate budget or own the registration rights to the players they use.

This was common in FM09.1 and .2 and I hear it came back in 10.1 but it should be fixed as it is in effect a bug.

It comes out of your finances, because "B" teams are seperate teams within your club so they play in seperate competitions, have seperate staff, but do not have a seperate budget or own the registration rights to the players they use.

This was common in FM09.1 and .2 and I hear it came back in 10.1 but it should be fixed as it is in effect a bug.

it'd weird though, because in information it says they have 'okay' finances. Surely it should be N/A or something similar

it'd weird though, because in information it says they have 'okay' finances. Surely it should be N/A or something similar

They will have some money to pay for all the costs a club has but they never get any transfer money and any wages paid come out of your budget, and so do contract cancellations. I probably shouldn't have said seperate budget, but instead have said a budget which severely limits what a manager could do if he took over a "B" team (no wages or transfer funds).

The easiest way to combat this on last years game was to set up a second manager, handle what contracts were needed and then holiday the manager during the season.

I got bored of giving first team players new contracts so I setup my assman to do it for me, within 1 day he got a player (who signed a new 5 year contract a few days before i changed the option) to sign a 2 year contract, i was like what the ****! I only let him do U-18's and reserves now. U-18's i let him choose who deserves one and most of the time he gives the right contracts out.

The OP doesn't have a choice of letting the assman do the contracts or not. I am pretty sure that it is not the user that sorts out the contracts of the B teams in Spain. On FM09 or FM08 this was a big problem I managed Getafe and had a weekly wage budget of 500k per week, the genius incharge of the B team gave 4 players contracts worth 100k a week between them. I used FMRTE to change the contracts.

The OP doesn't have a choice of letting the assman do the contracts or not. I am pretty sure that it is not the user that sorts out the contracts of the B teams in Spain. On FM09 or FM08 this was a big problem I managed Getafe and had a weekly wage budget of 500k per week, the genius incharge of the B team gave 4 players contracts worth 100k a week between them. I used FMRTE to change the contracts.

It's the ass man who sorts the contracts, and is in charge of the B team, which is a bit of useless team, but you can do it yourself. I just did not think to do that because it's inconceivable that he would give a player a 90k contract

It's the ass man who sorts the contracts, and is in charge of the B team, which is a bit of useless team, but you can do it yourself. I just did not think to do that because it's inconceivable that he would give a player a 90k contract

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Bugs

There is something there about the bug, it was on the older FMs even if you don't do the contracts yourself you should be able to trust the AI to give a reasonable contract out. FM09 I think that B teams were run like a normal side and the reserve team manager would be in charge of their contracts not sure if it's the same on FM10

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Bugs

There is something there about the bug, it was on the older FMs even if you don't do the contracts yourself you should be able to trust the AI to give a reasonable contract out. FM09 I think that B teams were run like a normal side and the reserve team manager would be in charge of their contracts not sure if it's the same on FM10

It's the default setting but AFAIK you can choose to do it yourself in the team settings screen.

Archived