Adapting Tactics

A few question regarding Tactics;

1. Forgetting anything you know in Real Life about a particular team, when you manage them how do you know what Tactics to go about using. Once you have the players you want in each position, how do you figure out the Team Mentality, individual player roles etc.?

2. When you buy another player how do you get them to fit in?

3. During matches, do you just Sub Players and Touchline Tactics or do you actually change Tactics as in the Sliders etc that you would when creatign a completely new tactic?

Thanks in advance and any more help regarding tactics would help? Any guides as well on these forums or others.

1. I have a preferred tactic I'll always use which - in my opinion - is the most versatile and that's 4-4-2.

Team mentaility depends mainly on the prospects. If mid table it will rarely be attacking and I'll look to be more defensive. This changes when you get better players.

2. They'll 'fit in' and adjust over time. There's no sure fire way, it's a time thing.

3. Generally touchline as this is pretty comprehensive in terms of what it can do - though I save a few pre set tactics that can change things faster, with less clicks.

Check out the Tactics forum for more information.

1) I have a preferred tactic which is very specific about who does what. I pick the team to fit the tactic & that gives me my shopping list.

2) They have a choice: a) Sink or b) swim. I try not to introduce more than 2-3 players per transfer window.

3) "Get stuck in" can be handy. I have two tweaked tactics "losing" and "clock killer" set up to save time.

I have three set 4-4-2 formations that I use. One is a fluid attacking tactic, One is a Rigid Control and the final is very rigid contain. I may use all three during a game depending on the score etc.

Depends a lot on the player, I tend to put young forigners into the reserve team for a few month till they settle in to the tactics and training, where as I will play older ones off the bench. It really depends on the mentality or the player in the end.

I tend to only use the touchline shouts for take it easy or retain the ball as I have the three tactics that will change what I need to win a game. Unless I am still 2 goals down with 10 mins left and I will use the more attacking ones.

A few question regarding Tactics;

1. Forgetting anything you know in Real Life about a particular team, when you manage them how do you know what Tactics to go about using. Once you have the players you want in each position, how do you figure out the Team Mentality, individual player roles etc.?

2. When you buy another player how do you get them to fit in?

3. During matches, do you just Sub Players and Touchline Tactics or do you actually change Tactics as in the Sliders etc that you would when creatign a completely new tactic?

Thanks in advance and any more help regarding tactics would help? Any guides as well on these forums or others.

1. I'll look at the squad and players I want to keep and design a tactic that will fit. Although sometimes I will aim to replicate the RL tactic (Barca for instance, why should I question what they've been doing very well for years.)

2. Hope for the best, in a league that has a healthy winter break, I send them on leave at that point if they are unsettled.

3. Shouts are more than adequate

Archived