Isn't it nice when..

You look at how your previous team are doing, and they are still/have started progessing?

I'll start from the top:)

When I first got FM10 for christmas, I immediately set about starting a small journeyman game. I loaded England, France & Germany, and basically put myself in the game (unemployed, semi-pro rep) before clicking that "start game" button. Almost immediately I was approached by US Luznac in France who had just been promoted to the National division. It didn't go well & I left after 16 games:o (must have been the right decision as they have never returned following relegation)

After a few months of unemployment I was approached & accepted an offer from Macclesfield in League 2, I brought in several players of L1/Championship standard on free transfers & loans which, after a couple of years saw us challenging for the play offs.

Before the end of season 3 with Macclesfield & just outside the playoffs with 3 games left, I was approached by Southampton who had already had their relegation from the Championship confirmed. I couldn't resist and jumped ship:D

3 seasons later, I am in my first season in the Premier League, sitting 12th at the halfway mark. Then it popped into my head! "I wonder whatever happened to Macclesfield?" so I looked in L2, not there?? Hmm maybe L1? Yep! sitting 3rd and seemingly quite comfortable. Although the squad has changed, it seems they sold the highly regarded players I brought in on free's and bought some quite handy players making a tidy profit in the process, there still remains several of those I brought in.

It made me smile, thinking they have developed & progressed using the legacy I left:D

Anyone else find this happens?

No way, I prefer my old clubs to crash and burn, shows how rubbish they are without me. I once had a game with Real Madrid where I was dominating, winning the league 4 times and the champs league 3 times, so I left for a new challenge at Koln in Germany. I looked back every now and then at how my successor was doing, they limped to 7th in the league in the first season but still won the CL, but the next season they were out in the CL group stages and finished mid-table in La Liga, and he got the sack. This was Jose Mourinho by the way, so by my reckoning I am better than the self-proclaimed "Special One". :cool:

I would probably feel the same if, at the risk of upsetting Macclesfield fans, they were a big club who could challenge me:) but the fact that they are a "small" club, I think its nice that they are moving up the leagues.

I may feel differently if they get to EPL and start beating me though:D

Depends... I hate Ton Pentre for two reasons, the board hated me and didn't think I was the special factor in their sucessful season and accepted my ultimatum when I asked for transfer funds (we weren't in the red, although we dipped our toes in until the end of the season), then the fans removed me from their favoured personnel list when I resigned. I like most of the staff and playing staff though, and I'm glad to see them do bad, but I won't want to see them relegated.

But with Carrick, I originally joined just to play half a season and keep them away from relegation, hopefully learning a few things along the way and gaining a bit more rep. But I ended up asking for a new contract. Unless something happens, I will probably like to see them do well.

i do the same in my save now i managed dover and got them promoted to the BSP 1st season.during the second season i was 15th in the league only a hanfull of games left luton appoached me who were 8th in the same league so i took the job

So onto next season and only 4 games left we were sitting top by one point and another offer came in i couldn't say no millwall 15th in league 1 so i jumped ship again.

i kinda wished i stayed on with luton to win the league but i looked back at the end of the season and they finished top only by there very very big goal difference ( i left luton with my team already hitting over 110 goals ;) ) dover are a very solid BSP team too just off the playoff spot

I feel a bit guilty, because my two former clubs on my current save have both gone downhill since I left. Port Talbot were virtually unbeatable when I was there, doing the domestic treble and winning the league three seasons in a row, yet they've slipped into a mid-table side. They even sacked my former coach who was managing them not long ago.

As for QPR, I left them for Aston Villa within days of getting them promoted to the Premiership. They went down in twentieth place, the best player they had when I was there is now warming the bench at Sunderland and they aren't showing any signs of coming back to the top flight.

I do; do this I do.

I always keep an eye on the previous teams I have managed. Often they've not done as well I would would of thought if I were still to be in charge. On virtual nostalgic kind of way to reminisce that is. I do tend to enjoy having a snoop no and then; to even attend AI matches.

Archived