Scouting: 20/20 or nationality?

Whats better...

An english scout with 20/20 scouting brazil

or

A brazilan scout with average ratings eg. 13/15 or something 15 or under... (a good but not great scout)

Been thinking about this. Wondering what other people think. I tend to lean towards the 20/20 scout, casue i want the best scouting reports possible, but if they're not that nationality am I really getting the best possible report? Food for thought.

I'm never too sure myself but I'll grab a scout with 20 Potential and 20 for Ability from my club's home nation and try and grab as many foreign coaches from different countries (and with varying country experience) to hopefully span a much wider search.

I'm not actually sure it works like that though, before anyone shoots me down.

I'm never too sure myself but I'll grab a scout with 20 Potential and 20 for Ability from my club's home nation and try and grab as many foreign coaches from different countries (and with varying country experience) to hopefully span a much wider search.

I'm not actually sure it works like that though, before anyone shoots me down.

I have the same problem. I'm just looking to see what general opinion is.

I personally would go for the 20/20 over a local any day. Unless you are in dire need of immediate knowledge of a region, having an excellent scout build that knowledge up over time nets more accurate results than having a mediocre one do the job, in my opinion.

That being said, I do try to get a wide variety of nationalities for scouting, but my choice almost always comes down to who has the better abilities.

20/20 will give you an accurate reading whatever the scout nationality.

The country knowledge a scout has (or any other current staff member and staff of own feeder clubs) will affect the results you see on the player search screen. e.g. if you dont have anyone that knows about russia, you would not see a russian that plays in russia; you would probably see arshavin at arsenal though (presuming you are english).

Note that if you are looking at youth, you would want "working with youngsters" to be 20 too, and if you send the scout on a roaming assignment you would want a "high determination" to get a lot of results, and if you are scouting next opposition you would require high "tactical knowledge"

However, whenever a scout says something like "X player is our best in this position, and the Y player just scouted is not far from this standard", the accuracy would also heavily depend on the amount of knowledge the scout has of your current players. This could take anything from 5 months to a year to be at 100%. This is why a scout at 20/20 will sometimes give bad advice! The speed at which the scout (or any staff for that matter) would take to get full knowledge of your players would depend on the "adaptability" attribute. The knowledge is only visible on your current staff i.e new staff always start at 0%. You can see this on the "Personal" section of the staff profile.

It is advisable to keep your current best senior scouts for at least a year, after you get a new mgr job. Then hire your 20/20 scout (presuming you can afford one), wait till the knowledge of scout is 100%. Then feel free to get rid of your old scouts.

Archived