How do you refer to your team?

From reading through the threads here, I've come to realise that I always refer to whichever team I'm managing as 'We'. For example, we came 2nd in the League, we were dreadful in the FA Cup.

But a lot of other people seem to refer to their team in the first person - I won the League.

Others just refer to their team as 'My team'.

I'm curious to know if the way that I refer to my team, as if I'm sharing the experience with a bunch of 1s and 0s, is weird and I'm some strange semi-roleplayer.

So, how do you refer to your team?

Interesting question.

I refer to my FM team in the first person, as I feel any achievement the team makes is as a direct result of my influence, therefore my achievement. "I beat Real Madrid, I won the league, etc".

But when I lose I refer to my team as they. "They were rubbish today."

Everything goes.

I'm currently managing West Brom, and I've made it into the top 4.

It's "I" made it into the top 4 because I'm the one playng FM hence it is I with my management skills that has achieved this.

It's "we" made it into the top 4 because I couldn't have done it without the team that I've put togheter. If I had the same players I started out with I wouldn't have made it this far.

It's "My team" because I've been managing them for 10 seasons and I've built a relationship with every player. What I've achived makes me feel like I own the team, and they can't get by without me.

Same as Kenco. When "we" win, everything is great - "we" are one big family. Failure to win means "they" are useless & I no longer consider them my brothers:D

That's not quite what I said. When the teams wins it's "I won, I am great!" A defeat, and "they lost, they are rubbish!"

i think it goes like that:

I - when you don't care about the team but about your accomplishments as a manager

We - opposite from the first one

they - when u don't like your team!

my team - when u feel something about that team!

my examples from my games:

"Real Madrid wins again"

"We lost to Arsenal" with mu liverpool side

"my team is great!" AEK side!

Archived