Your greatest FM careers

Ok I was just wondering what everyones best careers on FM have been? Looking for some inspiration for a new Challenge after my last save just corrupted! (yes lesson learnt - use rolling saves from now).

Mine are as follows;

Braintree - Got Braintree into the Prem, won it, won the CL, repeated both a few times. Left due to staduim argument with the board, went to Ipswich and did the same with them, and some other teams too, very long career, so many trophies!

Ipswich - Won the Prem league with them, yet I'd limited myself to only buying English players and selling any non enlgish ones I started with within a year or so. Was hard but fun!

Colchester - Won the Prem, made them amazing blah blah, same with Leeds.

Had many more but those 2 are the most notible. Looking for a new challene now?

Best career...i ahd two best, but i think my AEK Athens save was the best.

09/10-won greek cup, lost league title by one point, got knocked otu of europe early on

10/11- won the greek double, made it to the QF of hte CL.

11/12-double, 2nd round of CL, signed ronaldinho on a free :D

12/13-league only, semi final of hte CL, lost to real madrid on penaltiess

13/14-tycoon takover, got 20m in my transfer budget, singed iker muniain and toni kroos. won the league, QF of the CL.

14/15-won the greek cup, won the CL (finally!)

15/16-ongoing, i will update you when im done with it. have signed and AM© called Ander.

I had a save on CM2 where I took Newcastle to back-to-back Champions League wins, then resigned and then 'did a Lyon' with Marseille and won Ligue1 seven times in a row. Never did win the CL with them though.

I realise thats not all that great, but compared to my usual efforts, it was pretty decent. :)

On FM 08, I managed France and won the Euro's and the World Cup. I also took over Lyon after 2 years, 2 years in which they had been mismanaged and were out the of the champs league. Won everything I was in first season, then was unbeaten in the second season. I then left France and Lyon after the 2010 World cup, and moved on to Italy, and took them to European glory, while also waiting for a decent Italian Job to come available. Sadly before that happened my save game imploded.

Won the League Cup as a League One team once on FM 08.

Also managed to get them into the Premiership before FM 09 came out and I started a new Mansfield career.

got really really lucky thought. I remember it like it was yesterday. Got Man Utd in the Quarter Finales and played ultra defensive. They absolutly hammered us but couldn't score. And we scored with our only chance of the game 2 minutes into stoppage time. Then we got Preston North End in the Semis. And since my team was good enough to be a championship team at the time It was a even game, but we once again got lucky because the ref gave us a penalty that we never should have had and we won 2-1 to get through to the final where Tottenha, stood at the other end.

Again lady luck smiled at us since we much like the United game got abosulutly hammered. Thankfully they were not able to score so I't went to penalties which I won 4-3. I went completly mental. I just couldn't believe it! I've never ever been able to repeat that and even though I've won everything there is to win, nothing will ever be able to beat that feeling.

I mean I've done it before. I've even won the FA Cup with Rushden in my first season, but I can't brag about those because it were back in the old days when I was young and used to cheat. To do it without cheating was something really really special!

Oh and btw. the League One team was Oxford. I took them from the conference to League one in 3 seasons. (Lost the play off semi's in League Two the first year.) Finished 3rd in the second season and went up after winning the play offs. Finished 12th in League One the season I won the League Cup, and got promoted to the Championship the next season by winning the league.

My favourite career was back on CM01/02 or CM02/03, managing Sporting in a hot-seat game with 2 mates for 7 seasons where they started with Porto and Benfica, I won the Portuguese league 7 years in a row and won the Champs League in the last 3 years running, and had some great players in my team such as Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ricardo Quaresma before they were famous IRL. Also had a lot of local talent who came up through my youth team and developed into world class players.

The best thing about it was getting one over my mates as they were forced to leave Portugal because of my domination!

My long game for FM09 was a good one.

Chester City - into League 1 after 3 seasons (lost the play-off final in season 2). Sacked because I was applying for other jobs.

Alloa - didn't select the right option when I went on holiday between jobs and ended up with them. Left the same day.

Bristol Rovers - relegation zone in League when I took over. Play-offs that year, promoted the following season. left in the summer for:

Olympiakos - Title in the 1st year, Final of the UEFA Cup (lost to Inter Milan), season 2 2nd, then 3 straight titles but frustration always at Q-F of the CL.

Aston Villa - were in the relegation zone when I took over. Settled and challenged for top 4 second season. Won the title in season 3. Won 2 titles, then finished 2nd to Chelsea before winning 5 in a row. Won the CL 4 years in a row. Got bored and moved on to:

Arsenal (Argentina) - they had a tycoon owner. Won the League in season 1 and 2, went all the way in the Coppa before losing to Palmeiras in the final on penalties. I decided I wanted to move so took the challenge of:

Kilmarnock - a very flat and troubled season where my signing didn't come off - finished 5th but very poor all round. But then i was offered the job at:

Barcelona - title in the 1st season by a mile, then a weird season where Real overtook me and then the 3rd season where they won the league by 8-10 points. CL twice though.

International:

USA - got sacked after losing to Canada 3-2 in a qualifier. Had the job for about a year.

Peru - final of the Copa America. World Cup 2nd round. I think I was a Peruvian hero.

Brazil - won the World Cup even though I ended up with 8 players on the pitch (injuries) and I started the game with only 3 subs because of injuries too. The 2nd World Cup I lost in the Q-F and left with immediate effect, too embarassed to carry on. They asked me back though but I left within a year.

Italy - were heading to the finals of the Euro Champs when I stopped

Then FM10 came along.

My long game on FM10 has just started - Denzilispor in Turkey - we have just won the league for the 1st time but have just been beaten 6-1 by AC Milan in the CL group stages (at home)

With me i started off with newcastle won the championship then after some long hard seasons i won the prem fa cup league cup champions league all cups possible really. I then decided to leave as west ham had just been relegated so i wanted to have a new challenge and get them up and try and reach the heights i reached with newcastle.

Winning the UEFA Cup with Livingston about 6/7 seasons in on CM 01/02. Beat Real Madrid in the final. Best CM moment and save ever for me. Almost won the Scottish Premier but just could manage it.

Played on CM 97/98 a few years a ago with a mate and somehow we manged to win the Scottish League Cup with East Stirling in the Scottish third division in our very first season. No cheating! Just lucky draws and one or two wins on penalties.

Since I only started playing with FM09, my best save comes from that game: 12 seasons with QPR. Alongside winning all the competitions at least once in my career, I think the best part was getting regens and watching them grow into world class players who fit into my tactical philosophy. Recently made the switch to FM10 after patch 10.3, but boy do I miss those guys.

my best over the years was maybe portsmouth save on fm 08 with all the wonderkids piatti lulinha breno etc. and won the quadrouple twice on the run in 2012/2013 then 2013/2014 thats my best club my best international was this current game winning the world cup with cameroon in 2010 but i got luck with the draw as i gt ghana in the final and slovenia quarters but england beat 1-0 in semis then spain in 1st knockout rnd 4-3 this was all down to etoo scoring 9 in the tournie

how can i change my coaching style in my manager profile..its always general and i want to be defensive..any1 know what changes that?

It will change automaticly after some time.

It will change automaticly after some time.

its 3rd season and its still general but my playing mentality is cautious(less creative freedom and def mentality)but whats change coaching style, what facors changes that??how i need to set my tactics or training to change coaching style??

My favourite/greatest FM career was on an FM08 "World Tour".

I had countries and leagues loaded from all continents available. Yes it did take a long time to play ;)

I managed to achieve the goals I set out at the start, which was to win each major competition with a team in a league in each continent, including respective continental championships and intercontinental championships with several different clubs.

From memory, I think I started in China, then went from there to South Africa, Australia, USA, Mexico, Brazil, then finished off in England.

I've yet to replicate this with FM09 or FM10 and it's questionable if I'll have the time to do so as a main save before FM11 is out ;)

One of my favourite was with my local team NK Krka (who started in slovenian second division) and i managed ti win UCL 5 times with them :)

Currently i play with Wolves and i am in 2027 and i am just one league title away from breaking Man Utd record :)

I wil probably play this game until december :D

MY greatest ever Save was CM 2 German League who I was bayern munich. My formation was 4-4-2

Won The German League 7 Times in rows

Won the German Cup 7 Times in rows

Won the Europe CUP 5 Times in rows

Won the World Club 4 Times in rows

I had HELL OF FUN which was way back in 90`s!

I think getting Elgin to dominate the scottish league and make it to a couple of champ league semi finals was my best (in fm2008). Annoying that despite that it was impossible to get a player of mine to be valued over a million whereas the garbage players at Rangers and Celtic were.

Archived